Balancing the Shamun - Poll requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

After reading through this 12 page long pissing contest, these are the only valid arguments as to why not this idea should be implemented.

1 - Worries about Inno making less money from nuggets.

2 - W1 is classic, it should stay classic.

3 - Does W1 even want this? The majority there should have a say in this, as they are the ones that will be most affected by this.

4 - This will conflict with taking money out of the game.

1 - This is such a small fraction, that it will hardly be noticeable.
2 - Classic? If classic means non-respecable (or extremely costly), then perhaps classic is not so good? Classic is non-prem, so this will not change that.
3 - Reskilling in W1 should be more cost efficient with all the recent changes. I think the majority in W1 will agree to this.
4 - Quite on the contrary. I think as the costs lower, people will spend more money, as they can make a bigger difference with the same amount of cash.

I agree with JJ. This is ready to go to development for a vote.

DeletedUser8627

Just read through this thread and a lot of the questions have already been answered.

The Shaman has been designed in such a way that one skill point means one day recovery or $10.

It has always been like this.

One Attribute means five skill points, indirectly yes, but it is still five skill points. Which of course means that it will increase by $50 a time and only decrease $10 a day, as per the skill point recovery.

I have already brought this up with development team and the stance is that we will not make any changes to world 1. The reason being is that we had a public vote where world 1 was voted to be the only premium-less world, making it the first and unique world. If there were going to be changes to world 1 then all other worlds would also be changed, this defeats the desire of the community and the voting we previously had.

While this may not have been previously thought of properly by the public when they casted their vote, we do honor the public's decision.

I can understand your frustration but this was decided when we changed to the new premium options on the other worlds.

World 1 will not be changing it's settings, especially after the whole ordeal about the new premium options being introduced.

DeletedUser

abskay, i do believe you neglected to read ad twista's post......this thread can be closed.

DeletedUser563

Just read through this thread and a lot of the questions have already been answered.

The Shaman has been designed in such a way that one skill point means one day recovery or $10.

One Attribute means five skill points, indirectly yes, but it is still five skill points. Which of course means that it will increase by $50 a time and only decrease $10 a day, as per the skill point recovery.

I have already brought this up with development team and the stance is that we will not make any changes to world 1. The reason being is that we had a public vote where world 1 was voted to be the only premium-less world, making it the first and unique world. If there were going to be changes to world 1 then all other worlds would also be changed, this defeats the desire of the community and the voting we previously had.

While this may not have been previously thought of properly by the public when they casted their vote, we do honor the public's decision.

I can understand your frustration but this was decided when we changed to the new premium options on the other worlds.

World 1 will not be changing it's settings, especially after the whole ordeal about the new premium options being introduced.

Voting before the new quests you mean. Wont the same people vote on this then. Furthermore this was never pointed out by anyone and discussed to this depth. As far as I have respect for the developers opinion. You created a certain procedure with these ideas forum. Please follow the procedure towards the end. If this idea gets voted they can ignore it if they want. The only vote I can remember on placate shaman had anyway about 20 votes against 8. That is hardly as representative as this thread was. As pointed out by actual world 1 players several times we have years to waste due to the slow AP recovery. So please proceed with the vote even if it means wasting further of our time as apparently we are the most patient people in the whole universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You don't even know what the procedure is.....but that's besides the point, the verdict has been delivered and is final.

DeletedUser563

Verdict. This is a forum and I'm certain Da Twista respect my opinion just as I respect his. Stop trying to shut US up. I was told to leave this thread I only returned to give my final opinions. Where is the harm in putting this to a vote. You have given us your opinion now please respect our opinions. Oh and if that was a verdict I'm now appealing the decision lol. If this is anyway closed I will write Innogames directly. I think their feedback form on their we site is just for such problems. Finally a survey or poll was created on world 1 in the shared world forum. Rice farmer you can make your vote there. If this is indeed closed which is weird since I can reply to it. I will provide Innogames directly with the result of that poll. I'm sorry that we have to follow this procedure and exclude all other players from this decision which could have affected them perhaps in future but world 1 will now decide what is good for world 1.

DeletedUser

Thing is this update would've been good for all worlds,not just w1 and made a lot of sense.
Some people are under the impression that w1 players are stuck because of the shaman problem,
we are not and we will manage to survive even without this change. :)

I still oppose placate shaman on w1.Those who want to play the game in easy mode has
13 other options.But w1 is the only option for those who want to play in a fair world where
no one can hide behind nuggets.Yes PS will make quests easier but it'll also bring in an
abundance of GGs and we don't need that.You can ask for a PS poll if w1 becomes less
active then most of those EP worlds.Until then don't ruin a good thing.

