Advice for newbies coming up in the arizona server

DeletedUser

I play Astroempires, so I'm pretty used to waiting on timers for things. I've read the guides and I think im going to be an adventurer.

But I'm not even lvl 10 yet so xD.

Along with advice I have a few questions like.
Is there a difference in being an indian trader or w/e?
Can I has my hut back please?(can I eventually get an indian type fort)

DeletedUser

Here is all you need, look at the stickied topics and you will find almost everything you need also you can use the search button at the top of the page.

http://forum.the-west.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

No there is no difference between the different people in a class but there are big differences between the classes and no there are only normal forts.

DeletedUser

Ppl please. We were all newbies once. Though... I refuse to play whatever has an "empires" in it's name because it's probably not a MMORPG but classic boring "farm 24/7 or die" clone.

Afro, you decided to be an adventurer? Ok. I bet most of players will agree with me that you should go pure on your first server. That means put every point in a certain skill on each level up till you reach the best job you can get there.
Adventurer pure builds most of players choose are:
1. Trapper (setting traps + dexterity) - quickly gets high XP jobs, does good range damage in duels
2. Hider (hiding + mobility) - not so quick as the trapper, but many good XP, money and luck jobs, plus gets a good dodging in duels
3. Leader (leadership + charisma) - I'd say almost good as the trapper in XP jobs, but not so good in duels
4. Trader (leadership + trading) - I'd say this build in Arizona is not good, LP affects the money from jobs, and on old versions this build was used to get silver mining job as soon as possible
5. There are more pure builds, but... For example shooter, but he lacks of good XP jobs on low levels. If someone else want to add other builds, please do.
6. Wanna know my build? I've invested all skillpoints into hiding till I've opened hunting wolves job (good XP and luck jobs, later will flourish with charlatan's set) but all abilitypoints into charisma. Now I'm investing points into leadership and dexterity. Why did I do that? In short: Because this allows you to solve many quests and is usefull later for fort fights. In dules? This build sucks. But I'm not interested in duels otherwise I'd never go for an advanturer but would be a soldier. And I'm currently in top20.

Next thing - you say you aren't level 10 yet? I'd say restart your hero. And do this:
1. Solve the tutorial
2. Go kill some NPCs in NPC duels
3. Use a part of the energy on jobs to solve early quests, another part on more NPC duels to get higher levels
4. In only 2 days you'll be level 12-15.

The difference, indians, traders... When you choose a class, you just set the picture you want and that's it. That picture doesn't affect your character in any way, they do look different, but all get the same bonus.

And what hut are you talking about? There are no huts in this game. If you want a place to live than you will join a town or make your own one. Remember, you don't have to be a townmember.

DeletedUser

wow all I've been doing is jobs and they give me like 1 exp.........
I thought I wouldn't be dueling, since I'm an adventurer.................

Guess ill restart.

DeletedUser

I'm actually not going to restart.
And the guides don't help that much.......they help for the future but not for the now sigh. Still, I think I know what I need to do.

DeletedUser

OK, I'm only a level 31 and this is my first world (rank 386, Arizona), but I would like to kick in with some advice.

First, listen to JoxerTM. He has given you excellent choices on how to spend your character points and that, for me at least, was the biggest concern in the beginning. So, be a (basically) pure something or other (trapper seems to be the most popular).

Join a town that is active: 10 or more members, shops level 5 or higher. That way you are going to get the benefit of good items and people online to chat with. Because there are HIDDEN QUESTS in this game and junk like that. But you're going to have to get that info from your teammates and from the in-town forums. I don't want to drop any spoilers here. Just know that they exist and you NEED them.

It may not seem like it now, at a low level, but energy points are actually precious in this game. Learn how to maximize them. For instance, if you see you are about to level up, set up as many jobs as you can beforehand and even do some duels -- anything to drop your energy down close to zero, because you're going to get all that back when you level up.

Another conservation method, don't sit around for long with your energy points at 100, because then you are not regenerating so you're essentially losing those points.

Visit Weststats.com - there are some cool tools in there for managing items and jobs. You may not need it now. But you will soon. Because you'll soon have many items to juggle with many different bonuses and set options.

My personal favorite helper utility is this Firefox browser add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...he_saloon_bar-3.0-fx.xpi?src=search&confirmed

Start to collect those items that are part of sets. Look out for them in stores. Here is a link to the clothing sets: http://www.weststats.com/Itemsets/

The farmer set is pretty easy to get early on and it adds +2 to all four attributes plus a bunch of labor points. But, then, I am in town CCB and we have the complete farmer set in our store, so ... (contact Jane Average in-game if you're interested in joining).

Hmm that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure others will want to present their own little tips. (That's what she said.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, log in every day at 8 p.m. EST to receive your free daily EXP bonus. If you are already logged in, log out and back in. Don't just refresh the Web page. That won't work.

Don't worry about quests you can't do yet. And don't alter your build strategy just to be able to do a job. Buy items for that instead.

Last edited by a moderator: