RP Discussion American Civil War

DeletedUser

No, I'm not talking about the one from 1861 to 1865. This one is either in the present or a few years in the future. The idea is that, for whatever reason, America has split into two warring factions. Of course, this idea is still in the early development stage, that's why I'm writing about it as I go along. My main fear, besides the "war fatigue" that some of our RPists seem to by stricken by, is that this RP will be too hard to prevent from getting political, especially among our American RPists. Well, what do you guys think?

DeletedUser

6a00e398b4bf47000100e398b5fcf60003-500pi

Why so much war? Can't we have an RP with peace and love?

DeletedUser

That's exactly what I was talking about. Problem is, everybody going around peacefully loving each other doesn't make a lot of good stories.

Onceupon a time, there was this dog...

His name was joking joe, and he went around making people laugh at all of his funny jokes.

One day, a big spaceship from outerspace came down and landed right infront of him, and a big green alien jumped out and started eating people.

What did our so-called hero do, you ask? He cried like a little baby, "Wahh wahh wahh" and all of his friends laughed at him.

The end... that's all folks.

DeletedUser

Onceupon a time, there was this dog...

His name was joking joe, and he went around making people laugh at all of his funny jokes.

One day, a big spaceship from outerspace came down and landed right infront of him, and a big green alien jumped out and started eating people.

What did our so-called hero do, you ask? He cried like a little baby, "Wahh wahh wahh" and all of his friends laughed at him.

See what I mean? It's hard to make a good story all peaceful and hippie-like.

Once upon a time, there was a land where everybody was a hippie. This land was called California.

All the fun stuff was illegal there, guns, fireworks, gambling, peanut butter, and all that other stuff that makes the nanny state sick.

One day, all the hippies smoked so much marijuana that they all got lung cancer and died.

And that, children, is why you rarely, if ever, see a hippie older than 35.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

See what I mean? It's hard to make a good story all peaceful and hippie-like.

Once upon a time, there was a land where everybody was a hippie. This land was called California.

All the fun stuff was illegal there, guns, fireworks, gambling, peanut butter, and all that other stuff that makes the nanny state sick.

One day, all the hippies smoked so much marijuana that they all got lung cancer and died.

And that, children, is why you rarely, if ever, see a hippie older than 35.

I was using a fallout 3 story... lol...

Deleted User - 819397

What you guys need to consider here is that just because an RP isn't a wartime RP doesn't mean there isn't any violence. Look at Celxius' old thread the Nilikan Crests. That was more of a treasure hunting RP and yet half the people fought in there. For a non-war RP that is going to be a ton of fun, Yogitchalondu's Sandbox is a good choice...he and I (we know each other irl) and another did this kind of thing for years...it's really an enjoyable experience :)

DeletedUser

Do one how its 1976 and hippiness is at it peak with the peace beads and stuff

DeletedUser

The Hippilites

Story :

The year is 2070, the world is at war against an escaped force of super animals, one man Maximus Hippius (pictured below) Has just discovered a time machine... he plans to travel back in time to ancient Greece and stop their war like ways....
christian-hippy.jpg

The Year is 130 BC (roughly)
A philosopher claiming to have came from the future has changed the Greek Army and King (seen below) into Hippies....
image002.jpg

The Romans come and kill them all "The End"... see you cannot change the past...

Sorry for being off topic :huh:

DeletedUser

This thread is more about hippies than civil war RPs. Could we get back on topic?

DeletedUser

Well Kill I know what the war should be about.

Democrats V.S Republicans

Honestly, I prefer Violence RP's than Peacetime RP's.Really, War RP's are alot more exciting and fun.

DeletedUser

Alright, let's say that there's a cute little town in a valley filled with happy people in Kansas. Then, two forces ride up, Jayhawkers and Border Ruffians who fight for the minds of the people. Or at least what's left of the population after the shooting ends. It's kinda pre-civil war though...

DeletedUser

Alright, let's say that there's a cute little town in a valley filled with happy people in Kansas. Then, two forces ride up, Jayhawkers and Border Ruffians who fight for the minds of the people. Or at least what's left of the population after the shooting ends. It's kinda pre-civil war though...
What I had in mind was a full-scale war. In fact, an idea of mine was for it to be sort of a sequel to "The Apocalypse is Upon Us".

Well Kill I know what the war should be about.

Democrats V.S Republicans

Honestly, I prefer Violence RP's than Peacetime RP's.Really, War RP's are alot more exciting and fun.
In a perfect world, we could do that, but I don't think Lord Regal would be cool with us getting political. That was my main for for this, that it would be too hard to keep from getting political.

I'm with you on violence. That's (one of the many reasons) why I'm not a hippie. Peace sucks!

Deleted User - 819397

In a perfect world, we could do that, but I don't think Lord Regal would be cool with us getting political. That was my main for for this, that it would be too hard to keep from getting political.

I would prefer we not go down that road since it would be difficult not to flame one of the parties, which could easily insult someone.

DeletedUser

Hm, very difficult, I'll put out the ones I think might go there well.

Northern USA(USA/Canada) V.S Mexico/South American(Brasil,Argentina,Colombia ect.)

USA(Just) V.S Mexico(Just)

Canada V.S USA

East USA V.S West USA

Any more ideas?'cause I'm out of them!

DeletedUser

This is a delicate thread because of politics but something that might work is the reason for the Civil War is half of the country over threw the gov't because they no longer believe in it and it could be mandatory to be on the side with no politics to avoid talking about them too much