Announcement! Texas Revolution has come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The Texas Revolution has drawn to a close as a game mastered event. Congratulations to all who took part in it! As a final event for the revolution Gonzales will call an attack on Wednesday at 22:00. To celebrate there will be prizes for those players who are online for the battle.

There have been great battles here and laughter, plots and plans, schemes and diversions. Though it is time for the npcs to leave, and the towns of Gonzales and La Bahia to end, the battles will continue and the forces will grow here on W4. It has been an honor for us to be here.

Those who reside at Gonzales or La Bahia will need invitations to other towns so leaders of the Texan and Mexican towns might want to consider inviting them. Feel free to use the user lists in the town forums to develop new alliance plans.

The towns Gonzales/La Bahia will be changed back to their original status as regular towns and then will go ghost at the end of the week. Participants in the gm event will receive medals (when they become available).

Participants are those who were in the npc towns and those that were in towns that joined the Texans and Mexicans in the revolution and that also participated in the battles. The cutoff date for being counted a participant was Friday, October 15, 2010. Further details will follow.

DeletedUser

I really don't know the historic events but for this game it would be much more interesting that La Bahia initiates final attack. Mexicans are currently stronger, have greater numbers and are winning.
Judging by my experience, Gonzales attack is one-way ticket to Texan slaughter.

One more thing, i suspect that someone attacking Bexar fort 1h prior to scheduled Texan attack might mess up this event's final battle :D

DeletedUser

big thanks for organising all the fun, you all did a grand job , really helped the world to start spinning again :)

Deleted User - 1278415

I really don't know the historic events but for this game it would be much more interesting that La Bahia initiates final attack. Mexicans are currently stronger, have greater numbers and are winning.
Judging by my experience, Gonzales attack is one-way ticket to Texan slaughter.

One more thing, i suspect that someone attacking Bexar fort 1h prior to scheduled Texan attack might mess up this event's final battle :D

Bexar was the other fort that was being targeted... so if it would have... we would have just gone with that.. :laugh:

DeletedUser21540

Thank you to everyone for the work on this project which revived this world. I am looking forward to the future.

DeletedUser27845

just to understand this.

Will the world be restarted after this or is it just for fun these battles ?

DeletedUser

just to understand this.

Will the world be restarted after this or is it just for fun these battles ?

The world will return to the way it was before the Games Master, so will be the smae as all the others. It will not be reseting.

Deleted User - 1278415

Yes the Texas vs Mexico has been going on since Late June - til today.

The Mexicans won the final Large Fort battle under this campaign. Now the world will be on its own to consider themselves Mexicans and Texans still, but without the NPC/GM's of the game.

The Texans who have had an issue with filling forts to max were able to come thru and bring 137 of the 140 needed people.... with 1 Mexican traitor of course. And the Mexicans brought 120 and probably more to the battle.

I was thankful that there were not any multi battles to take away from the last main battle at 22:00 today.

Thanks to all that showed.

DeletedUser

its all but a trick what a shame the only prize the gms can offer is a brown tie

DeletedUser

Medals
In an upcoming update, I will have the ability to create medals. Participants will be provided medals comparable to their level of participation once this feature has been activated. The list of active participants, as well as their relative degree of participation, has been logged and is on my to-do list pending the update.

Credits
A casting list will include a list of moderators involved (playing the respective NPCs) and a list of active participants.

Other
Not yet determined. The greatest prize has been having the opportunity to work and play alongside moderators and players whilst reinvigorating a world sorely in need of attention. World 4 is now 4+ times more active than it was when we first started the game mastered event.

It was a learning experience for all participants and we're going to take those lessons, apply them for the next event, as well as attempt to utilize the new features since added to the game. Thanks everyone for participating, and for those who found it a fun experience, we'll see you at the next event!

Hellstromm
Community Manager
(aka: J.R. Edmondson - W4 NPC)

DeletedUser

Like? want to share some details ?

well, as Hellstromm mentioned, biggest reward for all players is to make w4 more active and more enjoyable to play for everyone.

but for item specific awards, some players already received elephant gun as reward for helping to lead the revolution.

DeletedUser

well, as Hellstromm mentioned, biggest reward for all players is to make w4 more active and more enjoyable to play for everyone.

but for item specific awards, some players already received elephant gun as reward for helping to lead the revolution.

Only ones with Elephant guns I have seen have been the npcs do you have any names?

Also how cheesy are we going to get here? The biggest reward was that? Thats like those bs movies when in the end they are like well friendship is the greatest treasure.

Deleted User - 1278415

Srecica got an elephant gun, and he isn't a NPC

That would need to be looked into.

The Elephant gun was also a contest prize a long time ago for winning dueler of the month or other contests. But discussing on the forum and calling someone out should be done through the support console... not on the open forum.

Sincerely,
Good Feather
AKA - Jim Bowie w4 NPC

DeletedUser

As you can see in my sig, i'm Srecica :)

And yes, i have it from revolution. From forum contest i only received lucky dice.
Lasarstar also has it cause he was one of PC founders who organized La Bahia recruiting really good (as you can see mexican participation in battles).

We both received it cause we helped running Bahia so good that it wasn't necessary for any mexican NPC to intervene a lot. That made possible for Redmanphill and Diggo to concentrate on other stuff and one of them gave guns to us.
I'm not sure if anyone else received it, maybe Mekolp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

The Elephant gun was also a contest prize a long time ago for winning dueler of the month or other contests. But discussing on the forum and calling someone out should be done through the support console... not on the open forum.

Hm, sorry, I didn't think it was a bad thing. It was more as a congratulations to the man, not calling him out as if he did anything wrong. I don't know what's there to report through support?
He is one of the most active players on W4 - got the dice item as a reward for highest damage received (and not an elephant gun as Dirty rotten Billy suggested), got this gun now, and I say he deserved it all, and more.
Still, if he or anyone else thinks I did him wrong, I apologize.

Best regards,
PPF

Status
Not open for further replies.