Animals from WestWars

DeletedUser

Proposal
I've been playing the Westwars facebook app name Chacho Jones if anyone wants to add me. But there, there is a feature to own a few animals. First there are three classes; horse bird and dog. Now each class has three options Horses you can choose from a donkey horse or quarter horse. Birds are hawk crow or something else and same with dogs three different types. The point is each animal gives the owner different stat boosts. I have a screen shot of the dog that I chose.

Current Animal Class: Horses
Currently we use horses or donkeys to give us travel bonuses. Here is a link to an idea to upgrade our horses.
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=40636&highlight=animal+upgrade
The idea it self isnt bad and would be fun to have.

Details
-Create 2 other Animal Classes
-Give players the ability to level up their Animals
-Use existing items to be use in the leveling up process

New Animal Classes: K9 (dogs) & Birds (Falconry)
The idea for dogs has been suggested. However I do not agree with the type of bonus the poster gives as examples but the images are very good to use as an idea of how they would look.
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=37260&highlight=dogs
I suggest having a good set of choices, in that suggestion they offer 4 types of dogs each with different stats boosts. What I would suggest rather than increasing stats, boost bonuses related to jobs, % of finding items or luck. This would also be the same for Birds.

Leveling Up Animals
All these Animals could be leveled up by feeding them. The higher level the Animal becomes the more feed required to reach the next level. In the WestWars app there are a combination of feed items needed to reach each level. Here in the image you see six different feed items. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6500/westpets.png I suggest the same for this idea. We uses a number of different items to level up our Animals and the higher level they become the more items it takes to reach the next level.

Extra Town Building: Stable
Towns could add a new building the Stable. This building would allow players to change Animals in their inventory giving them a place to leave their horses when required. The larger level stable the more Horses allowed to be stored. This building could also work with other Animals for game play sake. For example lvl 1 stable would give the town 10 Animal slots allowing the town to hold 10 Animals. As the level of the stable increased so would the slots allowed to store players Animals.

Animal Related Quests/Jobs
Some of the current quests and jobs could be tweaked to include the use of the new Animals. The quests and jobs could also require higher level Animals to complete.

Summary
As you can see the point is to increase the level of the animals to give you a larger bonues. You level them up by feeding them the different feed items listed there. You get these items randomly as you do jobs. Making the animals more involved for the real game, maybe using animal quests would be a great deal of fun. From the looks of it you can own one of each animal which is a great because you could always be working to level up not only your self but your animals as well. I do need help suggesting how thw Animals would help the Characters ingame play other than increasing the % of finding items and luck.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

do you have to feed it to keep it alive? or is it just for it to grow (level up)

and does the picture change as it goes up levels (like it gets older or something)

I think it would be cool if the horses gave extra bonuses (other than just to the speed on the map) - like advantage in fort fights... leadership/appearance/tactics maybe? I think it would be unrealistic for horses to be used for duelling

DeletedUser

Yuck. No social networking in this game please. No. We're not on Facebook here.

DeletedUser

Well the idea has nothing to do with social networking lol.

The idea of having animals that help you is already being used with horses as a travel modifier. This idea would only expand on that and offer other animals to own and upgrade.

DeletedUser

Huh? I see up there a pic of some cute puppy - and it's so cute that it's too much for my taste. Instead of adoring it, it makes me wanting to get rid of it.
Classic effect of social networking. Too much is always less. And vice versa. Works with the clothes too.

DeletedUser

I recall a simular idea mentioned awhile back , here is the link http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=37260&highlight=dogs

This was quite awhile ago and still nothing mentioned on road map abou it so im guessing it was forgotten or not wanted. Though if a simular idea has been added to face west game then I can't see why it wont in time come on here. After all you had pants before we did here, maybe it's something coming in the near future.

Deleted User - 1278415

It is an interesting concept to have a companion animal that you could level up and it has nothing to do with the social interaction or keeping it fed.

You choose 1 of 3 animals (Birds, Dogs, Horses) there are 3 images of each animal. cute, normal, ferocious. Which is similar to our player characters of 4 pics of 1 worker or 4 pics of a dueler. It has no effect on the actual character.

