Votes: 132 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

Have just moved it. It did get bumped down a lot. I need to put my PMs in a to do list :) Apologies.

Also, to make up for it I thought that perhaps instead of one universal button two separate ones like this:

http://weststats.com/images/sigs/bank.jpg
Thanks, Gem. :)

That would work if only one destination was going to be chosen (personal account or town treasury). I made one button because I want to be able to schedule a single deposit "job" involving a deposit to both of those destinations. Without premium, and with two buttons, you'd need to use both of your job slots to do that, which makes it almost pointless. A single-destination deposit would still work as discussed in this thread, of course, so having 1 button wouldn't obliterate the whole scheduled deposit idea, it would just remove one option.
Yeah that makes sense reading it after dinner ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i think he means that he can put it in hi own treasury witht his setting from away from the town. but he cant with the town foundry

DeletedUser

i think he means that he can put it in hi own treasury witht his setting from away from the town. but he cant with the town foundry
Assuming your "he" was me... For whom are you translating my explanation from English into gibberish? :huh:

DeletedUser5046

i am te only one who vote NO :laugh:

anyway i have mah explanation,,,tat is if wasnt te third for NPs and fifth for premium users... :D

DeletedUser

i am te only one who vote NO :laugh:

anyway i have mah explanation,,,tat is if wasnt te third for NPs and fifth for premium users... :D

Could you explain your reasoning for your vote?

It sounds like she's saying she thinks it would let you schedule two jobs and a deposit without premium, or four plus a deposit with premium automation. If that's the case, I missed that part of the suggestion. Maybe she's saying that she would like the idea if that was the case, but not otherwise.

DeletedUser

Added 26th Feb. No discussion.

..........aw criminy, I went and put my whole idea in the thread title! :huh:

Oh well.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

2/19 UPDATE to add the write-up:

To make bank deposits a schedulable task, here is the way I propose it would work.

1. You pull up your town interface, then the bank interface (just like now).

2. You enter amounts in either/both of the blanks (your own account and the town treasury).

3. You click a new button labeled "Schedule Deposit" (or something).
scheduledeposit.jpg

(I'm not an artist, and the above is just a feeble visual suggestion.)

4. A new job appears in your job queue, called "Bank Deposit" (or something). It includes the time it will take for you to walk/ride from the prior location to your town, just like praying or sleeping in the hotel does when you schedule one of those into your queue.
jobsqueuewithdeposit.jpg

(I'm not an artist, and the above is just another feeble visual suggestion.)

5. When that job occurs, you (automatically) walk to town and attempt to deposit the money. The depositing is handled in this order:
5a. The money is deposited into your account as you ordered, up to the capacity of your account. If, when you reach the bank and the scheduled deposit begins, you no longer have sufficient funds in pocket to deposit the amount you ordered into your account, then it will simply deposit what you do have, and that's the end of the job. If your account can no longer hold as much as you ordered deposited (note: this would be rare, but could occur under certain circumstances), then the amount deposited into your account is reduced accordingly and the surplus remains in your pocket.
5b. If any money remains in your pocket, it is deposited into the town treasury up to the amount you ordered deposited into it.
5c. Any surplus still remaining stays in your pocket.
I think that should cover all possibilities with no unacceptable side effects.

Note: If someone duels you or you otherwise lose money between scheduling the job and the job occurring, the shortfall is taken from the town treasury deposit rather than from the deposit to your account. This is simply because working with your account is a 2-way street, while depositing into the town treasury is 1-way only. So you can always add more from your account into the treasury later, but not vice versa.

At first i thought this was a good idea, and then i thought, "man, this would make it ten times harder for duellers to make money. After every job, and worker would probably schedual to go to bank.

DeletedUser

At first i thought this was a good idea, and then i thought, "man, this would make it ten times harder for duellers to make money. After every job, and worker would probably schedual to go to bank.

I don't think so. You'd have a smaller window at times, if your target is afk for whatever reason when the job is done, but I don't think most people are going to go from a job to town and back to the same job, at least I wouldn't.

DeletedUser

maybe not you, b ut what about all the noobs out there looking to conserve money. Im sure it would make it a little bit harder.

Diggo11

We have already had a large conversation over it in this very thread and concluded that it would have mutual benefits and minimal negative effects. You can read it if you want and then comment, otherwise don't.

DeletedUser

Yeah, what Diggo said. The actual impact on dueler "prey" would be rather small, is the conclusion. Not zero, just not much. And duelers would be able to benefit from it too, so overall it would be pretty close to a wash in terms of balance.

Imagine you're a dueler 5 hours from home. You plonk a couple of "marks" and score $800 (yippee!). But, you suddenly realize you have to go AFK in a few minutes, and you may not get back on for a couple of days (family emergency, or w/e). Currently, the best you can do is schedule 2 (or 4 with the automation premium) hotel stays and hope nobody duels you after that. With this proposal, you could schedule a deposit and then leave the computer knowing you'd done everything you could to safeguard your winnings (you could still get ambushed on the way to the bank, as is the case now).

As for making this a "freebie" in the scheduler (capable of being added as a 3rd/5th job), I'd be happy with that, but will leave that to the devs to decide.

DeletedUser

If this is included, I don't think it should be a 3rd/5th "free" job. Can't get everything for nothing!

DeletedUser

But surely you wouldn't mind if it was? As Luap Nor, said, the devs can decide.

DeletedUser5046

hmm..does te other two "no" voters have te same reason as mine?:unsure:

DeletedUser

I doubt they'd do the freebie thing, but yeah, they r teh smartz and can figger that out. It's certainly not a key element of the proposal in any case.

As a side note on that notion, though... I'd say that if anything were to be allowed as a 3rd/5th job, it should be instant actions like this, or possibly shopping (as suggested by master warrior), or... hmmm, are there any other instant actions which are schedulable? Prayer almost is, and duels, but they each take up a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.