adventures keeps crashing

Zuluski

Please fix adventures. Right now everyone needs to refresh it a few times per game while playing as it crashes all the time.

Da Twista

We seem to be experiencing quite a few issues with Adventures since we released an update today. We are in the process of identifying each of the problems and we would appreciate your help.

For those who are having problems, please copy/paste the below form into a new post and fill out the information. The more information we can gather, the quicker we can identify the problems and fix them for you.

What is the exact problem you're experiencing, please give as much details as possible:

Are you able to place yourself in an adventure queue?
Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time?
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure?
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure?
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place?

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc...
What is the speed of the internet you're using?
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe?
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on?

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE?
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist?
What version of your current browser are you using?
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info?
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists?

If you have any additional information, please post it here.

Last edited:

N3gaaliu

What is the exact problem you're experiencing, please give as much details as possible: mostly "lag" or a game crash or a freeze, dont know how to explain, I see seconds till round start, but when it comes to start nothing happens. Sometimes I cant see a square at start, where to stand.

Are you able to place yourself in an adventure queue? Of course, always.
Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Quickly. Or if you talk about cooldown, so sometimes need to wait about 5-7mins.
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure? Nope.
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? YES. But only today and yesterday, I think so. Till these days everything went perfect. But played not so much, only these days more.
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? Using abilities maybe, wanted to walk or shoot and nothing happened.

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... erm, I am not computer genius, but using normal Internet with high speed, lol.
What is the speed of the internet you're using? About 100-300mb/s, dont know exactly, but very high.
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? Home.
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? If for real, I dont have it, ha. Please dont rob me :unsure:

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE? Chrome.
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? Nah, because only two days problem happening.
What version of your current browser are you using? Amh...you think I know. Newest maybe.
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? Nope.
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? Nope.

If you have any additional information, please post it here. Give me free money! Sorry, kidding.

ShyyAnn

I can get into queue, go to lobby quickly. I usually exit queue after 2 minutes and rejoin, so no longer than usual.

While I was playing, the Adventure completely froze and I had to refresh the entire game. Before it froze, the screen flashed, I lost my gridlines for a moment, and the bank and saloon colors went away. I was moving and shooting when it occured. Then the game froze, and wouldn't take any commands or let me rescind ones it showed from the previous turn until I refreshed.

I am using a wifi connection through my cable company. I don't know the speed. I am playing from home, and my anti-virus is Sophos.

I am currently using Chrome. I was using IE but was getting mini-freezes all through Advents and chats, so it was suggested that I move to Chrome, and it has been working well for me, with some lag, until today.

I have installed scripts when I was on IE, but not since I started using Chrome. They may still be attached to my account; I don't know.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. It is appreciated! :)

Lonesome Stranger

Adventure crashes

What is the exact problem you're experiencing, please give as much details as possible: Screen locks up. All 3 building grids turn white. Dead players still onn screen with 0 HP. Players are in different squares then shown on screen, you can target them only by looking for the grid color.

Are you able to place yourself in an adventure queue? Yes
Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Seems quick enough
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure? no
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? yes
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? killed someone

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... wifi
What is the speed of the internet you're using? 3Mb
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? home
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? Antivir

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE? Firefox
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? no
What version of your current browser are you using? 33.1
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? no
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? none installed

xalita42

What is the exact problem you're experiencing, please give as much details as possible:Game Freezes completely. Refreshing only brings the streak of bad luck.

Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Yes
Rather quickly or does it take time? Rather quickly, does not take time
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure? No
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? Yes, when someone dies...freezes unable to move, shoot. Need to refresh, then moves can occur.
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? Was right after someone died.

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... Wired
What is the speed of the internet you're using? 30mbps
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? Home

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE? Chrome
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? No. Game will not work on Opera
What version of your current browser are you using? Version 38.0.2125.111 m
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? tw-db info
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? Yes. Is the first thing i did. Problem persists. Also closed all other tabs and disabled everything except my pop up blocker. Cleared cache, cookies, cleaned history. Still, no luck.

I had this opened during an adventure, to edit when the issue occurred. As soon as i died it froze. Oddly, even this froze up and would not allow me to enter any comments.

Last edited:

Anny Hudson

Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Normal, i.e. same time that it took earlier.
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? Yes
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? I killed my opponent

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... WiFi atm
What is the speed of the internet you're using? Not sure, tbh. But It's not slow I can say.
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? University
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? Laptop, AVG

Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? Yes, problem persists in all browsers
What version of your current browser are you using? 38.0.2125.122 m
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? Yes
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? No, will check that and update later Problem still persists.

Additional information:- It is only freezing when people are getting KO'ed. The toon shows at the spot with 0 hp and if you wait till the next round starts it freezes bad. So bad that you can't even refresh the page. Just gotta close the tab and relogin again from a new tab.

Last edited:

Kingdomskey

What is the exact problem you're experiencing, please give as much details as possible:

Are you able to place yourself in an adventure queue? yes
Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? fairly quickly
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure? no
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? yes
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? for a majority of the time the game freezes when someone within the game dies and their body doesn't fade. At times a simple refresh of the web page works other times the entire game freezes to the point i have to close and reopen it

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi
What is the speed of the internet you're using? download speed 91.46mbps upload 5.41mpbs
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? home

Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? no
What version of your current browser are you using? Chrome 38
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info?no
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists?yes still persists

William Bresnaham

Are you able to place yourself in an adventure queue? Yes.
Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Normal.
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure? No.
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? No. But the shoot/movement display sometimes jumps to the end.
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? Just normal play.

