Ask CM about the game

sanidh

Nyborgs obviously signed an NDA but it would be awesome to get his two cents on what he thinks the future of this game will be. It would give us the clearest picture in this shroud of ambiguity from inno lol

wyindywidualizowany

1. Are there any changes planned to be made anytime soon when it comes to FF balance? People seem to happily defend but knowing that attacks have like a 1% winrate it's very difficult to convince same people to come to attacks.

2. Are there any changes planned to be made when it comes to FF formulas? Right now pretty much the only viable builds are full hp or full leadership.

3. Where are we when it comes to increasing level cap? With the current state of the game it seems like it would only break it even more (considering how bad/outdated things such as FF formulas are), but would be good to hear about it a bit more.

4. Now that LCM application disappeared, when approx are you planning to make anyhow bigger updates to the game? Lately we've only been getting old items upgrades and while it is something that probably should be done it shouldn't be the main and pretty much only focus for like a year.

5. Why aren't event items auctionable faster? Waiting weeks doesn't make sense considering nothing useful is being done in these weeks after big updates.

6. Are there any changes planned when it comes to crafting items? Things such as amulet are so obsolete that it's literally not useful to use them (pretty much only useful things are hp/energy/motivation/FF buffs).

7. Is there any chance that new players will get more help than they do now? Some exp gear, a speed set, would be nice if you helped them a bit catch up to "older" players.

Would be really nice if you guys could answer :)

Can I get an answer?

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
1. Are there any changes planned to be made anytime soon when it comes to FF balance? People seem to happily defend but knowing that attacks have like a 1% winrate it's very difficult to convince same people to come to attacks.

2. Are there any changes planned to be made when it comes to FF formulas? Right now pretty much the only viable builds are full hp or full leadership.

3. Where are we when it comes to increasing level cap? With the current state of the game it seems like it would only break it even more (considering how bad/outdated things such as FF formulas are), but would be good to hear about it a bit more.

4. Now that LCM application disappeared, when approx are you planning to make anyhow bigger updates to the game? Lately we've only been getting old items upgrades and while it is something that probably should be done it shouldn't be the main and pretty much only focus for like a year.

5. Why aren't event items auctionable faster? Waiting weeks doesn't make sense considering nothing useful is being done in these weeks after big updates.

6. Are there any changes planned when it comes to crafting items? Things such as amulet are so obsolete that it's literally not useful to use them (pretty much only useful things are hp/energy/motivation/FF buffs).

7. Is there any chance that new players will get more help than they do now? Some exp gear, a speed set, would be nice if you helped them a bit catch up to "older" players.

Would be really nice if you guys could answer :)

1. Yes we are working on it, but things takes time
2. I have to get back to you later with this - I really don't have any informations regarding this
3. Its still a part of the secret project, so you have to have patience :)
4. The new LCM has to have his training first, before being able to do this
5. This is primarily because we have a desire for players to play the event where they can get things instead of buying the items.
6. I will check this out for the next CM meeting around this - at the moment I have not heard anything about such plans
7. It will always be a challenge in the game, in fact in all games where old and new are mixed. But I will pass on the proposal

I know these are not the clear questions you were hoping for, but they are the best answers I have the opportunity to give right now.
But there are a lot of things that are not planned yet, and a lot of work is being done on the things behind the scenes

vampyr

3. Its still a part of the secret project, so you have to have patience :)

Please don't increase the level cap. Leveling a character with building high level churches even now takes months upon months. I will not even talk about the slower methods. It takes an unbelieveable amount of time. If you do not look at leveling, item bonuses will be way too strong. I shiver at the thought of level 200 or what cortinas on ST or people with union officer sets.

"Secret project" or not, I personally think big changes to the game need to be discussed with players, because of past experiences we know Inno knows nothing about the game and what it's players want. Is it better to have a constructive conversation with players and deliver a good update, or keep everything a secret until the end, and deliver an update nobody likes or wants?

5. This is primarily because we have a desire for players to play the event where they can get things instead of buying the items.

This would be a good idea, if events actually enabled players to collect full sets. Now, it is rare to see someone who didn't spend nuggets that has managed to obtain all items from a set they want. Then just marinating those uncomplete sets for 2 weeks is way too long and unfun. Everyone wants to try them out as fast as they can, trade, sell and upgrade them.

