Resolved Art collector

DeletedUser

Greetings all

Have searched but not found so I hope one of you good people can help. I'm not specced for duelling, just a simple adventurer, and having great difficulty beating the art collector. any tips? thanks.:unsure:

DeletedUser

We only can say: keep trying and put on your best dueling cloths. The NPC is the strongest in the entire game :)

DeletedUser22685

Yeah, change your duel settings according to where he hit you and where you didn't hit him and just keep trying.

DeletedUser

Spam or die trying!
Keep ataking him again and again(even with 1 hp, careful where you dodge, or you will lose endlessly) eventualy he wont hit you and you willl win. It's realy effective, I wanted to get the Master on the underworld medal when I dueled him and won by mistake :(. The raid quests are my last chance.

DeletedUser

Spam or die trying!
Keep ataking him again and again(even with 1 hp, careful where you dodge, or you will lose endlessly) eventualy he wont hit you and you willl win. It's realy effective, I wanted to get the Master on the underworld medal when I dueled him and won by mistake :(. The raid quests are my last chance.

Yea, I just did this with the Fugitive in the Escape from Prison quest. Got the first medal, but eventually I beat him before I could get the next one.

DeletedUser

You think you have trouble with NPCs, try having your only dueling points from what you have stacked in mobility.. Works zero % of the time. Lol

DeletedUser

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the art collector is easier than the NPC's for the level 67 quest (Lucas and Scott).
Just pump up your dueling skills with bonuses from clothes and reassign your duel aim and dodge according to the duels lost so far. Appearance, aim and dodging would help you, see what clothes you have and put them on and keep trying.

DeletedUser16806

I've got completely different advice: Stop dueling him.
Seriously, your reward for beating him is minimal, and if you don't beat him then you've always got an easy way of knocking yourself out and warping back across the world to your hometown. Lots of players do this.

DeletedUser11353

Never done the quest line myself but since it's supposed to be done without your weapon, all you need is dodge and appearance. And a bit of aim, of course.

DeletedUser

Seriously, your reward for beating him is minimal, and if you don't beat him then you've always got an easy way of knocking yourself out and warping back across the world to your hometown. Lots of players do this.

Defeat Art collector (Done)

Reward:+ 2000 Experience points

huh?

------
without your weapon?
double huh?

DeletedUser11353

without your weapon?
double huh?
I believe this is addressed to me. I might be wrong, I did say I've never done the quest line myself but iirc, I've read somewhere it has to be done without your weapon.

DeletedUser

yep that's a different quest mate. you definitely need a big gun for this one. i have the precise buntline and it ain't working. at least it's good for medals. so far have earned "no victories without sacrifices" and "I'm used to this"...so i guess "master of the underworld" is next. l:laugh:

DeletedUser

i've been dueling him for 2 days and tried every where but he does not get any damage , is that a bug or it's on me ?

DeletedUser

i've been dueling him for 2 days and tried every where but he does not get any damage , is that a bug or it's on me ?

It's not a bug.

Try to set more skills on aim or appearance. Those two skills improve the chance for hitting him. So, keep trying. I had defeated him after 700 times or something like that :p

Red Falcon

Wha?

The reward for defeating the Art Collector is minimal? How so? I'd say 2000 exp is a great reward for beating someone in a duel, wouldn't you say? Also, the Art Collector is not to hard to defeat. At least he wasn't for me. :D

DeletedUser22685

Try to set more skills on aim or appearance. Those two skills improve the chance for hitting him. So, keep trying. I had defeated him after 700 times or something like that :p

For all NPC duels I'd advise focusing your gear on appearance and dodge, rather than appearance and aiming. It's more important to prevent your opponent from hitting you than to hit him, eventually you'll get lucky and you'd just KO yourself otherwise.

DeletedUser33639

i beat him in my second duel i dodged right for all and was hit only once so was able to beat him :)

Deleted User - 3853873

tw-info says quest exp is 6000 now,so i would think fighting him is worth it.