Awesome Experience-question

DeletedUser

Labor points only affect wage and danger - not luck or xp.

Is that true?..... So if I wanted to level up super fast, I can just do Evangelizing (that's the best I got so far) for 3 days solid in between sleep and still keep the exp high and luck?

Iv'e been blinded all this time:sad:

DeletedUser

Oh well looks like danzeman has finally found a cheat to this game!

Oh and danzeman i noticed you are replying to almost all of my posts lol

DeletedUser

dont thank me, thank the search engine of this forum, it works

check my sig for details........

DeletedUser

Is that true?..... So if I wanted to level up super fast, I can just do Evangelizing (that's the best I got so far) for 3 days solid in between sleep and still keep the exp high and luck?

Iv'e been blinded all this time:sad:

Labor points doesn't effect experience gained, but motivation does. So once your motivation hit 0% you wouldn't gain any xp.

DeletedUser

move your mouse over the LP box and it says that it affects xp

DeletedUser

move your mouse over the LP box and it says that it affects xp

Move your mouse over the LP box, read what it actually says, then come back here and apologize for spreading incorrect information on the forums...

DeletedUser

Yeah, whiskey fixes any bullet wound!

Btw, I found the formula (on this forum, not by myself):

Where X is between 0.5 and 1.5, with XP% and Motivation % as decimals (50% = 0.5)

Thanks for the formula, Doc, but I'm not sure if this is an answer to the question that I've been reading this thread to find (I'm not that good at math!). When I click on a task and it tells me how many labor points I'll earn, is that per hour -- i.e., does a 15 pointer pay 30 points if I do that task for 2 hours?

DeletedUser

Thanks for the formula, Doc, but I'm not sure if this is an answer to the question that I've been reading this thread to find (I'm not that good at math!). When I click on a task and it tells me how many labor points I'll earn, is that per hour -- i.e., does a 15 pointer pay 30 points if I do that task for 2 hours?
You don't earn labor points, you earn experience points.

CALCULATIONS REMOVED AS THEY WERE WRONG. CORRECTED VERSION POSTED BELOW. APOLOGIES FOR ANY CONFUSION AND THANKS TO Dr.Drud FOR POINTING IT OUT.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh well looks like danzeman has finally found a cheat to this game!

Oh and danzeman i noticed you are replying to almost all of my posts lol
Yes kind of a cheat, just need to keep my motivation up there, maybe 2 hours a day is all I'm gonna get.

Well Jord you must post some interesting stuff I guess, I never noticed my self but it must be true :unsure:
Edit: oh yea did I mention I was convicted 5 times for stalking people?

Labor points doesn't effect experience gained, but motivation does. So once your motivation hit 0% you wouldn't gain any xp.

Cheers fella, level 46 and still I don't know much, it's like Iv'e just gone on auto pilot the last 30 odd levels :D

DeletedUser

With such great random generator as works in this game, it's a bit pointless to think about formulas :)
When you can get $35 or $135 on same job with same motivation and LP.

DeletedUser

This would mean that doing trading for 2 hours with a starting motivation of 100% would give between 14.66 and 43.98 experience. I have been doing quite a bit of trading on some worlds (all at 100% motivation) and the last five have yielded 5, 6, 7, 5 and 6 experience respectively. This leads me to believe that the formula Doc found is incomplete.

All your calculations are (as far as I can see) completely correct. There's just one major flaw: Trading only gives 3% xp, not 15%. So the real mininum would be ~3 xp and the real max would be ~9, which seems to be very much in line with what you have gotten.

DeletedUser

With such great random generator as works in this game, it's a bit pointless to think about formulas :)
When you can get $35 or $135 on same job with same motivation and LP.

No matter how diverse the random part of the equation is, it still works very well if you're only interested in expected experience gained: Then just set the random number equal to 1 (effectively removing it from the equation without altering anything else). As long as you do a job more than a single 2-hour period your gained xp should end up fairly close to the average.

DeletedUser

Doc pointed out that the XP% value I had used in my original example was wrong. I had used the $% value.:eek:hmy: It just goes to show that it is always worth re-checking things before you post. I have removed the incorrect calculation to avoid any confusion. Below is the same example but using the correct value.
Formula is 100*(XP%)*HoursWorked*X*(Motivation%) = earned XP (Note *= times)
The following values are for doing trading:

* Exp% - 3%
* Hours Worked - 2
* Motivation% - 100%

We get:
100*0.03*2*X*1=earned XP
The 'X' is a random value between 0.5 and 1.5 so I will do the sum twice, once for 0.5 and once for 1.5 so we get a minimum and maximum.

100*0.03*2*0.5*1=15 Earned XP
100*0.03*2*1.5*1=45 Earned XP
I have read another thread somewhere that states this is calculated for each 30 minute time slot. So for the first 30 min motivation=100%, for the second 98.5%, third 97% and for the last 95.5% (this means if we start another 30 min session straight away then we would begin at 94%).

So for X=0.5

* Session 1 = 0.75
* Session 2 = 0.74
* Session 3 = 0.73
* Session 4 = 0.72

Giving a total of 2.98

And for X=1.5

* Session 1 = 2.25
* Session 2 = 2.22
* Session 3 = 2.18
* Session 4 = 2.15

Giving a total of 8.8

This would mean that doing trading for 2 hours with a starting motivation of 100% would give between 2.98 and 8.8 experience. I have been doing quite a bit of trading on some worlds (all at 100% motivation) and the last five have yielded 5, 6, 7, 5 and 6 experience respectively. This now shows (as Doc said) that the values I got are within the expected range and the formula he provided does indeed seem to work.

A much larger sample of actual results would be needed to prove beyond all doubt that it is right, but I certainly now have no problem in accepting it.

DeletedUser

It's clear for long run average. What is not clear for me - it's how depends money on LP and %.
Working last 11 days non-stop for money with 30 min runs:
- oil drill: 83%, 2 LP ~ $80
- paddle steamer: 82%, 8 LP ~ $80
- silver mining: 76%, 21 LP ~ $90
- clearing the forest: 62%, 144 LP ~ $60