• No I would not!

Votes: 15 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

PROBLEM
Some items in your inventory are keepers, and some are being saved for sale when you are ready to make a purchase. As the games goes on, these can get quite numerous when you are saving for expensive gear. Some of your stacks might also be made up of items being saved for later quests as well as ones you want to sell so you always have to double check how many you need to keep.

PROPOSAL
Three separate compartments in the backpack.

1. The Default Compartment
This would contain all new items by default, both clothing and products, that you find or buy. You would leave all the clothing/gear which you regularly equip in this compartment. Items in this compartment can still be sold.

2. The “Safe” Compartment

You would move all products you are saving for later quests to this compartment. Items in this compartment cannot be sold in the stores.

3. The “Sell” Compartment
You would move all unwanted items, both clothing and products, to this compartment so you know exactly what inventory you have to sell. Items in this compartment can be sold.

FUNCTIONALITY

All Compartments
There will be navigation buttons displayed aboved the compartment contents.
All compartments will display the current total “Sell Value" of their contents.

1. The Default Compartment
~ Inventory Screen Changes ~
This will operate in exactly the same way it does now, with the addition of a pop-up menu (like the one in the store) from which you can select the following…
a. Equip Item
b. Move item to “Safe” Compartment
c. Move item to “Sell” Compartment
These options will have Tick/Cross selectors. The “Move Item” options will contain a number field (again, like the one in the stores) so that you can specify how many items you wish to move to each compartment.

~ Store Screen Changes ~
No Changes.

2. The “Safe” Compartment
Selecting items will bring up the following options, with Tick/Cross selectors and a number field…
a. Move item to Default Compartment
b. Move item to Sell Compartment
~ Store Screen Changes ~
Clicking on an item in this compartment will return an error message: “Items in this compartment cannot be sold.”

3. The “Sell” Compartment
Selecting items will bring up the following options, with Tick/Cross selectors and a number field…
a. Move item to Default Compartment
b. Move item to “Safe” Compartment
~ Store Screen Changes ~
Selecting an item will operate in the same way the default compartment does currently.

There will be an additional button in this compartment with the option “Sell All” so that you no longer need to go through each item/stack individually. Clicking this button will pop up a confirmation message with a Tick/Cross selector.

-----------
Image 1: The "Move" menu for moving items between compartments. Click activated. (ie;The hover function of displaying item info stays the same.)

attachment.php

Image 2:
The error message if you try to sell something in the Safe Compartment

attachment.php

Image 3: The "Sell All" button and confirmation message.

attachment.php

-----------
ADDITIONAL REQUEST

We would like the total sell value of the "Sell" Compartment to be displayed with our Cash and Bank balances on the main screen so that we know our available cash resources at all times.

-----------
CREDITS: Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. Special thanks to Dj Storm for raising the issue of where new items will go by default, to Eddy51 for suggesting 3 compartments rather than the initial 2 proposed.

Attachments

• movefunction.jpg
    movefunction.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,326
  • safeerror.jpg
    safeerror.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,309
  • sellallfunction.jpg
    sellallfunction.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,314
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It would be also a lot better when the clothes and the item's are separated in two tabs...

so you don't have your items and clothing through eachother when going to the store..

DeletedUser

Yeah, I think its cool that we have a separate compartment in our inventory where we can move items we plan to sell so they don't mess up with the rest of the stuff that we always need in our inventory.

DeletedUser

That sounds an awesome idea. Though I usually remember what I am selling XD

DeletedUser

amesome idea this would keeping track of my inventories money way easier.

DeletedUser

Not a good idea.. a great idea! lets push this to a vote and on to the developers :D

DeletedUser

Please, yes! Also, make clothing stackable - one of my characters seems to be acting as a wooly cap magnet...

DeletedUser

That sounds an awesome idea. Though I usually remember what I am selling XD

I have no problem remebering what i need to sell and what i need to keep. But yea i would support itemized tabs and compartmentalized packs.

DeletedUser

Oh yay! I'm glad you guys like it. :D

Some thoughts on the additional suggestions..
It would be also a lot better when the clothes and the item's are separated in two tabs... so you don't have your items and clothing through each other when going to the store..

Personally, I'm not sure this is necessary because the inventory as it is self-sorts, with the clothes at the top and the items down the bottom. The only thing that is sometimes odd with the sorting in my experience is that some weapons slot in at the top while most slot in at the bottom but I don't find that a problem.

Also, people like to equip items as well as clothes so having them all on the front page makes sense to me. But I'm just one person, so I guess we'll see what others think about that.

Please, yes! Also, make clothing stackable - one of my characters seems to be acting as a wooly cap magnet...

I can't see why stacking "blue woolly caps", for example, would be a problem. Stacks of "woolly caps" would be though, because you'd need some kind of drop-down list to pick the one you want and couldn't easily see what you had. So I'm assuming you mean the first kind of stack, which would work fine.

I'm not sure that I find that necessary, especially if duplicates are in the "Selling" compartment out of the way, but it certainly can't hurt. :)
---

And to Gem and Zazz.... Your memories must be WAY better than mine. ;)

DeletedUser

Yeah, it's the first type of stack I meant.

Re weapons, melee weapons are at the top of the list, and firearms at the end.

I'd also like to see the backpack sorted by this order:

Hats
Neckwear
Clothing
Shoes
Melee weapons
Firearms
Products

Instead of the current sort:

Melee weapons
Hats
Clothing
Shoes
Neckwear
Products
Firearms

It bugs me - the sort order isn't logical where your 'paper doll' is concerned. The reason I suggest putting the weapons after clothing is that most people won't change their weapon as often as their clothing (I think).

DeletedUser

I mean when I go to the shop.. all my items are all put through each other...

when I check my inventory that it's alright.. but when it comes to sell stuf.. there is no order in it any more...

DeletedUser

I haven't noticed that, eagle john. I just checked and my inventories in the backpack and in the shop screen appear to be in the same order. But they are fairly empty at the moment, so if you guys say it is so, it sounds like something that should be fixed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.