Animals from WestWars

DeletedUser

Updated the OP and lol @ beastmaster lol.

We already use an animal to help us in The West its the horse. Why not expand this idea and add dog and hawks. Its a very realistic addition as a lot of western types had dogs and hawks. They could also be functionality realistic to be used in some quests or jobs. Btw I adjusted the idea to make it clear that the animals would not boost your character stats if that was your issue with the idea?

DeletedUser22575

I have no objections to them doing things like bonus's for jobs, etc.

Stats were the main objection yes.

But I really don't think you found many hawks, etc, in the west being used for anything. :laugh:

DeletedUser24810

Proposal
I've been playing the Westwars facebook app name Chacho Jones if anyone wants to add me. But there, there is a feature to own a few animals. First there are three classes; horse bird and dog. Now each class has three options Horses you can choose from a donkey horse or quarter horse. Birds are hawk crow or something else and same with dogs three different types. The point is each animal gives the owner different stat boosts. I have a screen shot of the dog that I chose.

Current Animal Class: Horses
Currently we use horses or donkeys to give us travel bonuses. Here is a link to an idea to upgrade our horses.
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=40636&highlight=animal+upgrade
The idea it self isnt bad and would be fun to have.

Details
-Create 2 other Animal Classes
-Give players the ability to level up their Animals
-Use existing items to be use in the leveling up process

New Animal Classes: K9 (dogs) & Birds (Falconry)
The idea for dogs has been suggested. However I do not agree with the type of bonus the poster gives as examples but the images are very good to use as an idea of how they would look.
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=37260&highlight=dogs
I suggest having a good set of choices, in that suggestion they offer 4 types of dogs each with different stats boosts. What I would suggest rather than increasing stats, boost bonuses related to jobs, % of finding items or luck. This would also be the same for Birds.

Leveling Up Animals
All these Animals could be leveled up by feeding them. The higher level the Animal becomes the more feed required to reach the next level. In the WestWars app there are a combination of feed items needed to reach each level. Here in the image you see six different feed items. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6500/westpets.png I suggest the same for this idea. We uses a number of different items to level up our Animals and the higher level they become the more items it takes to reach the next level.

Extra Town Building: Stable
Towns could add a new building the Stable. This building would allow players to change Animals in their inventory giving them a place to leave their horses when required. The larger level stable the more Horses allowed to be stored. This building could also work with other Animals for game play sake. For example lvl 1 stable would give the town 10 Animal slots allowing the town to hold 10 Animals. As the level of the stable increased so would the slots allowed to store players Animals.

Animal Related Quests/Jobs
Some of the current quests and jobs could be tweaked to include the use of the new Animals. The quests and jobs could also require higher level Animals to complete.

Summary
As you can see the point is to increase the level of the animals to give you a larger bonues. You level them up by feeding them the different feed items listed there. You get these items randomly as you do jobs. Making the animals more involved for the real game, maybe using animal quests would be a great deal of fun. From the looks of it you can own one of each animal which is a great because you could always be working to level up not only your self but your animals as well. I do need help suggesting how thw Animals would help the Characters ingame play other than increasing the % of finding items and luck.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No
if like tat i got to sell my pet.