Although I am feeling a strong urge to tell spammer noobs like rice farmer to ST*U,I will respect
devs decision and will not continue this argument.

The Iceman

Even with this change it will still be a premium-less World
This is completely undemocratic, as well as being totally unfair
I honestly believe that this idea has earned the right to be voted on
I have seen less deserving ideas go to a Vote
90% of the replies in here are in favor of the change
Are you afraid that there will be an overwhelming YES vote for this change to be implemented
Please give the community the right to VOTE and then decide on the outcome

DeletedUser8627

Voting before the new quests you mean. Wont the same people vote on this then. Furthermore this was never pointed out by anyone and discussed to this depth. As far as I have respect for the developers opinion. You created a certain procedure with these ideas forum. Please follow the procedure towards the end. If this idea gets voted they can ignore it if they want. The only vote I can remember on placate shaman had anyway about 20 votes against 8. That is hardly as representative as this thread was. As pointed out by actual world 1 players several times we have years to waste due to the slow AP recovery. So please proceed with the vote even if it means wasting further of our time as apparently we are the most patient people in the whole universe.

As far as I can recall, there was an in game vote on the .de server about the placate Shaman option.

There were many, many discussions about the new premium options and the best route we could have chosen was to leave one world without any changes.

Even if there is a YES vote on this, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented, it's more like a guideline for the developers to see what the public wants. While many new features that have appeared on the forum have been implemented in the game, there are also some that were denied.

This is not my decision to make, I'm merely giving you the information and opinions I have heard and took part in.

Even with this change it will still be a premium-less World
This is completely undemocratic, as well as being totally unfair
I honestly believe that this idea has earned the right to be voted on
I have seen less deserving ideas go to a Vote
90% of the replies in here are in favor of the change
Are you afraid that there will be an overwhelming YES vote for this change to be implemented
Please give the community the right to VOTE and then decide on the outcome

Even though a premium-less world, I could possibly see the placate shaman being added to this world rather than changes to the configurations for the shaman prices.

This is what the problem is, if we change the prices on world 1, it will be changed in the other 13 worlds too.

For example, Briscoe players will now have a cheaper shaman and the option to placate the shaman. Don't you think that these players are also going to get annoyed that we making it 'unfair' for them?

We are still in fact changing the way this should be run. 5 skill points (1 Attribute) being moved should take 5 days to recover. This works perfectly fine moving 1 skill point over.

Regardless of the quests, this is an MMORPG, while you want to complete everything, have everything, do everything - it defeats the purpose of MMORPG. Games of this nature are made so that it is extremely difficult to do everything possible and also ensures lifetime gameplay.

^^

Proceed with the vote, I have no problem bringing this to the developers attention again, but remember nothing is guaranteed.

DeletedUser8627

If this is anyway closed I will write Innogames directly. I think their feedback form on their we site is just for such problems.

Writing to Innogames with this type of query, it will be handed to the .net support team to handle.

This option is not to be used for ban appeals, queries on in game dynamics etc...

We have a ticket system and forum where these queries can be discussed. Please see my previous response. ;)

DeletedUser

Don't see why its a bad thing if this update is implemented in all worlds. :(

DeletedUser

I stay neutral to this idea. For me the shaman is good the way it is. But it won´t harm me if you change it.

DeletedUser9470

Don't see why its a bad thing if this update is implemented in all worlds. :(

Because it makes things too easy.
It is already way too easy, people finish all questlines before even maxing out their characters.
If it does become even easier, it will for sure be a detriment to the longevity of the game.

to all:
If you are any good at playing this game you would realise you are advantaged by the fact that some things are difficult. this is a PvP game after all.

for me this is a pure and simple whine topic.

even when a mod comes in to say how things are, people still keep on whining.
th_crying.gif

1Big Chief

for me this is a pure and simple whine post.

even when a mod comes in to say how things are, people still keep on whining.
th_crying.gif
Yes.. seems to be.. I see no problem leaving Original worlds the same.. as there are many other worlds if they want a different game play
There are many other features & advantages from other worlds I could see that would be nice here.. but once you start changing.. you might as well bring everything in
Play the cards you're dealt with... is what I say ;)

DeletedUser563

I think we have discussed this to death. Time for a vote. I ask that -neo- and ricefarmer dont spam that thread. We have heard your half cents worth and this can be voted purely. Vote in world 1 currently stands on 58 vs 19 in favor.

DeletedUser

Really do you ever read the actual post before replying to someone?:laugh:
Those worlds already have PS genius so it won't make anything easier.

Once you become good[like me ;)]in the actual game you become immune to scathing
attacks by noobs in this forum.The fact that you are resorting to personal attacks
only proves that you are running out or viable counters against this proposal.
Can't blame you really there weren't any in the first place.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.