To level the side character you have to find items to feed it to increase its level. If you decide not to level the animal then it stays at level 1 and you get the bonuses it provides, you can change it how you see fit. So if you need the dog bonus then you take the dog with you to a job, or if you need the horse bonus you take the horse instead... but you can only have 1 animal equipped for the job your doing.

It is an interesting concept and if they had it here Im sure everyone would use it as they have enjoyed pants and belts they would enjoy a 2nd leveling animal as well.

after the edges gets smoothed up I'd probably vote yes on this.

DeletedUser

Joxer is right, you should defiantly change the pic to something less cute.

DeletedUser22575

How about just doing things the old fashion way and leveling up the characters we are playing instead of trying to gain stat gains from pets, etc.

I don't see where this adds anything to the game at all.

No to this.

DeletedUser

This adds a second element to the game. Not only are you building your character but your also building your animal as well. Increasing the users activity time strategy and personal customization of ones account. Every western I have seen there is always a cowboy using a dog or hawks to hunt or something. They could increase luck or be used for a huge array of different things. I like it because we gain a lot of items we dont always need rather than selling them we could use them for animals.

DeletedUser25632

johnwyane, this is only an informative notice. Please read the sticky threads before posting here. Ideas should use the idea form, be well thought out and balanced as well as contributing substantially to the game in comparison the coding effort required. Your idea fails to meet these standards, so please be sure to read the sticky threads and adjust your idea accordingly.

Thanks,
JonOfTheWest

Deleted User - 1278415

TJ would you be happier if the animal helped you in duels? or had cannon saddle bags for fort battles?

I don't see how we can assist your eye sight any more, other than formatting this in the correct idea format as JOTW pointed out above, or change the pic to show a west skill like reflex and hiding or vigor and shooting or other skills.

DeletedUser22575

TJ would you be happier if the animal helped you in duels? or had cannon saddle bags for fort battles?

I don't see how we can assist your eye sight any more, other than formatting this in the correct idea format as JOTW pointed out above, or change the pic to show a west skill like reflex and hiding or vigor and shooting or other skills.

Good Feather I thought my post was pretty clear.

I think this is a game of developing your character through leveling up, not through gaining stats from some secondary pet or animal.

No where did I indicate in any way I thought it would be fine for any build.

DeletedUser

I kind of had a-not-so-similiar idea http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=43317

except it was animal spirits - the spirit of the animal would be part of the Indian's set though (and there would be more than one... collectable)
...but they wouldn't be able to level up

I like this idea (from this thread) because it gives more to the products from jobs

DeletedUser

-make the animals look real.
-organize the idea like it says click to view
-to make it clear it will not be same as facebook, it is just an example​
-provide more images of dogs.​
then i might be with it, depends of who it will work out with the food-care-feed, how much will be the bonus.

Deleted User - 1278415

We aren't on Facebook, West Wars is a social game.

Well I guess we should remove belts and pants then since westwars had the identical belts/pants that 1.30 just brought, because it came from a social game.:rolleyes:

You know this idea isnt asking for the social concept from facebook. It is saying lets expand the game and give players something to level up besides themselves as that gets pretty old after probably lv 82 or was it 83... yea definitly lv82 but I was maybe a day away from lv83.

I dont see any harm in discussing the concept and granted people are going to dislike and some may find it new and yes the pic of the dog is too cute.

DeletedUser22575

Well I guess we should remove belts and pants then since westwars had the identical belts/pants that 1.30 just brought, because it came from a social game.:rolleyes:

You know this idea isnt asking for the social concept from facebook. It is saying lets expand the game and give players something to level up besides themselves as that gets pretty old after probably lv 82 or was it 83... yea definitly lv82 but I was maybe a day away from lv83.

I dont see any harm in discussing the concept and granted people are going to dislike and some may find it new and yes the pic of the dog is too cute.

There is nothing wrong with discussing new concepts to make the game better.

Be nice if it was for The West though, and not The Beastmaster.