Annoying quest tracker scrolling?

Red Falcon

Hello everyone!

I seem to have noticed a problem whenever I make use of the Quest Tracker to quickly locate certain jobs I need to do for quests...Whenever I click on the little watch icon and then click on the map to scroll over to the location of the job, if I had to scroll down to reach the watch thingy to click it before clicking on the job marking on the map, then the Quest Tracker annoyingly scrolls back up to the top so I can't see the next watch thingy under the first one I clicked. Usually, I can't see the one I clicked either.

So onto my question...Is this a glitch? If so, then will it ever be patched/fixed?

DeletedUser14192

Okay here is what I think your question is stating (I didn't quite follow everything and I understood a different question from the one I'm addressing now the first time I read it.)

So when you click the compass (you refer to it as a watch icon but it's a compass) next to a job required for a quest as shown in this pic:

H3A9MbS.png

The map pops up and shows you the locations of that particular job. You then click one of the green hammers indicating the location of the task and when you look back to the quest tracker it's scrolled back up to the top quest causing you to no longer see the compass for the original quest you clicked. Resulting in you having to scroll down in that box again?

If I understood that right I don't think it's a glitch.

The quest tracker box reloads at different times. If your guy makes it to a new location or you complete the requirements for a quest I know it goes back and reloads even if you are on the 'notes' section. This is very annoying when you are a new character and there's so much rapid movement and quest completing. it may be made worse by what browser your using (similar to how Mozilla's Firefox browser zooms you in extremely close to the ground)

So to your question, I do not think this is a glitch really but the only ways I could see to lessen it would be to try a different browser (I use Chrome) or to lessen the amount of quests you have so the box isn't as full?

Let me know if I misunderstood the question.

Red Falcon

You pretty much got your guess correctly on the first try...Although, I never take my eyes off the Tracker, therefore, I am actually able to see it scrolling back up to the top. If it's not a glitch, is there a way to prevent it from 'resetting' or scrolling back to the top? It happens to me almost every time after I've accepted a quest requiring me to complete a job for a certain amount of hours or minutes, even before I have a chance to tell my character to start doing the job!! This makes completing certain daily quests VERY annoying and more annoying than it needs to be. FYI, I am using Opera to play The West, and it works very well for me other than this annoying (And unnecessary) scrolling of the Tracker after clicking on the compass to bring up the minimap to show a list of job locations of the required job. I realize I can simply cancel other quests on it or even increase the size of the Tracker, but each of these has it's drawbacks...For example: Canceling certain 'holiday' quests results in them becoming 'gray' and therefore being unable to complete them at all! And increasing the size of the Tracker may not work or it may make it harder to see (And click on) the job locations required to complete said quests, which will therefore render the Quest Tracker next to useless. Of course, I could avoid using it altogether, but doing so would mean I would have to bring the minimap up on my own and type out the partial name of the job I need to complete...Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser

The quest tracker needs to be that way since it updates itself each 15 seconds.

But... why do you have all 15 quest that you are able to have open on the quest tracker?
If you have quests that you are not doing, use the quest book to remove them from the quest tracker.
If you failed on a weekly quest, remove it from the quest tracker until the week after.

I never have over 6 quests on the quest tracker. The quest tracker is a shortcut to find out what we are doing at any moment... if you have 15 quests there... you can´t do them all at the same time.
So it´s just a matter of shuffling around the ones you are doing and the ones you just don´t bother about.

DeletedUser14192

But... why do you have all 15 quest that you are able to have open on the quest tracker?
If you have quests that you are not doing, use the quest book to remove them from the quest tracker.
If you failed on a weekly quest, remove it from the quest tracker until the week after.

I never have over 6 quests on the quest tracker. The quest tracker is a shortcut to find out what we are doing at any moment... if you have 15 quests there... you can´t do them all at the same time.
So it´s just a matter of shuffling around the ones you are doing and the ones you just don´t bother about.

What I've done the last three days is traveled to the ghost town, accepted all the quests, looked at what's available at the Indian Reservation (sometimes the two have quests that overlap) as well as the daily quests and do a few before heading over to the Indian reservation. It's very helpful especially if you have Automation on and can que up 6 ten minute jobs.

Red Falcon

I don't have 15 quests on the Tracker...

Hello. Just to let you know, I do not have 'all 15 quests' open on the Quest Tracker...I only have a total of 6 or 7 open if I am doing 4 Daily Quests which require me to complete 4 different jobs. When I have completed all those quests, I have only 2 quests open on the Tracker (Unless I am doing a regular quest, in which case I have 3).

DeletedUser

Hello. Just to let you know, I do not have 'all 15 quests' open on the Quest Tracker...I only have a total of 6 or 7 open if I am doing 4 Daily Quests which require me to complete 4 different jobs. When I have completed all those quests, I have only 2 quests open on the Tracker (Unless I am doing a regular quest, in which case I have 3).

So you don´t have any trouble with that...
Choose a job, collapse that quest on the tracker or open the tracker to the 2 size of it. If you press twice on the right lower corner, the tracker will get bigger and get 10 collapsed quests, 5 uncolapsed.

I only have completed 1109 quests and over 4000 dailies... and i never had a problem with the tracker.