Players do play the events, but with the amount of useless chests, random buffs, and sometimes bad RNG, players just dont manage to finish these sets during the event.

Personally my suggestion would be a one week non-auctionable period where those who spent nuggets and completed the sets are rewarded with some time to test them out and have fun with them, but anything longer than one week is just way too long.

Prljavi Hari

Please don't increase the level cap. Leveling a character with building high level churches even now takes months upon months. I will not even talk about the slower methods. It takes an unbelieveable amount of time. If you do not look at leveling, item bonuses will be way too strong. I shiver at the thought of level 200 or what cortinas on ST or people with union officer sets.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to worry about this as everything would be well-balanced before such a change is implemented & live. However, does anyone here really have faith that Inno will pull this off?

@mnnielsen, keeping it a secret project is fine, but only to a certain extent - I once again feel I'm flogging a dead horse here, but if level cap is indeed to be increased to 200, you HAVE to take into consideration ramifications this will have primarily on dueling & FFs, and I'm not sure you guys have the capacity to do so without any input from the player base. If a player will be able to skyrocket from 150 to 180, 190 or 200 (which, don't get me wrong, they rightfully should as they've earned it with all of the accumulated exp over the years), from where I'm standing it seems that 2 things at least will definitely need to be subjected to change, and this is mainly from the dueling perspective, I'll leave to others to discuss FFs:

1) the whole dueling level mechanic will need to be revamped. If you are a 150/duel lvl 150 player & you're boosted, let's say to 200/200 (there shouldn't be too many instances of this happening right away, but let's use this example for argument's sake), you will receive an additional tally of 50 AP & 150 SP - just in bare AP/SP from leveling alone. As it currently stands, a 200 duel lvl player can duel another player who's as low as 143 - meaning the other player's max level at that point in time is 143. This is a whopping difference of 57 APs & 171 SPs, which is also not taking into account the amount of AP & SP amassed through the years via repeatable quests someone who is able to light up to 200 will surely have. The gap is too wide at this point already. Now if you add in the set bonuses and added weapon damage (probably the biggest difference-maker due to upgrades), you've essentially run dueling into the ground & you might as well just put a tombstone up as you'll kill one of the 2 biggest aspects which still keep people invested in this game. You either need to reduce the gap availability between dueling levels (considerably), remove dueling level altogether or come up with a completely different mechanic.

2) character classes will need to be revamped. This has also been covered multiple times in previous years, but it always fell on deaf ears. However, I feel you won't be able to ignore it this time around if new level cap is implemented & I surely hope you don't. When it comes to dueling, one thing is clear - soldier is king. Bonuses other classes provide (which, in essence, is only really dueler class as advents & workers have absolutely no impact on dueling) pale in comparison to tactics & HP boosts soldiers get. This is highly noticeable now, but the gap will only grow bigger as levels do. If all 4 classes can have some sort of a FF bonus, I'm kinda baffled as to why all 4 can't have some sort of a dueling bonus? It will only bring about a positive change as those who like to duel will now be able to experiment more & those who don't will at least have some sort of a solid footing to hit back, exact revenge or actually win a duel or two. I can go on about suggested changes, but I feel that warrants a completely separate thread so I'll just mention one - @lulumcnoob made a great suggestion not long ago that all 4 classes should have a set of bonus options to choose from (e.g. 10 options to choose from, where a player chooses 4 or 5 to "create" or "customize" if you will, his own character class - this is, of course, only a starting point for a further discussion). Throw out the concept of these cookie-cutter builds that currently exist & introduce the ability for players to experiment, try out different things & actually succeed in their endeavors if done correctly - not sure how you (Inno) fail to grasp this will only improve player experience & activity?

I guess tl;dr - if you plan on introducing changes on a scale this big - listen to the players who are using/buying your product on a daily level & have been doing so for the past 1, 2, 5, 10+ years. We're not asking for the world or for you to scale your profits down, just a level playing field.

