Arizona Dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

A few weeks ago I looked at the number of players on Arizona and it was in the low 20ks. Today I looked again to see that that number has dropped to under 13k, and at least 2 thousand of those are at level 1 and probably never played after registering. The number of players seems to be in free-fall. Does anyone want to suggest why, or to speculate on how many players it takes to make a world worthwhile?

DeletedUser

hmm. well to be honest two full towns would still make an interesting match. As for the reasoning behind everyone leaving. hmm. I don't know. My guess is that most are having a hard time managing both the west and real life. I know I am having issues right now managing the west and real life. But why do we play this game? the reason why is to escape Real life however sometimes we have an issue with Real life. :( I know it is sad to see people leave this game because you see them as your friends. I am sorry this is not a direct answer to your question. I hope it does help you.

DeletedUser16628

It happens to most every world.I love arizona but prefer w-11-12.Many more challenges when it comes to dueling on 11-12 as well.Markets and sales are about the same as I do keep track to a point.Here's hoping that things pick up again and I believe they will as this game ebbs and flows like the ocean right now it's ebbing after the update hard telling not knowing.

DeletedUser

I've already said in the RPG section.
w13 was killed with four things, and negative effects from those are now showing up.

DeletedUser

This world is going to the dogs and by the way they our dealing with the really old worlds don't expect anything to change.
Once world 15 hits its gonna be even worse so we have that to look forward to aswell :) bye , bye Arizona , Hello Colorado !!!!

DeletedUser25480

iv been logging in to keep my char alive for about 4 months now, Arizona died for me when all these duelers decided buying skills was good, yes it allows them to win but where is the fun and competition once a huge majority of players all do it? i dueled probably about 20 people a day now i duel 5 if im lucky.

Arizona's dead thanks to people who think buying their characters is better than actually training and working on them.

DeletedUser

See,INNO is both helping and ending its worlds because of skill buying and energy refills....
Hopefully w15 will stay alive for a loner period of time.....:)

DeletedUser

iv been logging in to keep my char alive for about 4 months now, Arizona died for me when all these duelers decided buying skills was good, yes it allows them to win but where is the fun and competition once a huge majority of players all do it? i dueled probably about 20 people a day now i duel 5 if im lucky.

Arizona's dead thanks to people who think buying their characters is better than actually training and working on them.

Personally i havent noticed this but I dont duel unless provoked by others and then I wouldn't consider myself a dueler. They would need alot of skill points to really make a difference to win everytime surely ?
But if you think it's a serious problem maybe you should address it if you havent already under the saloon or idea's. Like brought SP/AP can't be added to vigor/toughness/reflex/dodge/aim/tactics/appearance maybe even HP aswell to stop the tank gaints in FF's. :)

DeletedUser

Like brought SP/AP can't be added to vigor/toughness/reflex/dodge/aim/tactics/appearance maybe even HP aswell to stop the tank gaints in FF's. :)

Where will you put your AP than? :laugh:
Vigor, toughness, HP / Strength
Reflex,dodging / Mobility
Aim, shooting / Dexterity
Tactics,appereance / Charisma

DeletedUser

Where will you put your AP than? :laugh:
Vigor, toughness, HP / Strength
Reflex,dodging / Mobility
Aim, shooting / Dexterity
Tactics,appereance / Charisma

Good point Sir I salute you :D REP + 1 and all that jazzz, didn't really give it much thought.

DeletedUser25480

it isnt excessively bad until the higher lvls... iv fought people who have openly admitted to buying upwards of 100SP (think the highest was 300ish SP >.>) now in a duel thats one hell of a problem!

DeletedUser

Yep, some people have spent a lot of money to buy themselves high rankings, but I guess that applies on all the full premium worlds and doesn't explain why Arizona is tanking so badly. Could it be that the fort-fight fraternity has somehow killed this world?

DeletedUser16628

100sp's 300 sp's well they got me beat.I don't think thats what has killed w-13 because it's equal opportunity for all.I do prefer all of the updates except skill buying just so I don't have to hear it all the time.I'll beat you either way on most occasions.Fortfighting for some reason hurt this world for a time and it has not recovered since IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32897

I am not sure about how dueling is going there since I only duel between fort fights. However, in reference to the state of fort battling things do seem to be getting better than they were a few months ago.

