after some time off

DeletedUser

I have been off for a few months and just logged in to see if it is still there. My character was there but I noticed that the-west kindly deleted every single items that I bought and all the money got from selling items that was left uncollected. That was like at least $2M as far as I remember. I understand they punish me for being inactive, but well, now I will probably be inactive forever :laugh:

so long guys! keep this world rolling!

DeletedUser34295

As far as I know that's not supposed to happen just 'cause you go inactive a few months. Send them a ticket in-game and they'll look into it/respond to what happend to your items/money. I assume you didn't share your account/password with anyone who could've just stolen them?

Spaceydk

I was inactive for a while and same thing happened.
Its still better than the old delete the character, I guess its the costs of being inactive.

DeletedUser34295

Really? That's the most ridiculous inactivity reaction I've ever heard. Oh well, it's not the first thing Inno does that I don't think is reasonable.

Apelatia

Yes, it is that way. You retain everything in your inventory, but items and products that are left on the market are not retained. It's not that bad of a deal to be fair, unless you were either deleted before this current inactivity system was brought into place (in which case you wouldn't have kept your character at all) or keep your entire inventory on the market. As I said, it's not that bad of a compromise.

DeletedUser22685

Really? That's the most ridiculous inactivity reaction I've ever heard. Oh well, it's not the first thing Inno does that I don't think is reasonable.

It's not an intentional penalty for being inactive. It's just what happens when a character is deleted, and that's why you can't manually delete your character while you have items on the market. So unless they were to prevent characters from being time deleted, there's really nothing that can be done about it unless the items were to be automatically added to the buyer's inventory when the character is deleted, which isn't going to happen because it's basically working around the intended limitation of having to travel to a town to pick up items.

Like Apel said, the alternative used to be to lose your entire account. Surely it isn't that common for people to randomly stop logging in for a month while they have $500k worth of items sitting in the market.

DeletedUser34295

Oh, I'm gonna bow down and apologise here. I didn't catch that we were talking about the market, I thought he meant he logged on to find an empty inventory and $2 million cash just vanished. Now it makes much more sense!

DeletedUser

Btw, the OP never returned to the forums (and apparently to the game as per his post) after he started this thread. In the past when I left the game, my entire character was deleted (even level 99s which were the cap at the time) and I had to start from scratch with 0 cash and almost empty inventory. Compared to that, if you come back to find you still have everything in your bag, it's a pretty sweet deal.

DeletedUser20647

not very srs

You could also use this to get rid of your bounty. Takes 5 days tho, so somewhat limits viability :p

Maybe even a free shaman reset, but haven't really bothered to check that out.

:sombrero:

DeletedUser22685

You could also use this to get rid of your bounty. Takes 5 days tho, so somewhat limits viability :p

Viability is also limited by the fact that you could get duelled a hundred times over that five days whilst your character is idle and lose your bounty anyway :p

DeletedUser20647

Viability is also limited by the fact that you could get duelled a hundred times over that five days whilst your character is idle and lose your bounty anyway :p
Well, that's what I meant. But even then, you could do something like... 48 hour job KO, queue travels, queue a sleep at the end of the KO for 8 hours, queue jobs for another KO, put character on deletion. That's 104 hours that you cant get dueled.

Cmon now, this works!

DeletedUser

Well, that's what I meant. But even then, you could do something like... 48 hour job KO, queue travels, queue a sleep at the end of the KO for 8 hours, queue jobs for another KO, put character on deletion. That's 104 hours that you cant get dueled.

Cmon now, this works!

After a KO, all your queued actions are deleted, as far as I know.
Be 48h KO-d, queue a 4x12h travels, sleep for 3x8h, then 2 jobs for another KO... 48 + 24 + 48, so five days? Should work out quite neatly, as long as you die from two jobs :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Cmon now, this works!

I doubt whether you can keep tasks queued while deleting your account, though.

DeletedUser

When deleting your account, you can't have any current tasks (you can't walk, you can't work, you can't sleep)
And you can't have any items for pickup/sale in the market either.

DeletedUser20647

Ya'll have vacation mixed up with deletion. You can't queue and put on vac mode, but you can if you delete.

DeletedUser36559

Yes you can queue when you delete account but not in vacation mode.