Alternate Advent Calendar

• Thread starter DeletedUser6752
  • Start date

DeletedUser6752

It's a given that the Advent Calendar will no longer give out those awesome Christmas buffs - that's a shame. They were incredibly useful, and I still have a few cookies and gingerbread left because I would nurse my supply so I wouldn't run out before the next Advent Calendar arrived.

Now we get semi-random products from a relatively small list - products that were useful the first year of the Holiday Spook quest, because the quest required them. For those of us who did that quest in a previous year, we don't get the Holiday Spook quest and so the Advent Calendar products are mostly of very limited use, and in some cases of no use at all.

If the game can see that we're not eligible for the quest for which this Advent Calendar change was made, could it also trigger either an expanded or different group of products for the Calendar for those who already did the Holiday Spook?

Instead of Beans, Sugar and Pumpkins, maybe we could get Jugs, Cigars, Lotus blossoms, Oil or other products that might be more useful to many of us? That is, unless the Christmas Buffs are still an option. :D

DeletedUser31532

I don't think I can argue against getting more useful products. And I certainly loved my chocolate cookies.

But don't forget the steel chest we get at the end when we return the advent calendar. That alone is worth it.

DeletedUser6752

I'm not saying to get rid of anything - but 24 days of faithfully opening your Advent Calendar windows to collect a little sumthin' sumthin' would be a bit more enjoyable if it didn't just add to the quantity of items in your inventory you'd likely never use.

And yes, the steel box is nice - but don't forget that this year, after all the price changes, there will be a much greater chance that it will also contain something you won't use.

Yeah, I know there is the alternative of missing a day or three to get marbles for the Bag of Marbles (I'm still not clear on if you can only get it once) or of opening early to get coal to exchange for the Rod (if you're not a hardcore collector you shouldn't even bother). Those would still be options, and it would be up to Inno if they expanded the pool of products available or completely changed it.

DeletedUser

If you were not here to get the advent calender at the start, so missed a few days to start, can you still get the chest at the end?

DeletedUser35533

I liked the buffs more too.
I dont care what it drops now but I think there should be bigger reward for turning in a calender with all days opened on time .

DeletedUser8627

There is only one advent calendar in the game, and if something like this were to be made, they would have to make a new item plus sort out a new quest setup - which could become a tedious issue because the current advent calendar is linked to the full quest line.

Honestly I cannot see this happening, new campaigns are being made for Christmas plus for the repeatable version of the advent calendar and quests, you're getting free stuff even though they are not desired by the higher level players.

DeletedUser30224

I see nothing wrong with providing us with different products according to your level. Even if it doesn't happen now, it can be implemented for next year so sure. If there are no objections, I'd submit this without a poll.

Dissapoint, format your initial post please.