ban the fire and ice set like the geranimo set

DeletedUser

At one point I was #2 in the contest but after spending the water,power,and insurance bill money on gold nuggets my wife wont lit me any more. Still at #4 or #5 but am sure I will drop quickly near the end and more and more people spend more nuggets.:(:hmf:

DeletedUser11353

I and pretty much every old player who didn't come from Tribal Wars found this game through ads on other gaming sites, and the player base started going downhill when those ad banners were removed.

I've started playing it when a friend recommended it not by ad :p

Anyway, I don't think reason The West keeps losing players is lack of ads, it's just that people get bored with it, always same things, it's like get dueled or duel, do a couple of imbalanced fort fights a day, silly quests, spend bunch of cash if you want to stay competitive in xp race while world is new and stuff eh.

I also think one of bigger problems is worlds can't be literally won, which makes it boring for lots of people. Some like it but most do not I am sure. They need to make them time limited, maybe have a some rewards for top few players/best alliance or whatever. Of course worlds would have win conditions, like 70% of forts held, combined with let's say your alliance has to have 50k duels won difference.. Forts don't have any meaning but sleeping in it, again no real reward which makes them nothing more special than hotels after people get past higher lvls(and while smaller lvls it takes them loads of effort to max the forts which hurts their progress more then it contributes). Not to mention we also have UP store so we get energy/hp back in a sec if we want.

Anyway that's more fitting for Ideas & Brainfarts but I had to write it eh. Just my humble opinion.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

Have a winner and close the world. What do you think the other paying players will say about that?

Having a win condition for a world is a good idea, just won't work for this game unless specific worlds are created with this criteria rather than adding it to worlds that have been here for a few years already.

DeletedUser11353

Have a winner and close the world. What do you think the other paying players will say about that?
They will say congratz. ;P
Having a win condition for a world is a good idea, just won't work for this game unless specific worlds are created with this criteria rather than adding it to worlds that have been here for a few years already.
That was the idea, I didn't said implement it into exisiting worlds, that would create havoc throughout the servers hehe but a fresh server with settings like that would be a refreshment and a nice challenge for most of us.

DeletedUser34315

As a player- if the CM's closed a world that was not declared to be a "endgame world" from the very start, I'd be very unhappy..

DeletedUser26820

There would be no moral, ethical, racial, hate, religious, marital status, sexual preference, or otherwise crime committed, if at the end of this promotion, Inno and the moderators announce:

DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE OF THIS PROMOTION, WE ARE AWARDING THE FIRE AND ICE SET TO THE TOP 10 IN EACH WORLD.

The player who finishes first on each world would have an argument for being peeved, but I'm not that guy on any world so I can't walk in those shoes.

It would eliminate any concern that a new introduction to the game was not spread out.

Awarding multiple prize winners on each world won't lower the value of the prize as none of them are auctionable.

It won't happen... but just a thought. Why does there only have to be one winner per world on a tombola event? Having only one winner makes every other participant a loser...

DeletedUser22685

Because they're overpowered and should be as hard to get as possible?

DeletedUser

Why does there only have to be one winner per world on a tombola event? Having only one winner makes every other participant a loser...

actually, only losers would be those that actually try really hard to win the set and fail. that would be probably only those ranked 2nd to 10th.
every other player will be quite satisfied with tombola because we all got bunch of nice goodies and nice items for free or for some minor nuggets investment.

DeletedUser8627

There would be no moral, ethical, racial, hate, religious, marital status, sexual preference, or otherwise crime committed, if at the end of this promotion, Inno and the moderators announce:

DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE OF THIS PROMOTION, WE ARE AWARDING THE FIRE AND ICE SET TO THE TOP 10 IN EACH WORLD.

The player who finishes first on each world would have an argument for being peeved, but I'm not that guy on any world so I can't walk in those shoes.

It would eliminate any concern that a new introduction to the game was not spread out.

Awarding multiple prize winners on each world won't lower the value of the prize as none of them are auctionable.

It won't happen... but just a thought. Why does there only have to be one winner per world on a tombola event? Having only one winner makes every other participant a loser...

