Awesome Experience-question

DeletedUser

A job that gives you a 3 % chance of finding an ojbect, mens that if you work 30 minutes you have a 3 % chance of finding an item.

But what does for example 11 % experience mean? Does that mean, that you gain 11 % of experience needed for next level by doing 30 minutes of work, or what?

DeletedUser

Interesting question.

A job that gives you a 3 % chance of finding an ojbect, mens that if you work 30 minutes you have a 3 % chance of finding an item.
The first part is true..

Although..You are getting confused in the second part..
The experience you get is totally random..No one has a particular formula for that.
It is sure that you will get more experience in a job that gives 15% exp than a job that gives 10% exp. (Condition- Your labour points should be reasonable).
The labour points you have for a job also effects the amount of money, exp, luck, and danger you get.

DeletedUser

The experience you get is totally random..No one has a particular formula for that.

Untrue - there is a formula, and I'm sure someone will post it here fairly soon.

It is sure that you will get more experience in a job that gives 15% exp than a job that gives 10% exp. (Condition- Your labour points should be reasonable).
The labour points you have for a job also effects the amount of money, exp, luck, and danger you get.

Labor points only affect wage and danger - not luck or xp.

And the 15% xp doesn't really mean 15% of anything, it's just a rating from 0 to 100.

DeletedUser

there are variables in the formula :p but I just use 50 * xp (as a decimal) * Motivation (as a decimal) its not 100% accurate but close enough for me :p

DeletedUser

^Dr, you are Doc of The west

Yeah, whiskey fixes any bullet wound!

Btw, I found the formula (on this forum, not by myself):

Formula is 100*(XP%)*HoursWorked*X*(Motivation%) = earned XP (Note *= times)

Where X is between 0.5 and 1.5, with XP% and Motivation % as decimals (50% = 0.5)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Untrue - there is a formula, and I'm sure someone will post it here fairly soon.

Labor points only affect wage and danger - not luck or xp.

And the 15% xp doesn't really mean 15% of anything, it's just a rating from 0 to 100.

Thats what I said!..I said that these is no formula with anyone till now!..

Yes I was wrong about the LP thing.

#% is used as a variable for calculating the exp gained. (Though there is no formula discovered till now,..but yes,..it is used for calculating.

DeletedUser

(Though there is no formula discovered till now,..but yes,..it is used for calculating.

What I meant was that the formula has been discovered - see my post above.

Which basically means that at 100% motivation you'll get an average of 10 xp per hours work doing a job with 10% XP. The value you do get should be between 5 and 15 xp (and less with less motivation).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You formula is sort of confusing..
Can you mail me a proof that it works?..
The error is-
It is being multiplied everywhere..so, even if I should get something in 20es,..I will get it in 20thousands..

DeletedUser

I've edited the posts a few times, sorry about that. You need to put in the Motivation and XP as decimal numbers. So 11% xp becomes 0.11 and 94% motivation becomes 0.94

DeletedUser

No..
It is still wrong..
I will message you a report of mine. Wait a sec.

DeletedUser

*taking a flight back to topic*
does motivation effect all ex.,money and product chance and luck ?

DeletedUser

(job) motivation affects XP, wages, danger (how hard you get hit), luck (as in the value of an item) and the chance to find an item in first place (and item as in shoes, boots, hats, shirts; don't mix it up with products)

(duel) motivation affects XP only

labour points affect wages, danger (how hard you get hit), and luck (how valuable an item is)

DeletedUser

I keep reading Jack's posts hoping someday I'll find an error ! lol j/k

To the OP - I found adding money and XP is the best way to figure out which jobs are best to do... you'll probably end up alternating between your best 1-2 money and best 1-2 XP jobs.

Then you can keep your Motivation at 100% and get the best results.

DeletedUser

the luck is not the probability of finding an item, but it's value