Cheers,
Hari

Poker Alice

This would be a good idea, if events actually enabled players to collect full sets.
I am wrong to say events do? Sort of. A player who's goal is to join an event can achieve at least something. They can deal on the market place at a later date to buy the set complete or gain just by selling what they have so to obtain another set? Alternatively, I think the games marketing idea is to allow people to play for free but offer game advantage if players opt to spend real world money. Perhaps think of an event like a pirates conquest where the boarding of a ship might give good rewards or just not hold much. The chest might have good value or end up being poor booty. Another choice a player can make is to just skip an event and make their goal about something else. I'm still not convinced that achieving "perfect balance" is the way to go.

"Secret project" or not, I personally think big changes to the game need to be discussed with players, because of past experiences we know Inno knows nothing about the game and what it's players want. Is it better to have a constructive conversation with players and deliver a good update, or keep everything a secret until the end, and deliver an update nobody likes or wants?
I'm wondering about the advantage of keeping something secret. Wondering why? In any case, I don't think it is accurate for anyone to say what players want? I mean some may want the same thing but such a conclusion is difficult to discern. Even with a poll not everyone will vote yet still be part of the community with perhaps different interests.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I am wrong to say events do? Sort of. A player who's goal is to join an event can achieve at least something. They can deal on the market place at a later date to buy the set complete or gain just by selling what they have so to obtain another set? Alternatively, I think the games marketing idea is to allow people to play for free but offer game advantage if players opt to spend real world money. Perhaps think of an event like a pirates conquest where the boarding of a ship might give good rewards or just not hold much. The chest might have good value or end up being poor booty. Another choice a player can make is to just skip an event and make their goal about something else. I'm still not convinced that achieving "perfect balance" is the way to go.

I'm wondering about the advantage of keeping something secret. Wondering why? In any case, I don't think it is accurate for anyone to say what players want? I mean some may want the same thing but such a conclusion is difficult to discern. Even with a poll not everyone will vote yet still be part of the community with perhaps different interests.

It is a secret project because its rather difficult, to make changes the code in parts of the game is really old, we are not talking print strip old, but really outdated .... So many of the projects require that large parts of the original code be adapted to meet the demand ..... and it takes time , so that it can be done properly

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I w

This would be a good idea, if events actually enabled players to collect full sets. Now, it is rare to see someone who didn't spend nuggets that has managed to obtain all items from a set they want. Then just marinating those uncomplete sets for 2 weeks is way too long and unfun. Everyone wants to try them out as fast as they can, trade, sell and upgrade them.

Players do play the events, but with the amount of useless chests, random buffs, and sometimes bad RNG, players just dont manage to finish these sets during the event.

Personally my suggestion would be a one week non-auctionable period where those who spent nuggets and completed the sets are rewarded with some time to test them out and have fun with them, but anything longer than one week is just way too long.

I will pass your sugestions on to the top, they seems quiet well thougt through :)

RaiderTr

Real issue is, some people will be level 200 (or whatever the max limit will be) right away and it will take years for us to get there..

PvP will be even worse.
its rather difficult, to make changes the code in parts of the game is really old, we are not talking print strip old, but really outdated .... So many of the projects require that large parts of the original code be adapted to meet the demand ..... and it takes time , so that it can be done properly
Might be why we ain't getting Mobile app :-(

Maybe some day Diggo will finish updating the spaghetti outdated code :roll:
Part-time job doesn't help tho..

Last edited:

wyindywidualizowany

I'm not sure who to believe. You say no updates on level increasing thing yet because it's a secret project and then you pretty much say that it's gonna take a while because the code is outdated and someone just told me that the wests official facebook says that the level update will happen "very soon"

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Real issue is, some people will be level 200 (or whatever the max limit will be) right away and it will take years for us to get there..

PvP will be even worse.

Might be why we ain't getting Mobile app :-(

Maybe some day Diggo will finish updating the spaghetti outdated code :roll:
Part-time job doesn't help tho..

yup thats one of the reasons to the mobile app

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I'm not sure who to believe. You say no updates on level increasing thing yet because it's a secret project and then you pretty much say that it's gonna take a while because the code is outdated and someone just told me that the wests official facebook says that the level update will happen "very soon"

They have been working on it for a very very long time, even before etriels video was made..... so in the BIG picture its very soon, but it is not going to come next week