Plenty of worlds stick to the basic side a v. b style of battling. This can get pretty boring, especially if one side blatantly has the upper hand, like in w11. One of the fun things about this world is its state of reasonable chaos per alliances.

On the bright side, I do see things chill out as some of the drama subsides a bit. As far as raw amounts of players go, I really don't see this becoming an issue here. As long as the battles keep going and the duels keep challenging, I really don't see the world completely folding.

DeletedUser

Well the skill buying has obviously affected dueling.

It has started to affect Fort Fighting too in a way we call "tanks":(

Skill buying has destroyed every world it's in but as for Arizona,things change,friends become enemies and duelers become critters.;)

The fun thing about Arizona is,it never actually dies...

We think its dead.....A week later *shazam!* World Activity increases a lot in Arizona.Again.

Now at the edge of end,Arizona is one of the best worlds for dueling (Of course behind W12) as here no one is a legend.All are great only for that time when they don't duel but are equal,underdogs in the anxious 10 minutes in Arizona.A person can shoot to fame and be a nobody in a fraction of seconds.;)

Fort fighting here,is a corrupt,mean gamble of Damage and HP.:laugh::hmf:

In fort fighting,everyone isn't always loyal as a dog,in fact they all have snake eyes waiting for the chance to bite..:laugh:

For me,Arizona is one of the most mean,wild and wicked world I've ever played!In W15,who will be reigning the mean Fort Fighting and Dueling worlds without all the mean skill buying?Will it be those of W12,TBP in dueling or The Legion,Mean girls,etc in Fort fighting?:blink:

Well,even if INNO take out premium,i will never delete my character on Arizona!:cool:

Arizona will never die.

DeletedUser

And today, for the first time, the number of players has dipped below 10,000.
That's a loss of about 20% in 3 days! What IS going on?

DeletedUser

I think it´s just the under level 10 inactive players who are getting deleted. :whistle:

If it so, then there´s nothing to worry about. :whistle:
If world activity drops, then we start to worry.

DeletedUser

I hope you're right, but there are still about a thousand level 1 players on the list, which is about the same number as when I first posted.

DeletedUser

The numbers are 10K again. :)

Arizona should be recommended beacuse it´s a full premium world and it´s one of the most active worlds.

DeletedUser16008

Everytime a world gets recommended it jumps in numbers for a while but they dont clear the old cache or show the real figures.... in order to see how many are really on the world you just have to look at rankings ... count only the numbers that are lvl 10 up or so... and thats a closer number in reality, given that 90% of noobs wont even pass lvl 10 before they give up and theres always people quitting..

btw the number is around 7500 have a look in ranking ..

As to whats killing the world ? well id like to bet its forts more than anything else and also the traveling to duel .. sure point buying hasnt helped but its a minor issue

A. Now the only way of fort fighting is to get in team a or b and the one with the most hp tanks win usually. If you dont have 3k hp you cant help in the front line unless an adven and of course no one wants to bother for a waste of time ... drops of boxes favor the tanks etc so the small average player loses out... thats your bread and butter player gone right there

B. Towns wars are out now. Before you could duel at a town now you have to spend hrs running all over ... Ive given up 4 worlds due to that and im probably not the only one... mates and small towns wars would rage on for months before, now they cant be bothered to chase people all over the map... bread and butter players gone again...

Basically the game has stopped a small group or friends getting a town together and having a blast with their neighbor in a war and the forts are dominated by tanks and GG holders leaving the rest to get bored........ the result ? You took away a simple browser game log on and log off and tried to turn it into a full time game .... people didn't sign up for that or wanted it, there are far better games out there doing that inno should have stuck to a simple browser game as it used to be..... alienate and bore the silent majority and that imo = dying worlds.

Oh and one other thing Inno has made it far far to easy to do everything now and all the information you need is there for all to see... its like playing a vid game with all the cheats and secret tips ... you get bored real fast and the attention spans gone.... next game please....

Inno are desperate for cash and all these updates are just intended to milk more nuggets nothing else .... Look at grepopolis and seven lands .... complete pile of trash and all about nuggets ... they dont care about making it long term fun or anything its a business, dont kid yourself its ever been anything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.