Another Suggestion?

Darkuletzz

Yeah, i know this is pretty early, but I think the FF event is a good succes in term on how the things were organised by the event team, props to them for that. The battles are not so good because one team had a better strategy than the other, but mistakes happens sometime.

So my proposal it will be a new speed ff event(but probably not so early, because the event it's not finished yet).

New things:
-level 200
-no sets( or very old sets) , but probably clothes from the shop are better now.
-upgrade posible with no sets/no upgrade with sets
-small forts (3 teams) -medium forts (2 teams)
-Better rewards(but team rewards) 20 random from the winning team receive something , i dont know like a chest from their choice between 2012-2022(depends when the event runs), one gringo item(no guns), a good achievement, a custom avatar(see Mr.a Gambit avatar from colorado), something that people will want to compete for it and for the team. For team 2 and team 3 same things, but worst rewards than team that are winning the tournament.
-put the leaders in the forum like 2 leaders from each team. People can choose their team and what they expect from that type of leader(with sending the ticket) , if the players are sign up more for only one team, the leader will select the players he want to play with (50 or 100, depends, the rest will go to other team/s)/ OR SECOND OPTION/ Leaders choose their players one by one with turns.
-2 consecutive battles, 1 day break, 12 battles for each team -6 def and 6 attacks.
-people that are yellow for 2-3 days(without any announcement they will be away for 2-3 days) can be cutted off from the event and add other people than want to play the event

Last edited:

NikosGr1

I disagree with the increased rewards, as people will join only for them (not Gringo for sure)

The exploit of using strictly solder or dueler classes should be taken away, by either limiting the max number of soldiers/duelers in each town from the start of the event(players will start with specific class according to their selection - voting which will take place before the start of the event) OR by changing the bonuses of each class.

Lvl wouldn't matter as all will be the same lvl

MOST IMPORTANT : LEADERS should be chosen BEFORE the event starts, by posting in the Forum their rules - restrictions - freedom of choice - strategy(general).
Every person who would like to be leader should write in detail everything of the above(not strategy during fort battles ofc) and people may vote who they want leader(only 1 vote per player). The 2 (or 3 or 4, depending how many votes each person collects in order to have a full team) highest in voting persons will be the 2 (or 3 or 4) leaders and the people who voted for them will be their town members. The rest players who voted for other leaders who were not voted as top 2(3/4) , will have to vote again, this time choosing among the voted leaders&teams.

Sequoyah

MOST IMPORTANT : LEADERS should be chosen BEFORE the event starts, by posting in the Forum their rules - restrictions - freedom of choice - strategy(general).
Every person who would like to be leader should write in detail everything of the above(not strategy during fort battles ofc) and people may vote who they want leader(only 1 vote per player). The 2 (or 3 or 4, depending how many votes each person collects in order to have a full team) highest in voting persons will be the 2 (or 3 or 4) leaders and the people who voted for them will be their town members. The rest players who voted for other leaders who were not voted as top 2(3/4) , will have to vote again, this time choosing among the voted leaders&teams.
I don't think that is a good idea as:
1) it is too complex a voting process in my opinion
2) highlighting any of rules, restriction, strategy (even in general) to everyone even the "competition" would defeat the whole point. As per an example, I don't see any sporting team giving their startegy early, or a tennis player explaining to their opposition their strategy to beat hem in the next match

NikosGr1

Just realized that in the Speed Server we don't have Fort Battle today
In fact, since some people may be busy for online participation those hours that the Fort Battles are fixed(~21:00) , I think the following should be more fair for such events:

- 3 Fort Battles every day, starting after the 2nd day of the speed server (so that everyone & forts are prepared) , with a gap of ~4-5 hours between each other , so that everybody can participate

If most people can make clicks for 6+ hours daily, why they can't participate in ~2.5 hours of Fort Battles? :rolleyes:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Just realized that in the Speed Server we don't have Fort Battle today
In fact, since some people may be busy for online participation those hours that the Fort Battles are fixed(~21:00) , I think the following should be more fair for such events:

- 3 Fort Battles every day, starting after the 2nd day of the speed server (so that everyone & forts are prepared) , with a gap of ~4-5 hours between each other , so that everybody can participate

If most people can make clicks for 6+ hours daily, why they can't participate in ~2.5 hours of Fort Battles? :rolleyes:
Generally speaking, events with a Fort Battle focus are targeted at a very different audience (that is there for high quality, team oriented Fort Battles) than the audience for "clicky" speed events (that is there for a myriad of individual contests, which tend to result in low quality Fort Battles). Multiple daily battles on a "clicky" speed event generally translates into particularly low quality Fort Battles.
That being said, there is certainly room for alternative event designs such as a "clicky" speed event where declaring battles is banned, but GM battles start every hour on the hour and a lot of people are going for the sole survivor achievement.
I will pass your suggestion along to the event team and leave it to them to decide if they believe something of this nature would make for a high quality event.

Darkuletzz

3 fort Battles? Wtf for day, this should run something like IFBC, 3ff its for normal speed events, not for a FF Speed events. People sleep/work/ stay with their family, you can not have 3 ff day. No one will be interested in that. Keep it like 1 ff/day at a FF speed event.

NikosGr1

I just saw people with lvl 3++ equipment, which requires A LOT of hours clicking.
So I supposed this time spend on clicking , could be used more creatively in Fort Battles - even with lower level equipment(lvl1 eg)
Furthermore, there could be more than 1 leaders for battles , so that at each Fort Battle there will be a leader online.
This would require more organizing, with excel sheets ( I was leader in GoT WIC and I know how long a good battle plan takes) , but with more persons leading it will be availiable.
Each player who will participate should inform the Leaders BEFORE the battle if they will be online or not, so their position could be placed strategically as well.
If eg 3 Fort Battles would be chosen per day, 2 of them could be in small Forts for hours that there wont be much attendance and the 3rd one could be in Big Fort , in hours that there is higher attendance.
This also would solve the problem of some people staying outside battles due to no space.
So, a person who in our server would wait a whole day and is left out due to no room, if 3 Fort Battles took place he would be able to participate in at least one of them.
This surely would require more organization, more team play , higher attendance , but it would be more fair for everyone and with 1month preparation of the event before it starts , it would be possible as well.

Sequoyah

I just saw people with lvl 3++ equipment, which requires A LOT of hours clicking.
So I supposed this time spend on clicking , could be used more creatively in Fort Battles - even with lower level equipment(lvl1 eg)
In my case, as I am working (and I believe many players are in the same situation), the "clicking" is done around one hour in the morning and 1 hour at lunch time (not long enough for a FF) and around the evening FF. Therefore it would be tricky to fit more than one FFs. It would be interesting to see how many people could actually fit more than 1 FF a day, daily for 10 or 15 days.