Oktoberfest Awesomia Battles

Oddersfield

battles have been changed to 22-23-00 hours.

Thank you for correcting the timing errors - sort of. Some of them are now only 24 hrs out from the revised schedule. e.g. Houston is on 3 Oct not 4 Oct as stated in your last revision of your schedule. Potentially all worlds have ffs starting between 22:00 and 23:00 ST.

However, there is still no answer to my question as to why all 44 ffs listed are in a narrow time window. It is the rationale for doing that which I am most interested in: seemingly the subject is being ignored. Will you be providing a response?

qrowlinq

Ex-Team Member
If we do it in a wide time, why would there be a morning war or why there would be a night battle?

Harriet Oleson

@qrowlinq : Thanks for these changes, I hope that could help those who couldn't participate at the previous scheduled hours; at least like that it shouldn't be always the same who can be online.
But ... (sorry) actually when I said Kuro dug with one hour between each battle, no battle was at the same time so those who had toons in each world could have a chance to participate. Here those who have a toon in Arizona and Briscoe for example won't never be able to paticipate in both ... He usually dug in a larger time slot to do so.
But well, I think I'm going to shut up a bit cause I feel like I'm annoying lol, while this matter doesn't even concern me : I only play in one world and even though I have my preferences for the hour, I don't really care, I can adapt.

RaiderTr

Odders and his obsessions with "Europeans" , anything new?

Idk how many times we should correct him that;
A) It's "for the good of majority" thing, for both numbers and onliner ratio.
B) Not all Europeans can make into ALL those hours online
C) LOTS of non-Europeans be online at those hours and none of them complains just for the sake of it.

You are also one of them, in fact you even dig and lead battles in Houston within those hours.
You used to be online all the time in Colorado within those hours too.

Despite all that, various people in Colorado contacted you for suggestions and you basically gave them nothing other than the usual stereotype "hate-speech" against Europeans.

Oddersfield

If we do it in a wide time, why would there be a morning war or why there would be a night battle?

I do not really comprehend what you are asking.

By having all NPC fights at the times you have them scheduled, those players in North America that work are largely excluded from being on-line for them during the week (not to mention getting yourself to the fort in the right gear with no cash on you in the first place if you want are farming during your work day). The times are not brilliant on week-ends either - many have families to do things with in the afternoon. So, why cannot a few ffs across all those worlds not be at say 4 am server time: that corresponds to 10 pm on east coast America and 7 pm West Coast America. Give these people a chance to be on-line. Players in Australasia may appreciate a different timing to what I am suggesting: I am never sure of times there but around mid-day server time may be about right.

"Yes" moving a few ffs to support non-European players would mean inconvenience for those particular ffs for European players. Why is that unacceptable to Inno? At the moment the message Inno is delivering is that they only cater for Europe. Last I heard, these are supposed to be English language servers. There are more people that speak English as their first language outside Europe than there are within Europe.

Oddersfield

C) LOTS of non-Europeans be online at those hours and none of them complains just for the sake of it.

You are also one of them, in fact you even dig and lead battles in Houston within those hours.
You used to be online all the time in Colorado within those hours too.

Despite all that, various people in Colorado contacted you for suggestions and you basically gave them nothing other than the usual stereotype "hate-speech" against Europeans.

I dig on Houston at around 2 am server time. That is 8 pm my time - and I got a lot of abuse for it too to start with. Still do periodically. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

DrgonWhere

I was just about to suggest the same thing as Oddersfield did.. It is hard on players that work, or have obligations to take care of. One world I sat at awesoma for 12 hrs, and to be offline. I personally love to be online to fight. It is no fun being an offie. Please rethink your time frame for about 1/2 of the worlds population that are Not European time frame.. Its only fair to accommodate all your players

DrgonWhere

WOW,,, do you really think that there are more Europeans playing than NON Europeans? I beg to differ... Why dont you go make a poll in all worlds to see how many are European vs Non European... you will be surprised.. Just asking that some of the Awesoma fights be at later times, to suit other players

Last edited:

SB.access

As one of many who couldn't attend these battles online, I'm fine with participating as an offie, coz even if I'm online, awesomia battle won't be fun since it's not organized in any way, no proper lead, nothing.
I come just for pretzels and other reward provided, while any other stuff is a bonus.

So, I'm fine with any schedule for these event fort battle.

Idk, why many are not satisfied with the setting as is for the event battle, are you guys fighting for 1st place of the tombola?
Changing things up more than necessary will just make things more complicated.

Do people complain like these too during the previous Event battles? :blink:

Many other things can be focused on to repair the state of the game, not this.
Just saying. sigh

Clever Hans

These times are really too late for Europe (11PM-2AM). Some of us work on Monday morning.. What was wrong with times you used in the first round of fights? If you will make some changes like this, than make a survey and don´t base it on the opinion of 1-2 players.

Last edited:

Annie-Bell

@qrowling

I ask again: why cannot one or two be timed to better suit players on other continents than Europe? It is bad enough trying to deal with European players within the game enforcing their own rules made to suit only themselves and then having to deal with the abuse when you challenge them. It now seems Inno are intent on taking it to another level .

