Resolved "And I Could Walk 500 Miles, ..." (Bronze) - Travel 333 miles on foot.

DeletedUser

i have walked for 1411 and still havent gotten my medal is there more to walk for.:hmf:

DeletedUser

that's not 1411 miles, it's just 1411 units. I think there are 25 units per mile.

DeletedUser

Nope, it's not based on miles or the "% speed", or the distance between coordinates, i.e. √[(x2 - x1)² + (y2 - y1)²]. I didn't try very hard to find where the actual number comes from, but judging from fort battles, the devs have never heard of Pythagoras.

DeletedUser

In your profile it shows your actual Speed (in mph = miles per hour).
Find a town located at 1 hour distance. It will be at the distance (in miles) given by your actual Speed.
That should allow you to better evaluate distances.
Perhaps you are doing to much maths...
I usually just play the game as it is. :)

DeletedUser

Try this:
Speed (as ability) is 100% (or the basic speed of your world) when you have no Horse and no equipment. On some worlds, there is an increased Speed (as basic ability for walking).
So, first find out your basic world Speed when you have nothing equipped (the TW PRO script might be useful).
Then, if you add a Horse, the equipped equipment with Horseback riding points will add those points to your basic world speed(i.e. +1 Horseback riding should be +1% Speed, i.e. you have 101% Speed for 100% basic speed).
Then, the procents given by a Horse and (eventually) a Speed set (like Mexican or Indian, but only with a Horse!) will multiply your Speed accordingly (i.e. for 100% basic Speed - as 1 - and +25% set speed - as 1.25 - would give you 1 x 1.25 = 125% of basic speed).
But for walking, all you use is the basic Speed. Walking means traveling with no horse, so the Horseback riding points do not count while Walking!
If you used a horse to travel, the distance traveled by horse does not count as walking!
So, that medal is intended only for how long you travel with NO HORSE equipped!
There is also another medal for traveling with Mule equipped!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

great idea: walk (! = with no horse) until you get the medal for just Walking, if you want it!
I find it again that you are misinformed and spreading your knowledge.
You can schedule the walk with whatever horse you want, as long as at destination you have no animal on for the walking medal, the donkey for the donkey medal and the quarter horse for the quarter medal. There are 3 in this set and they are all posted in the Medal Guide sticky thread right in this section.
What counts is what you have at DESTINATION. So to speed up the walking medal process, schedule any walking you do with your best horse, then just unequip it.

DeletedUser

I find it again that you are misinformed and spreading your knowledge.
You can schedule the walk with whatever horse you want, as long as at destination you have no animal on for the walking medal, the donkey for the donkey medal and the quarter horse for the quarter medal. There are 3 in this set and they are all posted in the Medal Guide sticky thread right in this section.
What counts is what you have at DESTINATION. So to speed up the walking medal process, schedule any walking you do with your best horse, then just unequip it.

Thank you for helping me to learn more!
That is really a trick I did not suspect!
Much oblidged, man!