Adventures need fixing

• Thread starter DeletedUser34315
  • Start date

DeletedUser34315

Proposal
There are currently some severe flaws with adventures.
1: Red players always move first. This clearly needs to be changed to a classic queuing system.
2:Auto match up is determined solely by level. This causes ridiculous matchups. Changing the system to include solely health and weapon damage would be much more fair.

Current Workaround
There isn't one.

Details
Fix the queuing..
Use a new formula: Health + avg. weapon damage*10 or something similar that's a much more realistic approximation of player's power in an adventure than just flat level.

Abuse Prevention
Not really relevant.

These are both fairly straightforward ideas, and should dramatically improve the enjoyment of adventures.
Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser36011

To adjust weapon average damage is a tricky one, same for HP. As some weapons may neglect actual damage but make it up via attack/defence bonus. The same for health; You can use a Hanks weapon and be nice and chubby but hit like crap, or have a haims and hit much better without the HP. There will be some imbalance whichever way it is worked out

DeletedUser22685

I agree that the queuing needs to be fixed, but I'd rather see it move away from the current system altogether. As someone who experiences horrible lag in pretty much everything I do on my laptop, I hate the idea of turns being decided by who clicked first.

DeletedUser30224

I agree with mister Gandalf, having 2 guys in the team that have 6k hp versus other team having only 3k sissies pretty much decides the game. Don't quite know how the movement is done or what are the implications of being a blue or red painted death machine, but being fast is surely an advantage.

If you want to hit and heal, then you want to click "hit" at superluminal speeds but wait just until the timer creeps at 2-3 seconds remaining to suddenly squeeze in your sneaky area heal for best impact.

I've grown to use the timing to my advantage. Others have too, testimony to all my horrible deaths by people more intelligent than my unsuccessfully un-devious planning attempts. (btw, I've just coined a new word here "un-devious". But being myself, a humble and kind, caring, loving person, you all can use it as well ;) ).

As such I agree with Futurama as well (a travesty by my late standards, but what can you do, the guy has a point most of the times). Playing on my 6 years old top of the range laptop of it's era, I barely see the flawed approximation of my awesome avatar move, let alone beat the others in the race to click places. However, introducing randomness would not solve our problems, unless they remove friendly fire, which is a good strategy we now use to kill a guy with 2k hp with one bullet and clever footwork.

DeletedUser36011

I agree with mister Gandalf, having 2 guys in the team that have 6k hp versus other team having only 3k sissies pretty much decides the game. Don't quite know how the movement is done or what are the implications of being a blue or red painted death machine, but being fast is surely an advantage.

If you want to hit and heal, then you want to click "hit" at superluminal speeds but wait just until the timer creeps at 2-3 seconds remaining to suddenly squeeze in your sneaky area heal for best impact.

I've grown to use the timing to my advantage. Others have too, testimony to all my horrible deaths by people more intelligent than my unsuccessfully un-devious planning attempts. (btw, I've just coined a new word here "un-devious". But being myself, a humble and kind, caring, loving person, you all can use it as well ;) ).

As such I agree with Futurama as well (a travesty by my late standards, but what can you do, the guy has a point most of the times). Playing on my 6 years old top of the range laptop of it's era, I barely see the flawed approximation of my awesome avatar move, let alone beat the others in the race to click places. However, introducing randomness would not solve our problems, unless they remove friendly fire, which is a good strategy we now use to kill a guy with 2k hp with one bullet and clever footwork.

Frendly fire, best thing to use against those special gun winners :D

DeletedUser36559

Yup, agree with queuing seeing as I had a level 4 with no weapon equipped and no experience of adventurers in my team against a lvl 85 with pat Desmond's rifle. This is highly imbalanced and needs to be fixed.