April Fools?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3870
  • Start date

DeletedUser3870

Howdy Folks have you seen the new item in shop called "almighty brown tie"?

Sells for 1 bond or $500.00 cash. Awesome deal :) but prolly April fools Prank.

Enjoy a laugh!

Cart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Billy Jack

Dear Inno

I just bought TEN Almighty Brown ties from the shop (for when they become upgradable) with my LAST ten bonds, but it appears to be broken.

I really need the respecks, so I hope this will be fixed asap, hopefully within 24 hours.

Thank You for your attention

Sincerely,

Huge West addict

PS, I hear from beta there will be a quest to use the tie, so should I buy #11?

DeletedUser36979

Kinda disturbing... wondering if Inno cleared it with the uploader, and the owner of the song... Linking as a company without proper autorisations are illegal... :eek:

DeletedUser

The Work Clothes option in broken, it doesn't show my Almighty Brown Tie as the best neckband for any jobs. :)

DeletedUser23252

seeing it's true power makes me want one even more, 430 for each attribute i would be a west god

DeletedUser34084

Kinda disturbing... wondering if Inno cleared it with the uploader, and the owner of the song... Linking as a company without proper autorisations are illegal... :eek:
Uhm. What? Does that mean I can't link anything if I don't have permission to do so?
The Work Clothes option in broken, it doesn't show my Almighty Brown Tie as the best neckband for any jobs. :)

That's a feature :p

asdf124

Uhm. What? Does that mean I can't link anything if I don't have permission to do so?

That's a feature :p

It depends on where you live, so, it doesn't really matter in Germany.

Oh, if a video is set public view, you can share any kind of video other than profanity or another game.(anything that is against the west rules)

DeletedUser36979

It means that a company like InnoGames shouldn't link to youtube videos, or anything else, they don't own or have written permission to link to... :eek: Did Innogames get permission to link to the video? And did they check that the uploader of that video had permission to upload it? If not they broke some copyright laws.

asdf124

It means that a company like InnoGames shouldn't link to youtube videos, or anything else, they don't own or have written permission to link to... :eek: Did Innogames get permission to link to the video? And did they check that the uploader of that video had permission to upload it? If not they broke some copyright laws.

YouTube are the ones responsible for such jurisdiction, so your statement is nullified.

DeletedUser36979

YouTube are the ones responsible for such jurisdiction, so your statement is nullified.

No, since it can be legal on youtube, without the owner giving a company like InnoGames permission to link it. It is called copyright. Go read about it.

Slygoxx

I'd like to see a source for that. Linking to something, even if it is copyrighted content, is definitely not illegal.

asdf124

No, since it can be legal on youtube, without the owner giving a company like InnoGames permission to link it. It is called copyright. Go read about it.

Go read YouTube policies,

You can make YouTube videos private.

If they aren't private, anyone can link the video including innogames(note:private videos can be linked by owner(s) .

DeletedUser3870

Well it didn't take very long for this thread to lose it's way :laugh:

Regardless; I enjoyed the April Fool's item, and hope you all got at least one.

Those secret quests are always fun to unwrap;)

Cart.

DeletedUser36979

I'd like to see a source for that. Linking to something, even if it is copyrighted content, is definitely not illegal.

You think so? So if I upload a video illegally on a site, you consider it legal to link to it? No, it is not, just makes you a distributor of illegal material. So did you have Rick's permission to link to his song? I doubt the uploader did.
What youtube writes is just that they can't be blamed, they just provide the platform, and they do remove illegally uploaded material if requested.

DeletedUser34084

You think so? So if I upload a video illegally on a site, you consider it legal to link to it? No, it is not, just makes you a distributor of illegal material. So did you have Rick's permission to link to his song? I doubt the uploader did.
What youtube writes is just that they can't be blamed, they just provide the platform, and they do remove illegally uploaded material if requested.

Yet, the video has been there for a lot of time and reached millions of views. Why was it not removed yet?

DeletedUser36979

Yet, the video has been there for a lot of time and reached millions of views. Why was it not removed yet?

What does that have to do with the legal issue?
The legal question is: Did InnoGames secure a permission from the owner to link to the video? Just because it is there, doesn't make it legal to link to it. Just like InnoGames doesn't allow us to link to games that they don't own and operate.