Adventures: Minimum lvl. to take part + an idea

DeletedUser24556

It should only be possible to start in an adventure from a certain lvl. on.

It makes no sense and destroys the game for the others when you have lvls. <10 in your team. Many even don't have a gun and/or are just inactive, do nothing.
When I see such a player I leave adventures by now.

It would be very helpful when players only can take part:

a) From a certain lvl. on (e.g. 25)

and

b) Have to do some kind of tutorial before they can start there at all. Still many join an adventure and don't know what to do. And many of those leave then.

DeletedUser30224

I don't think that is outlandish at all. What do others think?

DeletedUser

I agree. I think that there should be something like the fort fighting section, where it becomes visible at level 25.

DeletedUser34315

A tutorial is desperately needed. Not everyone has the patience to look stuff up on the wiki, and the first couple adventures aren't much fun for you or your team while you're struggling to learn. Minimum level seems like a good idea as well. Don't you have to be level 10 to join a town, and thus to duel?

DeletedUser22685

I believe a tutorial is planned, and I wouldn't be surprised if a minimum level came with it. If not, I'm in favour of the idea.

DeletedUser36559

I agree with this idea, your not the only one who leaves adventurers when they see a <10 player who's never played an adventure before and then the whole team ends up losing. They should have a tutorial by now!

DeletedUser35533

I agree. at least level 40. having a level restriction may also lead them to fort fight a bit.
there is a tutorial that you can see anytime you want(the question mark when you open adventures.the text could be bit more clear, it says "stay withing the white filed for several rounds and hold your position" some may interpret it wrong and it does not say that it works the same when taking others buildings also says nothing about weapons range,friendly fire,etc). there is also an introductory quest. any other kind of tutorial would have to be saved for a time when NPC adventurers are implemented

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Having just become an active 'Adventurer' myself, I agree with this proposal and I also agree that the level should be pretty high, maybe 40 as has been suggested above.
I jumped in at the deep end and didn't read the Wiki, just the basic instructions when you start, but I picked it up in about 20 seconds.
But I digress. Yeah, minimum-level...round about 40 will be good. :)

DeletedUser24556

*push*

Anything new?

And I'd like to add another proposal:

No adventures without a gun!

DeletedUser33353

I will nix that idea Chief.....there is an achievement you realize, no?

foscock

Banned
I think "negative" achievements are silly. Having an achievement for doing something that hurts the team makes no sense. Get rid of the achievement I say.

Level 40 minimum seems too high, you prevent a lot of players from taking part. If there was a tutorial that had to be completed first, the low level players would be able to contribute.

DeletedUser36559

Yeah some people will purposefully try to get the negative achievements and by doing so will cause their team to lose. All the achievements should be positive and I don't see a need for negative ones.

asdf124

Yeah some people will purposefully try to get the negative achievements and by doing so will cause their team to lose. All the achievements should be positive and I don't see a need for negative ones.

You could always do that one at last rounds, or purposefully ko your teammate in order to resurrect to full health.. I have done it, no one complained.

And for this thread, a nay from me, even though, I agree with something has to be done. I don't see this as a solution as the number of players were insanely low in adventure activity.

DeletedUser26820

A tutorial is a good idea, but then isn't a toon's first 3-4-5 adventures their tutorial?
Even if they're level 10-20 and/or even if they show up with no left hand, if they're participating in a adventure 3-4-5 times, I'm confident that if they've been on my team or foscock's team or Kidd's team, they've gotten a little bit of coaching on what to do then and what to bring to the party the next time.

Regarding negative achievements, do the click click clicking it takes to get 1337 L3 items in your inventory. This game already has "contributing to non-participation" negative achievements. Can't purchase grey rags from a shop while attending an adventure or a FF or dueling or building the Traveling Fair.

Please don't create any impediments from toons attending adventures.
I sometimes have to wait 7-8 minutes for one to start.
I'll tutorial my team mates if that's what it takes to get the start time down to 1-2-3 minutes.

A big gun does not an adventure team make. A coordinated adventure team makes for big guns.

foscock

Banned
I don't have a problem with low-level, no weapon guys taking part. Holding the saloon/bank can be done without big hp or damage.

I think a tutorial would benefit those guys that try an adventure, then can't figure out what to do. They think "this sucks" and don't try another one.

DeletedUser33353

The wiki page explains it pretty well....perhaps make that part of the tutorial?

DeletedUser36559

is that how you get the chicken achevment ?

There is an achievement for using a stone (no weapon) in a fight, I've been the first to hit with a stone, I've used a stone in an adventure and also I've won an adventure with a stone but still no luck, Only thing I can think of now is to KO someone with a stone and that will be a tricky challenge in itself.

DeletedUser26820

I'm still opposed to having any impediment to participating in an adventure such as categories/rooms based on level.
Sometimes, I'm waiting up to 6-8 minutes for an adventure to start without that segregation.

Most of the time, I'd rather have an active participant with no left hand that can run and hide & hold the the Bank/Saloon for 35 rounds than a partially active, unaware participant with a strong left hand that shoots me in the back more than once.