Your argument is invalid. Allow me to show you why.

I've taken the top five winner results for the Easter WOF from world Briscoe, the world you currently play on.

en14 418
en14 391
en14 194
en14 183
en14 163

I think it's safe to assume that 10th place would roughly be around 100 turns.

It hardly seems fair that 1st place spent somewhere around 4 times the amount of nuggets than 10th place did to be awarded with the same prize.

The fire and ice set is probably the best fort battle weapons in the game, it's only fair that the players that put not only money but time and effort into their characters are awarded with the set. I'd hate to see players that cannot be bothered in investing in their characters be allowed to use such lucrative weapons. That's my opinion anyway.

DeletedUser33353

Actually, I kinda thought the prize was more than a worthy goal. True, I would like to have the set....but, not in my budget. I hope whomever wins it on any world enjoys it :)

DeletedUser

I've taken the top five winner results for the Easter WOF from world Briscoe, the world you currently play on.

en14 418
en14 391
en14 194
en14 183
en14 163

It hardly seems fair that 1st place spent somewhere around 4 times the amount of nuggets than 10th place did to be awarded with the same prize.

The fire and ice set is probably the best fort battle weapons in the game, it's only fair that the players that put not only money but time and effort into their characters are awarded with the set. I'd hate to see players that cannot be bothered in investing in their characters be allowed to use such lucrative weapons. That's my opinion anyway.

From these numbers it would seem fair to award the set to the top 2 players in the event, but I'm probably biased in that regard.

DeletedUser30417

From these numbers it would seem fair to award the set to the top 2 players in the event, but I'm probably biased in that regard.

Fully agree with you. Ended up 2nd place in Arizona because I couldn't get home fast enough after work and the game froze up when I clicked to fast to speed up construction :mad: But I guess I'm biased as well regarding this subject.

DeletedUser

en14 418
en14 391
en14 194
en14 183
en14 163

I believe that the only reason the guy in spot #2 didn't win was because he was offline, or didn't know exactly when the tombola at Easter ended. I feel sorry for whoever got 2nd spot, and really think he deserved a price for spending so much in the tombola getting beating at the finishing line because he wasn't aware of someone lurking right behind, jumping in front in the last minutes of the competition.

In this tombola, with all the clicking of reducing building time, each click taking seconds before it actually was updated in the game, made it impossible to catch up with the last building levels on Sunday evening. In particular since the leader was online keeping an eye on things. Of course, it's my own fault for going mountaineering without phone- or internet access since for the weekend. :)

The lag per 2-hour reduction basically made it impossible, because clicking faster would not help. Sad thing after spending so much time and nuggets to stay in the competition.
The good thing though is that you might have cured one of your better customers (addicts :) )

Cred to pete1 for staying focused through the competition.

-xq

DeletedUser

Fully agree with you. Ended up 2nd place in Arizona because I couldn't get home fast enough after work and the game froze up when I clicked to fast to speed up construction :mad: But I guess I'm biased as well regarding this subject.
I had the same problems Magnadine, so each click of construction reduction took so long that it was impossible to fight for spot #1 in my main world.
...but I guess I am biased, too :)

DeletedUser

Seems like all of us 2nd placers are biased on the topic...

The good thing though is that you might have cured one of your better customers (addicts :) )

Definitely cured now. Which will make my mortgage company happy again. :hmf:

DeletedUser17612

i was in second place for christmas (by 1 click), secon for easter (by 2 clicks) and they announec there will not be a first place price for independance day event (it's a miracle; i was cured :D).
I did spent app. same amount going after the sets.

i did get the fire and ice set, which was later taken away

DeletedUser34315

i was in second place for christmas (by 1 click), secon for easter (by 2 clicks) and they announec there will not be a first place price for independance day event (it's a miracle; i was cured :D).
I did spent app. same amount going after the sets.

i did get the fire and ice set, which was later taken away
What? Why?

Apelatia

I believe he was playing on World 5, so if he tried to migrate to one of the non-closed worlds while carrying the weapon, I suppose it would be deemed unfair to those already in the more active worlds that he had gained the weapon through unfair methods...