Aim vs Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

how do you know what skills the other person has?
is there a site which tells you there skills

as under ranking if you look for the aim skill all you get is
Skill Aim could not be displayed!

The skill Aim greatly affects gameplay and can therefore not be displayed.

DeletedUser

how do you know what skills the other person has?

You don't. Well, unless you send the person a telegram and he tells you his skills. Apologies to whomever I stole that answer from. I remember repping it, but I can't remember enough specifics of the post to search for it. ;)

DeletedUser

Dodge vs aim = 1 vs 1
Tactics vs aim = 2 vs 1

That means in your own calculation: 0 app - 60 tact = 60 tact ---> 60 tact - 60 aim = 30 aim ---> 30 aim - 0 dodging = 30 :)

Tactics vs dodge = ?

If something like this:

v1.

[attacker]
0 appearance
150 aim
150 dodging

[defender]
150 tactics (+100% soldier bonus with prem.)
50 aim
50 dodging

v2.

[attacker]
0 appearance
200 aim
100 dodging

[defender]
150 tactics (+100% soldier bonus with prem.)
50 aim
50 dodging

Winner(more chances to win)?

The question is, what else except appearance can win top tactics with sold. bonus + 100%?
Because its unreal to have an appearance more then top tactics*2. Or soldier tactics bonus is imba?

DeletedUser

Ive been playing this game for about 2 weeks now. Im constantly learning as much as i can from both visiting the forums often as well as speaking with people who have been around since w1 and still play in about 10 of them. I have learned a great deal from the forums, but even more from the people experienced in this game. I learn things in game that the mods seem clueless about, which is often confusing to me. I can only come up with theories as to why mods never really seem to answer a question. It seems as if they are, but they never really do. Anyhow, im a noob, but one thing i have noticed when it comes to dodging is that it only really applies to your stances. The chance of being hit, depending on what stance you are in, is lowered by a higher skill lvl of dodge. I cant speak accurately on much else, but this is something that has proven to be true in my experiences. I've met alot of morons that have played all worlds, so dont let that fool you.

And btw, why are you trying to reconstruct a duel with only those stats? No one is going to hit each other, they will both stand there slapping at the air. If you want to stay on point, dont try to create a duel out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I beg to differ. Mods do answer the questions the best they can. Best example is the retired mod Elmyr. He was the best source of information around, but not even Elmyr could answer some questions. There are things untold by the developers and undiscovered by players: like the church, aim and dodge skills and the luck.
There's a luck factor in duels and about aim and dodge. The attacker will lose in both versions. There needs to be a balance between aim and appearance and dodge and tactics. I am talking from own experience, aim by itself against high tactics will give weird results. Once you might win big, the next duel you lose big time. There's just to much luck/gamble about just aim.

DeletedUser

Hey, i love the mods, not you Duduie, but most of the mods :) I guess what bothers me the most is when you guys try to answer a question that you dont know the answer to. I feel like it often becomes a question within a question. Again, im not trying to dismiss your value, you give a great deal of info when you can based on what youve experienced. If i didnt respect your knowledge and opinions i wouldnt still be posting.

DeletedUser

Hey thanks, I don't want you to love me, just respect me! :D
There are certain questions that can only be answered by the game developers. Here's the difference between a dev and a mod: a dev creates the game, a mod is merely a player who VOLUNTARILY is doing his/her best to enforce the game and forum rules. Without mods, it would be a complete chaos. Without devs, it would be no game.
I do not have to answer you any question. My duty is to keep this part of the forum clean according to the rules. If I do my best to answer a question I am accused of trying to say something I don't know.
Well I don't know what you want from me kid. I will repeat this: there are questions only the devs can answer and the fact that we do our best to answer something at all should be appreciated. If you don't like it, than please, stay out of questions and guides! :)

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.