Ask CM about the game

Clever Hans

@mnnielsen Few questions if you got time, no rush :)

1) What is a status of the update for character class bonuses? Is it still under development and if yes, any rough estimates when it could be ready?
2) Houston was recently closed. Any plans to close Galveston? Registration was disabled for that world at the same time like for Houston.
3) Any plans for the new migration routes? And are there any updates regarding the migrations from other national worlds to .net?
4) Could you briefly comment on what could we expect regarding the game development this year? I know you can´t post the roadmap but some general comments and teasers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
@mnnielsen Few questions if you got time, no rush :)

1) What is a status of the update for character class bonuses? Is it still under development and if yes, any rough estimates when it could be ready?
2) Houston was recently closed. Any plans to close Galveston? Registration was disabled for that world at the same time like for Houston.
3) Any plans for the new migration routes? And are there any updates regarding the migrations from other national worlds to .net?
4) Could you briefly comment on what could we expect regarding the game development this year? I know you can´t post the roadmap but some general comments and teasers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
1. this project is closed for the time being, not sure if it ever will be reopen
2. we are trying to pursuade HQ, but it might not be possible this year :-(
3. at the moment no
4. most of the energy will be used on the adventures, with the possibillity to have several server/countries in the same games, not only on speedservers, but also on normal live servers. We also hope to add some new recipes for the crafters and rework the veteran shop with new updated sets

Clever Hans

1. this project is closed for the time being, not sure if it ever will be reopen
2. we are trying to pursuade HQ, but it might not be possible this year :-(
3. at the moment no
4. most of the energy will be used on the adventures, with the possibillity to have several server/countries in the same games, not only on speedservers, but also on normal live servers. We also hope to add some new recipes for the crafters and rework the veteran shop with new updated sets
Thanks CM! :)
Sad to hear that the class changes are closed. There were many good suggestions from the players since the update came to Beta (also not all proposed changes were bad..).
I hope that the crafting changes will take in account the products from the new jobs. We can´t use them for anything else right now except for the quests.

Harriet Oleson

I don't know where to write this; that's not a question but an observation about the last CM threads : the recent announcements (job bonuses and forum updates) are placed in the subsection "Announcements" from the section "Fort Battles". But these announcements have nothing to do with FF ...
Usually this kind of announcements are put in The Western Star section (we can still see the weekend bonus thread from last november for example). Of course you moderate the forum as you wish, but that's just rather weird to see these announcements placed in an FF subsection, while they are not related at all. Plus, if some threads from a certain type are put in a section and other ones from the same type are put into other ones, it makes threads difficult to find when we use the search bar or directly in the concerned sections.
So just saying, but well, yes, I'm surely the only one paying attention to this kind of things lol, so ... you can do whatever you want of this observation :p

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I don't know where to write this; that's not a question but an observation about the last CM threads : the recent announcements (job bonuses and forum updates) are placed in the subsection "Announcements" from the section "Fort Battles". But these announcements have nothing to do with FF ...
Usually this kind of announcements are put in The Western Star section (we can still see the weekend bonus thread from last november for example). Of course you moderate the forum as you wish, but that's just rather weird to see these announcements placed in an FF subsection, while they are not related at all. Plus, if some threads from a certain type are put in a section and other ones from the same type are put into other ones, it makes threads difficult to find when we use the search bar or directly in the concerned sections.
So just saying, but well, yes, I'm surely the only one paying attention to this kind of things lol, so ... you can do whatever you want of this observation :p
I'm going to lie down flat here, it's my fault it was announced in the wrong place and the same with the newest post on the clean up
edit: they are now moved to the right place - thank you for paying attention

Kidd Kalypso

So, is this coming here?

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
So, is this coming here?
yes it will :-))

Kidd Kalypso

Thanks , may wish to announce it somewhere....unless the time frame is different. I know most announcements here are usually copy/pasted from Beta anyways, but a few of the remaining players don't do Beta.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Thanks , may wish to announce it somewhere....unless the time frame is different. I know most announcements here are usually copy/pasted from Beta anyways, but a few of the remaining players don't do Beta.
yes, my task just need to arrive first before I can announce it ;-)

Annie-Bell

sorry, for part2 of question (know we been told not to make back to back posts, but wasnt expecting answer).

Is the planning for the ifbc in process, recall discussions pre christmas. Know last ifbc the .en group lost in first round so lots of work to do!

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
sorry, for part2 of question (know we been told not to make back to back posts, but wasnt expecting answer).

Is the planning for the ifbc in process, recall discussions pre christmas. Know last ifbc the .en group lost in first round so lots of work to do!
Yes the planning is in process allready, status is: We are currently analysing the different proposals that have been submitted and, together with the other countries, we are in the process of finding the 3 best proposals, which will then be published to you, the players, who will then be able to decide which one is the best