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... Home WiFi/Cable Internet
What is the speed of the internet you're using? Fast.
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? Home.
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? AVG

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE? Firefox/Chrome - both about the same.
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? Yes.
What version of your current browser are you using? Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? No.
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? Don't have any.

Bigger problem is other players are constantly connecting/reconnecting or get totally disconnected.

Gryph

For as far as I see it :
-The problem is there for everyone (from what Ive heard)
- On all browsers (Tried Firefox several versions and Chrome myself)
- With our without addons/scripts (as mentioned by others above, I use script)
- For people all over the world (after talking to people)
- With normal, slow or fast internet (I have very fast internet)
- With different virus scanners (tried several at different locations)
- Where ever you are (tried different locations)
- Adventures itself, joining queue, starting, setting, whatever, all goes well. It just freezes for everyone ever minute.

So basically I just see 1 problem. Adventures just keep freezing.
Likely an issue with the update since everyone is having these problems no matter the secondary circumstances. Just don't understand why you ask all us for for example browser being used, don't tell me you only have 1 installed or can't reproduce this ?

Note : I expect the "Dia de Los Muertos" enddate will be postponed since we can't do adventures for flowers ? :)

Apelatia

Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Yes. I am transported quickly, without any problems.
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure, and if so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? I have had a freeze occur once. This happened immediately following the death of two players, one on each team. One of these players was myself.

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... I am using Wifi.
What is the speed of the internet you're using? Somewhere between fast and normal...
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? I am playing from home.
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? Bitdefender Antivirus

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE? I am using Chrome.
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? Yes, I have tried on Internet Explorer. The problems were increased here. I experienced a frozen screen where the grid disappeared, as well as players staying at 0 HP on the UI after death. Lag was not a problem, but the colours intended to display around a building when it has been captured occasionally disappeared.
What version of your current browser are you using? The latest version, Chrome 38.
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? I do. I have tw-db.info, West-Forts import, Fort Battle Player, The West Task Killer and TW Friends installed.
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? Yes.

Zuluski

Are you able to place yourself in an adventure queue?
yes
Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time?
it appears slighlty longer today
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure?
no
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure?
yes. it freezes for me when people get killed. From the start of each game, it seems to run ok until someone gets killed, then one needs to refresh. The process needs to be repeated when someone else dies the next round of few rounds later.
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place?
as mentioned above. when someone dies, setting moves becomes impossible and refresh is needed. Before the first person or persons die, things seem to be normal.
Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc...
cable
What is the speed of the internet you're using?
120 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe?
home
Avira antivirus pro
Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE?
Firefox and chrome. Same problem on both
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist?
as stated above. Have tried both browsers.
What version of your current browser are you using?
latest versions of both firefox and chrome. Firefox updated to latest version yesterday.
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info?
yes but only on firefox. On chrome i have no scripts installed.
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists?
On firefox i run scripts and on chrome i have no scripts installed. Problem in advetures is exactly the same whether i play on firefox with scripts switched on or off or or i play on chrome with no scripts. Game runs fine until first person dies. Up to a point where there is not deaths, game performs as it should.

jennyy

The adventure starts. After an amount of rounds - different every time, or when someone gets KO'ed i can still see them on the map with 0 hp. The clock keeps counting until 0 and then freezes. I can't set any movement until i refresh the page .Sometimes even the page can't refresh because it's frozen and i have to close the browser entirely.
After i return to the adventure the colours of the buildings (red/blue) are gone. They are just white.

Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Yes, quickly
Do you need to exit the queue and rejoin before you can join an adventure?No
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure?Yes, multiple
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? Set movement/shot/heal.Doesn't matter happened with everything

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... cable
What is the speed of the internet you're using? I don't know but it's really fast normally
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe?home
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? comodo

Your browser, which are you using? Firefox, Chrome, Opera or IE?firefox
Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist?no
What version of your current browser are you using? the most recent one
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info?yes,
tw-db.info
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists?no

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameahwait

Are you transported to the adventure lobby? Rather quickly or does it take time? Yes I am and it is fast
Do you experience any freezing while playing an adventure? Yes, whilst in game, it works normally for a while then when someone dies, everything seems to freeze up. It doesn't always happen though and it is intermittent.
If so, what was the last thing you did in the adventure before the freeze took place? I died or someone else died. This often happens when more than 1 person dies same round.

Your internet connection? What line are you currently using? Wifi, 3G etc... Wifi through fibre optic line
What is the speed of the internet you're using? Slow... 2Mb/s but this has never affected game usage
Are you playing from home, university, internet cafe? Home
What anti virus are you using on the PC you're playing on? Bitdefender

Very important: Have you tried an alternate browser to see if the same problems persist? No as it only just started happening this evening where I was affected.
What version of your current browser are you using?Chrome Version 38.0.2125.122 Now here is the thing... I saw everyone else having the problem earlier and I was fine - didn't need to refresh once, but I was using Version 38.0.2125.111 earlier and since updating to the latest version, it has been crashing.
Do you have any scripts installed that are used for The West, such as tw-db.info? Yes
Very important: Have you disabled all west related scripts to see if the problem persists? Yes