American solders in Iraq and Afghansthan

DeletedUser

Should american forces pull out of Iraq and Afghansthan?

You are now free to debate

DeletedUser

And what exactly is it that leads you to Not support the war?

DeletedUser

I don't believe in fighting an endless war. You can't fight hate with fire.

DeletedUser

Because Thomas Jefferson had American, British, and French troops sent there 200 years ago with no real victory. The same is happening now. Soon it will be a third country, then a fourth, then........The more fathers, brothers, sons, and husbands that die by American guns only boosts the number of those willing to kill Americans.

DeletedUser

Yet you belive our solders to not have a reason to kill with our " American Guns ".

DeletedUser

What alex? If you're going to debate in a the adult forums, you need to speak coherent English.

The reason I don't support the war is because there's really no reason for us to be fighting it. It's a war for greed and oil and nothing but. Obama knows this and he's setting up to take troops out of the area. I'm being very vague because you haven't posted anything.

DeletedUser

I never said there wasn't a reason for the war (how did you get that crazy idea?) only that America has no idea how to win it. We are still fighting with typical European warfare tactics; capture territory. Bin Laden and the Taliban are more than willing to give up territory, and engage in guerilla warfare tactics that lead to nothing but many American soldiers dyeing. It’s a tactic that America has never learned to counter.

DeletedUser

Iraq was only invaded because a) it had better targets for bombing than Afghanistan and b) it was a war we could win. Afghanistan was a much more complicated situation with more difficult objectives and the primary motivation of catching bin Laden was far from guaranteed, especially considering the fact that he was probably in Pakistan all along.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I think they could be doing a better job of it (I'm talking about how American troops operate compared to troops from other countries in the area). As to pulling out, it seems pointless to go in wreck the place and withdraw, but I think withdrawing would be the best thing to do realistically.

There's been some positives, the country should be stabilized but you can't do that if you're only willing to think with guns.

I really don't like the order of priorities, maybe that's Cheney's fault and the period of very bad government you've had previously. I think if someone thinks it all over you could spend your money better and improve things in general.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I really don't like the order of priorities, maybe that's Cheney's fault and the period of very bad government you've had previously. I think if someone thinks it all over you could spend your money better and improve things in general.

Iraq was Rumsfeld's idea.

DeletedUser

you must spread some reputaition before giving it to nashy19 again.

That was an awsome post nashy, very intelegent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What alex? If you're going to debate in a the adult forums, you need to speak coherent English.

The reason I don't support the war is because there's really no reason for us to be fighting it. It's a war for greed and oil and nothing but. Obama knows this and he's setting up to take troops out of the area. I'm being very vague because you haven't posted anything.

Obama has actually lengthened the war and has said he will keep 50k soldiers there after the war is considered complete. The Bush administration had already negotiated a withdrawal date with Iraq and was going to leave in the range of 20-30k american soldiers there.

As far as this being a war for oil, could you please show your ignorance a little more.

DeletedUser

Do you not understand what Obama did today? He is going to win the muslims over. You don't think that is a step in the right direction?

DeletedUser

Another president giving a speech about muslims is going to win over muslims? Its just a speech. Winning over the muslims of the middle east is going to take much more than a speech.

DeletedUser

it's gotta start somewhere and he is certainly making more of an effort than any other pres

DeletedUser

Clinton had a peace agreement almost in place and the Palestinian people shot that down. There have been multiple times when a peace treaty was available only to have the muslim community use it as an opportunity to build up arms and attack Isreal again.

Btw, since Obama has lengthened the war in Iraq and is going to leave 50k US troops there, that will have a much more negative view to the muslims than his speech will have a positive view to them.

Not saying Isreal is in the right, as its both sides contributing to the problem but a speech is something they/we have all heard before. If he produces actions towards resolving this conflict, then your above statement about "Do you not understand what Obama did today" will have weight. Until then, its a politician giving a speech promising the moon. Thats happened way to much to call progress.

DeletedUser3717

Didn't us British start going into Afghanistan and Iraq first?

I can't remember because the god damn war has been going on for a life time..

DeletedUser

Didn't us British start going into Afghanistan and Iraq first?

I can't remember because the god damn war has been going on for a life time..

Jordon, i think you're right, because in videos from british solders, when you compare the videos, to those of american solders, fighting along side afghansthan solders, brits seem to have a better relaition ship with the solders then the americans, then again, you guys could simply be treating them better, I ain't sure, i'll get back to that some other time