Art Competition Activity

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
G'day all

With the recent art competitions we've had some great entries from talented people. I thank you all for taking your time and showing off your skills. But what I have noticed is that the number of people who enter the competitions is decreasing.
The last competition Season's Changing we had one entrant.

I was wondering if you could tell me why activity is decreasing. I understand that people may not like the theme of each competition or they don't have the time to make a graphic but I want to know if there's any other reasons. Also give me ideas on how to bring people to the section

With your help we can get this section active again so we can have more competitions and more fun. Tell your friends who may not even have been to the forums before to come and discuss this so we can make it better for everyone.

Thanks for your time.

DeletedUser34084

I don't like the theme and my brain just stopped working. + that I didn't open Photoshop for a few weeks.
An Autumn-Winter season change would be a lot easier, just saying.

DeletedUser31931

I would have entered, but firstly I'm nothing more than an honourable mention, I don't want any ingame items, they're useless to me as I don't play any more. Secondly, I'm not really in the art feel at the moment. I go through periods of interests and currently I'm not in one where I like art and I don't really feel inclined to post.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I don't like the theme and my brain just stopped working. + that I didn't open Photoshop for a few weeks.
An Autumn-Winter season change would be a lot easier, just saying.
I chose this theme because I wanted to target people in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere because of opposite seasons. You don't have to do spring and autumn, you can only do autumn if you wish.

I would have entered, but firstly I'm nothing more than an honourable mention, I don't want any ingame items, they're useless to me as I don't play any more. Secondly, I'm not really in the art feel at the moment. I go through periods of interests and currently I'm not in one where I like art and I don't really feel inclined to post.
What if I make a creative writing competition? Would you like to enter that?
Plus what does everyone else think about creative writing?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34315

I don't usually enter in these things, because... i cannot do graphic art stuff worth garbage.
A creative writing one could be interesting, i think there are a lot of writers hiding in these forums. I like writing, (although not very good at it) and would definitely enter the competition.

DeletedUser31931

Yes, I'd probably be up for Creative writing, in fact I'd probably find that more enjoyable than art. It's always been more of my style. Also, I could let people vote for me, but give my prizes away to the person below me (and they give theirs to the person below them if they have any) if I do win.

Slygoxx

My main reason for not participating is lack of inspiration and a lack of time, but mostly inspiration.
I would probably enter a creative story contest, if I have inspiration for the story.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
A few people have mentioned inspiration. Tell me what I can do to help inspire you.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Ok new statement... If anyone has any ideas of what themes they would like to see, please send me a PM. DO NOT POST THEM HERE
This can be for any type of art such as sigs, creative writing, graphics, photography, etc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2676

for me it was awareness....I thought SOTW was closed...didn't even know there was an art competition until yesterday :(