Ask CM about the game

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I can understand why Nyborg had to go from an Inno point of view. I can understand that new servers create such a big revenue that they have to be opened every year.

However I can't understand why the player-base is constantly ignored when it most likely would generate even more revenue. So new CM I want to ask you if you will work together with the players and try to improve fort battles. You won't have to reveal anything secret or do anything to make your bosses even slightly upset.

I am not talking about sending a request to Inno and then hiding but actually doing something to improve things? Or is that impossible? Do you have any actual power to change something or are you all PR?

My straIght questions is: Can you adjust the battle numbers as discussed or even better lower tower bonuses?
Please give me a straight answer.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
We aim to have the same settings across all markets in order to keep the same gameplay across all language versions, therefore if a change would be made, we will introduce to all markets, not only to one. Of course, for testing propuse we may try different settings for a very short time to see how it performs, and if would be reasonable to make a change at all. We are constantly listening to your feedback about Fort Battles, and last year we have already made some changes regarding it.

I will soon read all the suggestion in the other thread about fort battles, and try to react to everything.

RaiderTr

We aim to have the same settings across all markets in order to keep the same gameplay across all language versions, therefore if a change would be made, we will introduce to all markets, not only to one.
This doesn't make any sense though, while each "market" have many different servers with different numbers (that mostly doesn't even come close to filling Battles) , before it comes to other markets even.

But sure, we would love a proper balance (formulas, rewards etc) instead but it's not happening now is it?

Last year's tests were quite limited and there were only very limited changes, which, in the end made things even worse.
That's what happens when you stop a project before it even starts.

Of course Set designing of West isn't the best.. Either OP or useless.

Last edited:

Nisa

We aim to have the same settings across all markets in order to keep the same gameplay across all language versions, therefore if a change would be made, we will introduce to all markets, not only to one. Of course, for testing propuse we may try different settings for a very short time to see how it performs, and if would be reasonable to make a change at all. We are constantly listening to your feedback about Fort Battles, and last year we have already made some changes regarding it.

I will soon read all the suggestion in the other thread about fort battles, and try to react to everything.

this makes more sense.

szycopath

This makes no sense. Those markets are really very different. Neven .net servers vary, some are into FFs like Colo, others.. not so much. I don't think there's a god-written rule to make all servers be the same, since people can register wherever they want. There could easily be some sort of activity measure and align numbers accordingly. Like, say, just make 3 buckets, low-medium-high activity, and let smol worlds get smol numbers, bigger worlds bigger numbers
I also don't understand how does it make sense for inno to enforce weird stuff really no one asked for while ignoring everything players say. New players can't care less about Ff numbers or tower bonuses because they don't even know what that is and will accept whatever the game has. Them stopping with it after 3-4 months when they find out how boring and unrewarding it all is can't be a better deal than those who buy even just a few nuggets every few months to keep their character premium for Ffs

wyindywidualizowany

1. Are there any changes planned to be made anytime soon when it comes to FF balance? People seem to happily defend but knowing that attacks have like a 1% winrate it's very difficult to convince same people to come to attacks.

2. Are there any changes planned to be made when it comes to FF formulas? Right now pretty much the only viable builds are full hp or full leadership.

3. Where are we when it comes to increasing level cap? With the current state of the game it seems like it would only break it even more (considering how bad/outdated things such as FF formulas are), but would be good to hear about it a bit more.

4. Now that LCM application disappeared, when approx are you planning to make anyhow bigger updates to the game? Lately we've only been getting old items upgrades and while it is something that probably should be done it shouldn't be the main and pretty much only focus for like a year.

5. Why aren't event items auctionable faster? Waiting weeks doesn't make sense considering nothing useful is being done in these weeks after big updates.

6. Are there any changes planned when it comes to crafting items? Things such as amulet are so obsolete that it's literally not useful to use them (pretty much only useful things are hp/energy/motivation/FF buffs).

7. Is there any chance that new players will get more help than they do now? Some exp gear, a speed set, would be nice if you helped them a bit catch up to "older" players.

Would be really nice if you guys could answer :)

sanidh

Kinda done with this game lol with hyborg leaving, I'm surprised he lasted this long really. He seemed too good to be true, how did inno even stomach his openness to work for the community for so long?

Here's to a new run of the mill community manager coming back who does nothing till 2030 Woohoo

RaiderTr

If anything, Nyborg made us remember what a good, community friendly " Community " manager is like.

You don't make "good business" if u dont satisfy the (crucial) needs of the Community.
You only lose it.

Just compare Forum activity to few days ago when Nyborg was in charge.
It never seen that much amount of people in the last decade I'm sure.

And nowadays "CM" back to "Corporate Manager" again.

No offense to Nielsen , Nyborg told us to take good care of her.

Last edited:

Clever Hans

@Syntex @mnnielsen

1) Battle numbers. Based on our feedback and to balance the sides (attack vs defense), Nyborg has already changed the server settings for large forts on .Net worlds from 130 vs 120 to 150 vs 120. Would it be possible for you to slightly increase the numbers of attackers for medium and small forts as well? At least, to revert the number of attackers to previous ones before the changes last fall (100 vs 84 instead of 92 vs 84 for medium and 50 vs 42 instead of 46 vs 42 for small forts). That would help to make sides more equal until devs have time to work on the FFs.

2) Awesomia digs. Would it be possible to keep the weekly Awesomia dig by mods? These battles were very welcome by players and provided some FF action to old worlds without daily battles.

3) Migrations. Recently there was a lot of discussions about migrations and closing of the worlds. If it is not possible to close more worlds after world 1 at the moment, could you allow migrations from additional 1-2 worlds with the lowest activity?

Thank you for your kind answers! :)

Last edited:

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
@Syntex @mnnielsen

1) Battle numbers. Based on our feedback and to balance the sides (attack vs defense), Nyborg has already changed the server settings for large forts on .Net worlds from 130 vs 120 to 150 vs 120. Would it be possible for you to slightly increase the numbers of attackers for medium and small forts as well? At least, to revert the number of attackers to previous ones before the changes last fall (100 vs 84 instead of 92 vs 84 for medium and 50 vs 42 instead of 46 vs 42 for small forts). That would help to make sides more equal until devs have time to work on the FFs.

2) Awesomia digs. Would it be possible to keep the weekly Awesomia dig by mods? These battles were very welcome by players and provided some FF action to old worlds without daily battles.

3) Migrations. Recently there was a lot of discussions about migrations and closing of the worlds. If it is not possible to close more worlds after world 1 at the moment, could you allow migrations from additional 1-2 worlds with the lowest activity?

Thank you for your kind answers! :)

Hi
I may not respond so quickly here, but I read all your messages :)

1. I can see what you say :) we will see if we can make it work.
2. It should be possible, I already do it in the other markets where I am CM .... I just have to put it in system here first.
3. This is a question I just need to have checked with those who are on the level above me first, before I can give a clear message about this.

Clever Hans

Hi
I may not respond so quickly here, but I read all your messages :)

1. I can see what you say :) we will see if we can make it work.
2. It should be possible, I already do it in the other markets where I am CM .... I just have to put it in system here first.
3. This is a question I just need to have checked with those who are on the level above me first, before I can give a clear message about this.

Thanks CM for checking it! :)

p.s. Besides already adjusted battle numbers for large forts here, the numbers were also modified by CM on German worlds so German CM might offer some advise regarding that.

RaiderTr

I don't think they mind if this specific game of theirs dies.

Otherwise why get rid of useful people?

Most of their staff comes from their other games anyway, they can be sent back :roll: