Balancing the Shamun - Poll requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

It's not making respeccing any cheaper, attributes still cost five times as much as skills! It's not taking away the challenge of respeccing on World 1.
if the cooldown is quicker, then it costs less to respec.
The only thing that's changing is that attributes will hit their base cost at the same time as skills which is a totally logical change
1AP=5sps
so its logical that it takes 1AP 5 times longer than 1 sp to cool down.

These 2 arguments are irrefutable.
as much as i hate the fact that respeccing is costly, thats part of the game.
if we make this noob proof, we will just end up with more noobs in this game braging about how amazing they are.
ideas like this relate to my "endgame button" idea.
if the game becomes this easy i will for sure be looking into other games that require a bit more of a challenge.

DeletedUser

I support this idea 100%.
I will always oppose placate shaman on w1 but this idea actually makes sense.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it´s easy to respec for anyone who is premium in W´s 2-14. They can use placate shaman and BAM shaman is reset to zero, respec some more/placate shaman and so on, so easy. But W1 doesn´t want placate shaman, nor I think there will ever be one. And for those who aren´t premium and want to reskill but can´t (too costly, repseccd before and have to wait years for shaman to reset) this idea will come in handy. A player in w1 had the shaman prices over $1000+ for AP´s and Sp´s. That will take forver to reset itself!

DeletedUser41

Currently 2180 dollars AP and 1850 dollars SP, i havent re-specced for 6 months either lol, not sure what it was at its peak.

But...i have worked hard for them dollars.

DeletedUser22685

1AP=5sps
so its logical that it takes 1AP 5 times longer than 1 sp to cool down.

No, it's logical that one AP costs five times as much as one SP. That's why they start like that. However, respec one of each, an AP goes to $300 and an SP goes to $60 so it's still five times as much. Now, you wait a day. The AP now costs $290 and the SP is $50 again. The AP is now 5.8 times more expensive than the SP! Attributes are worth five skill points, not 5.8.

DeletedUser

No, it's logical that one AP costs five times as much as one SP. That's why they start like that. However, respec one of each, an AP goes to $300 and an SP goes to $60 so it's still five times as much. Now, you wait a day. The AP now costs $290 and the SP is $50 again. The AP is now 5.8 times more expensive than the SP! Attributes are worth five skill points, not 5.8.
Remember that according to this you have only moved 1 SP that day, so you would still need to move another 4 SP, before you have the the same amount as an AP.

Moving 5 SP at lowest cost(1 per day), will take 5 days and cost 5x$50 = $250
Moving 1 AP at lowest cost, will take 5 days and cost $250

Like I said before, I still think that respeccing(especially AP's) takes too long if you can't afford to pay premium, but as long as the game reckons that 1AP=5SP, todays system makes perfect sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know. I have spent a loooooong time slowly re-specking for GG, without premium or nuggets. And being aware it will take a long time re-specking back this would give some others the ability to do what I've done in less then half the time.

DeletedUser9470

Remember that according to this you have only moved 1 SP that day, so you would still need to move another 4 SP, before you have the the same amount as an AP.

Moving 5 SP at lowest cost(1 per day), will take 5 days and cost 5x$50 = $250
Moving 1 AP at lowest cost, will take 5 days and cost $250

Like I said before, I still think that respeccing(especially AP's) takes too long if you can't afford to pay premium, but as long as the game reckons that 1AP=5SP, todays system makes perfect sense.
is what ive been saying all along.
todays prices make perfect sense.
like Jakkals says himself:
I make 3 to 5000k a day on world 1.
indeed respeccing is costly, but its still easily done.
any change would make respeccing a lot easier than it already is.
there will be no pride in anything after this.
specced to 10k tank one day, then pure charisma duelist the next.
no thank you!

DeletedUser363

I am personally against this idea. I spent about $400,000 to reskill myself from a pure shooter to a pure trader to find the 3rd key. With this change in place, I could have saved a lot of time and money. This idea does make respeccing cheaper and easier, because time= money. You are going to change the time it takes to reset an attribute from 25 days to 5 days. With your idea in place, a player would be able to respec 5 attribute points at the cost of $250 each in 25 days, while I could only respec 1 attribute point at the same cost in 25 days. How is this fair?

I am in no hurry to finish this game. As somebody earlier in this thread pointed out:
Actually...
The cost of respec was made for old worlds where jobs lasted 2 hours. There was no placate shaman premium back then and the game was created to make sure you can't be jack of all trades on only one world. Solving all quests, then duel, then fortfight, then back onto a new update quest, then some more dueling - that wasn't planned to be (easily) possible.

So, if you are impatient and can't wait for the shaman costs to go down, then pay the higher price. If you want to be good at everything in a short time, then join another world with the placate shaman feature. Leave world 1 they way it is.

DeletedUser

Not just you,everyone in w1 has spent a fortune to reskill and will continue to do so.
This change will only affect att. points & will not make anything easy overnight.

DeletedUser

Right Jesse James. And please keep in mind that W1 is NOT the same as it used to be. Changes have been made there - updates come into effect that add and change game features. Other worlds have premium features. That is something that helps to guide the development features. Technically W1 becomes more and more difficult - when you figure in the updates vs the old structure. This change just makes a small update to the old structure that makes it a little less more difficult than it is now.

DeletedUser9470

Right Jesse James. And please keep in mind that W1 is NOT the same as it used to be. Changes have been made there - updates come into effect that add and change game features. Other worlds have premium features. That is something that helps to guide the development features. Technically W1 becomes more and more difficult - when you figure in the updates vs the old structure. This change just makes a small update to the old structure that makes it a little less more difficult than it is now.

at 5k/day nothing is difficult.

DeletedUser

Speak for yourself please :) 5k barely buys me 2 skills to move and of course it goes up every time.

DeletedUser

I would appreciate an answer to the issue that I've raised, as I feel that is the only thing stopping this idea from going to voting.

DeletedUser

Don't flatter yourself.This thread surely meets the requirement to go to Development Discussion.
I've read the whole thread and every relevant issue has been answered.
Now some people will still disagree with the proposal well they can vote no in the poll.

And those who are opposing it need to read the OP again.
Its a minor change and much better than the other option.[placate shaman]
If you are blocking this one you are only paving the way for the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.