Probably responding to just wording, but dont think players and Inno with event battles are forcing rules per se, or that you are being abused when discussing your preferences, its just coming down to what is best for the majority. And maybe drop the "Euro" .. (dont want any group hated on) ... perhaps step back and consider worlds overall and about numbers signing at different times regardless of where they are. If you take a look at busier worlds, kansas and colo there is a choice by some appointed, experienced, respectful leaders that dig daily battles. Most of them are between 20:00 to 23:00. Same could be said for the remaining 9 serves when there was regular battles occurring there, perhaps after time became more about when is good for whoever the person that digs when became smaller or irregular battles. The choice to dig daily battles during those times was likely based purely on what time of day that there is greatest about of turnout. In larger worlds, there is often second battle per day in off hours (2am server time as you mentioned). Recognize its not totally fair for the players that are not online during the first window, but neither is it fair to force off hours onto the even higher majority of players by having battles or requesting that Inno puts Event battles to appeal to the lower amount of players signing up. Its not personal, its just how game seems to be. In colo and kansas, battles during regular times are about 120 or 130 on side, more or less. In those same worlds, off hour battles (after 1 server time) there is maybe 1/3 of people signing up .. unsure of number of onliners but usually no more then 40 per side.. For remaining servers, the same trend of more players signing up at that time then later on battles. for both awesomia and regular.

if the goal is to appeal to most possible players, then makes perfect sense for Inno (for events) and ff leaders (in regular battles) to have battles at the time of day when the proven trend there many more players signing up. As for smaller worlds, yes we are very aware that you have taken to later and later off hour battles in houston, we have seen decline in overall numbers since this has started but again better then no battles, tho recognized not great battles as your fighting mainly offliners and know from our experience participation for both sides would increase if in the 20"00 to 23:00 time slot. but going with it. For Awesomia .. im assuming inno basing purely digging when is best for the overall majority. And also kinda agree that Awesomia lets take advantage of getting pretzels, many dont care if win or lose, there is alot of bigger stuff in game to look at

Last edited:

Harriet Oleson

Could something like that satisfy everyone for futur events ?

WORLDDATEHOURDATEHOURDATEHOURDATEHOURDATEHOURDATEHOUR
ArizonaD119:00D1+x20:00D1+2x21:00D1+3x22:00D1+4x23:00D1+5x4:00
BriscoeD120:00D1+x21:00D1+2x22:00D1+3x23:00D1+4x4:00D1+5x19:00
ColoradoD121:00D1+x22:00D1+2x23:00D1+3x4:00D1+4x19:00D1+5x20:00
DakotaD122:00D1+x23:00D1+2x4:00D1+3x19:00D1+4x20:00D1+5x21:00
El DoradoD123:00D1+x4:00D1+2x19:00D1+3x20:00D1+4x21:00D1+5x22:00
FairbankD14:00D1+x19:00D1+2x20:00D1+3x21:00D1+4x22:00D1+5x23:00
GalvestonD219:00D2+x20:00D2+2x21:00D2+3x22:00D2+4x23:00D2+5x4:00
HoustonD220:00D2+x21:00D2+2x22:00D2+3x23:00D2+4x4:00D2+5x19:00
IdahoD221:00D2+x22:00D2+2x23:00D2+3x4:00D2+4x19:00D2+5x20:00
JuàrezD222:00D2+x23:00D2+2x4:00D2+3x19:00D2+4x20:00D2+5x21:00
KansasD223:00D2+x4:00D2+2x19:00D2+3x20:00D2+4x21:00D2+5x22:00
L-worldD24:00D2+x19:00D2+2x20:00D2+3x21:00D2+4x22:00D2+5x23:00

Last edited:

NovaStar

@qrowlinq So, what I don't understand...in August I set up a battle that ended up being less than 2 hours from. a GM dug Awesomia battle with rewards. The opposing side had a cow, sent in a ticket and my battle was declared an "illegal" multi and moved instantly.

NOW, our opposing team has dug a battle less than 2 hours from a GM event Awesomia battle (with rewards) and its like an act of congress getting it moved.

WTH!???

Harriet Oleson

Hello Cowboys and Cowgirls,
Awesomia battles to be held for day of the dead event. The number of battles has not yet been determined, but it will be divided into 4 worlds in one day. I want you to recommend wartime, and I'm going to set myself a timetable.
Hi,
Thanks to still think to organise battles.
About your demand, seeing nobody answer to you, I'll try : I think you can do as you did in your first timetable, meaning between 8 pm and 11 pm, but with 1 hour between battles instead of 30 min (possible here cause you intend to dig only 4 battles per day instead of 6). And with a shift in these hours for the next battles, that could be good.

About the "wild time thing", maybe you could add a battle at wild time instead of 11 pm for example, but I think you should do it ONLY if you intend to prepare enough battles per world : this kind of special battles are better with the most possible players participating in it, so with too low attendancy and not enough battles, they may become not so much enjoyable.
But once again, that's just my opinion. Last time my timetable hasn't had a big success lol so my opinion may not be shared by a lot. I did add a battle at wild time in it though, but only because I considered 6 battles PER WORLD, so even if one battle potentially at low attendancy, I thought that wouldn't be a problem ...

Here, this event is shorter than the previous one, time passes, and if dug on 3 days instead of 2 (4 servers x 3 days for one battle, instead of 6x2), it's already too late to have 6 battles per world, and too late to even have 4 battles per world. So I'll take the risk to say : "Prime time only" :p

qrowlinq

Ex-Team Member
Yeni takvimi paylaşacağım savaşlar arasında birazdan bir saat fark olacak. there will be 3 wars per world