RP Discussion American Civil War

DeletedUser

Don't you mean the mountains in northern california? Most of East Cali is desert.

DeletedUser

Well, that would mean that California is only 50% useful to each side and one side still has Texas. Time to insert, a latino indepedence movement! Then it could be even.

DeletedUser

Don't you mean the mountains in northern california? Most of East Cali is desert.
Well, if you've ever been there, you probably know more about the geography than I do.

Geographically, California is only 50-50. Most of the population and industry are along the coast. As for a latino separatist movement, like La Raza, that would indeed make things interesting, but that would be even harder to keep from getting political. Why? La Raza is essentially the latino version of the KKK. Try getting the KKK involved without politics.

DeletedUser

Oh, darn. so we still have a half and half California, and a Texas. HOwever maybe we're deluding ourselves. Texas isn't that powerful... Right?

DeletedUser

Jeez, if we didn't have to worry about politics, we'd have the map drawn up and then some by now. Well, this doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere, so maybe we should focus on something else, like the cause of the war. My idea was for it to be a sort of sequel to "The Apocalypse", but since that's not entirely dead yet, it's probably too early.

DeletedUser

Well, how about we have zombies like in the book World War Z. Which deals with the subject quite seriously. Except this would be the period after the zombies were defeated and various warlords were being found as the U.S. Army headed east from their rockies fortifications... Maybe a little too far though. Maybe...

DeletedUser

I think this forum can only take one or two more zombie RPs before somebody goes insane, and I already have an idea for one.

DeletedUser

Well, note the zombies are Romeroesque types, they are only as strong as their live selves. And a head shot kills them. In other words since this is after the largest of the hordes have been slaughtered the FOCUS should be on the warlords who've fractured the country after the U.S. Army "Abandoned" them.

DeletedUser

Texas is very powerful. They aren't called the Lone Star State for nothing.

1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 90% of the gasoline in the United States.
3. Defense Industry–we have over 65% of it. The term “Don’t mess with TEXAS ,” will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil – we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don’t know. Why not ask Obama?
5. Natural Gas – again, we have all we need and it’s too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and AlGore will just have to figure out a way to keep them warm.
6. Computer Industry – we lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications equipment – small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Nortel, Alcatel, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care – We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers.
8. We have enough colleges to keep educating and making smarter citizens: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma State University, UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, LSU, Louisiana Tech University, University of Arkansas, Arkansas State University , Baylor, Rice, TCU, SMU and MANY more.
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force and it isn’t restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas, we are a Right-to-Work State and, therefore, it’s every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don’t like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don’t have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six guns and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and let’s not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. We don’t need any food from somewhere else.
There isn’t a thing out there that we need and don’t have.
Now to the rest of you folks in the United States under President Obama:
Since you won’t have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won’t have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won’t have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Al Gore has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
In other words, the rest of ya’ll in the USA are up a creek!
Signed, The People of Texas

DeletedUser

Gaugh! Why don't we throw in some made up latino independance movement! Gauggh! Otherwise make it look like at least one of the states on the other team is compareable, to Texas!

DeletedUser

sorry to but in on your guys chat here but i started going through your posts in this section and was getting interested in it and was just reading through this and couldn't help stating i agree totally with Justin on the Texas comment - Texas is 99% self-independent and what they don't have themselves they get fairly easily. i know for a fact that ARK. rely on Texas to survive. Texas could literally separate from the U.S. and continue to strive and survive almost any conflict cause no mater what ARK. and LA. would go with them.what about Ft. Hood Justin?
the difficulty is is on this subject there is no way you can do it with out getting political but is it not possibly to put a disclaimer or something to that extent to warn others so they cant get upset about it cause no mater what different attitudes and personalities will cause a conflict at some point but if the "enter at their own risk" there is no need to really worry long as your not down right bashing on propose
sorry for butting in - just sometimes my big mouth just opens and i cant stop it --- p.s. I'm pretty interested in this rpg deal and if anyone could message me with some info on how it works cause i think it sounds cool and would like to give it a shot, never done it before thanks)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fort Hood has the largest concentration of firepower on a single location in the entire world.