Submitted Animal upgrades

• Thread starter Dirty rotten Billy
  • Start date

Shall mounted horses be upgradeable?

• Yes, I got the need, the need for speed.

Votes: 117 90.0%
  • No, doesn't need it.

Votes: 13 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Purposal Idea :

Animal upgrades
upgrading the speed of your animal with products you can find.

Current Workaround
At the moment the only way to get more out of your donkey/pony/horse is to upgrade to a bigger and faster beast, with the exception of Mexican/Indian set's.

Details
So if you collect four horseshoes you can then drag them to your horse, (any horse, I am just using quarter horse for an example) X4 Horseshoes will increase the horse's your ridding +12% SPEED, you will also be able to add a saddle if you find one which when added to an animal will give you +13% SPEED bonus added to the overall speed of your animal. So a total of +25%. Once the products have been added they can't be removed and the value of the animal will not increase.

Abuse Prevention
As it currently stands as far as I can see this idea can not be abused it will be up to a player to do the jobs shoeing horses to get the horseshoes (22% find) and breaking in horses/stealing for the saddle (5%/13% find).
So effort will have to be put in to find these products.

Visual Aids
horseupgrade.jpg

EXTENDED/ADVANCE VERSION :

To have a blacksmith, like the store/merchant, you see the blacksmith and he fits for you the horseshoes and saddle for a price, though you will need the products nails to get the horseshoes fitted and lasso's for the saddle. Depending on how many lasso's/nails and cash. For longer duration of the extra speed you need to have more products and cash.
Examples : x8 nails, x4 horseshoes, 200$ = 10 days (duration of bonus) , x16 nails, x4 horseshoes, 300$ = 25 days (duration of bonus) x32 nails, x4 horseshoes, 500$ = 60days (duration of bonus)
x1 lasso, x1 saddle, 200$ = 10 days (DB) , X3 lasso, x1 saddle, 300$ = 25 days (DB) , x5 lasso, x1 saddle, 500$ = 60 days.
Visual :

animalupgrade3.jpg

animalupgrades2.jpg

Summary
I reckon this idea would make to a nice extra, I can't really see Innogames benefiting, though I think players will really like this idea.

Administration
(space)
(Well that's it, thought of this after reading http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=40364 so thanks for the idea, lets hope one gets approved :))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25632

I actually like this kind of idea. Would be interesting to see how this would work out.

DeletedUser26406

Idea

This is a very good idea!
I think it should be put in to the game!:)

DeletedUser

But if somebody has premium luck it would take seconds to get those items, So i think it should be lowered percentage, but then that would interfere with quests ect. I wont vote yet tho.

:mexican:

DeletedUser

Yes, but that's one more reason for players to get $ premium.
Besides, the advantage is only temporary, you'd get those items a day or two later.

Idea is great, 5 stars.

DeletedUser

As it currently stands as far as I can see this idea can not be abused (though I have heard of a market coming soon) it will be up to a player to do the jobs shoeing horses to get the horseshoes (22% find)and breaking in horses/stealing for the saddle (5%/13% find).
So effort will have to be put in to find these products.

you can not trade products.(beta)
-----------
the idea looks good and good for speed. i would like to see it get approved and in game.

DeletedUser

I like it,though I dont play anymore.But it would be a good upgrade for The West.

DeletedUser

it`s a great idea,but the upgrades should be more diversified and can be bought in the general store.also, i think horses should be a fight bounty 4 the winner,however,their cost has to be decreased accordingly.

DeletedUser

I like it. This would make it better for the people who don't have the Mexicans/Indians set and don't use premium.

DeletedUser

Nice idea. It would be nice to have boost for 2 or 3 days. Very good thinking point.

Deleted User - 1278415

do you think the idea is ready for a vote?

Is the main topic clear enough for someone to fully understand the idea before it goes to a vote. I dont want to have to explain the simplicity of the idea when it goes to the development discussion area.

Let me know when your ready and I'll get the 2 week poll on it.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Well I don't know as the old blacksmith idea says passed on the 10-05-2010, 09:08 AM
If so is there any point of pushing this post in the Developers faces ?
Maybe they our already on the ball, who knows, as their wasn't a great deal of interest and the blacksmith idea has been passed (I never even heard of the idea until now) might aswell bury this idea :) im statisfied, thanks all, lets see what the Devolopers come up with over the coming months.

Deleted User - 1278415

Im working on a list of major ideas to resubmit and try to get some comments on so I'll be sure to add your screenshots to that idea and get them merged somehow.

If you want I'll let you take what you like from that idea and incorprate them here and that will save me some time this weekend when I'm organizing things.

DeletedUser

Im working on a list of major ideas to resubmit and try to get some comments on so I'll be sure to add your screenshots to that idea and get them merged somehow.

If you want I'll let you take what you like from that idea and incorprate them here and that will save me some time this weekend when I'm organizing things.

I've added to the idea with an extended version, not sure if it's clear as im not the best spokeman in the world :D, I didnt add the old blacksmith idea as I think this will be more reasonible and alot easier to add. Though no reason they couldnt add to the options of the blacksmith increasing players weapons.

Deleted User - 1278415

Yea I kinda like it better. If it could be done.. then that is bringing crafting to the game like many of the other games have.

DeletedUser

I love this extended version. It can be done definetly, if not as crafting business in a building, then as series of quests with medals that show if you upgraded.
When a poll comes, I'll definetly say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.