Submitted Animal upgrades

• Thread starter Dirty rotten Billy
  • Start date

Shall mounted horses be upgradeable?

• Yes, I got the need, the need for speed.

Votes: 117 90.0%
  • No, doesn't need it.

Votes: 13 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Thanks, for the support on this idea :), lets see how far this idea rides :laugh::laugh::laugh: (excuse the pun).

Deleted User - 1278415

Alright well we can see where it goes.

Moving to Development Discussion area.
Adding a poll for 2 weeks.
No further changes to the idea are allowed for the 14 days the poll is active.
Poll will be a Yes No question and must receive 80% to be considered for sending to the Developers.

DeletedUser

I generally like it.
Only part I don't like is the blacksmith only gives a TEMPORARY speed increase.
So far any improvement is impermanent and I think that should be continued [players change skill sets which could preclude them from keeping on doing the jobs required].

The speed bonus should be permanent, maybe make it like 10% improvement with a cap of 100% bonus per animal [blacksmith requirements times 10 times]. Bonus is limited to whatever animal is equipped at blacksmith, ie if you have two quarter horses, bonus only applies to whichever one you are using. Maybe make the bonus stay with the animal if it is sold [give people a reason to buy animals at the market].

DeletedUser

Current Workaround
At the moment the only way to get more out of your donkey/pony/horse is to upgrade to a bigger and faster beast, with the exception of Mexican/Indian set's. :))

I am not sayin' I like the idea or dislike it. I am sayin' I believe the way to increase the speed of any given animal (according to the rules) is to increase your horseback skills (the horseshoe icon in your skills menu). Though I must admit it seems pretty pathetic when you wear all your best horseback gear and it only gets you there 10 minutes quicker. I never bother with it anymore and just wear the indian set. Good luck with your idea though! Cheers!

"I got a fuel injected, electronic ingnition burro with a lift kit, glass packs, entertainment lights and a mariachi band. That's all the speed I need!"

DeletedUser

I generally like it.
The speed bonus should be permanent, maybe make it like 10% improvement with a cap of 100% bonus per animal [blacksmith requirements times 10 times]. Bonus is limited to whatever animal is equipped at blacksmith, ie if you have two quarter horses, bonus only applies to whichever one you are using. Maybe make the bonus stay with the animal if it is sold [give people a reason to buy animals at the market].

Now this is an addition to the original idea I like! It would certainly spice up the horse market.

DeletedUser

I am not sayin' I like the idea or dislike it. I am sayin' I believe the way to increase the speed of any given animal (according to the rules) is to increase your horseback skills (the horseshoe icon in your skills menu). Though I must admit it seems pretty pathetic when you wear all your best horseback gear and it only gets you there 10 minutes quicker. I never bother with it anymore and just wear the indian set. Good luck with your idea though! Cheers!

"I got a fuel injected, electronic ingnition burro with a lift kit, glass packs, entertainment lights and a mariachi band. That's all the speed I need!"

True did miss out the skill horseback ridding , thanks for pointing that out. :)

Deleted User - 1278415

Got some feedback on this idea

According to zet, he'd absolutely love something like that ;)
No promises if it will get implemented or when, but it is something they would care to explore down the road.

So good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.