American Date Format

DeletedUser

FTR...

Logic has nothing to do with it. The date formats just come from the way people talk. In the US it's generally August 21st, 2012, not the 21st of August, 2012. The 4th of July is an exception. Apparently most Canadian newspapers also use the Middle Endian format...and so does Belize!

DeletedUser

yes, but the americans are still wrong
NXgBw.gif

DeletedUser

And so are the Chinese? What about the US military who also uses the big endian format? Are you going to say the American military is more right than the average American citizen?

DeletedUser618

Can we now discuss calendar formats? Does the week start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

DeletedUser28032

Monday if you go by the Bible, Thursday if you go by the company I work for

DeletedUser28032

did you hear that from the internet?

Of course I did heres the original quote I sourced it from

The week starts on a monday
-Isaac Newton

most job work weeks start on a Monday.

yes Technically we start work on a monday however our timesheets run from thursday to thursday making thursday the beginning of the week...its a strange system

DeletedUser28032

maybe...or perhaps I just made the quote up myself in order to take the Mick?

DeletedUser618

You don't see many calendars printed with Thursday as the start for the week. I like a calendar with Monday as the start and the weekend at the end of the week. But most calendars seem to be a Sunday-Saturday week.

DeletedUser28032

no it was only the timesheets that ran thurs - thurs everything else was mon - fri like normal

DeletedUser

Can we now discuss calendar formats? Does the week start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday?
As far as I know, in US, week starts on Sunday. From employer's point of view, it starts on Monday. Europeans consider Monday the first day of the week. However, I might be wrong.