Adventures for the disenfranchised.

Reyne

I don't really know where to start. Some us of hate adventures and only play them when forced to achieve a quest. It's not the whole quest, just a fraction of it. It must be done in order to achieve an item or to finish a quest. Come on, some of us quest because that is one of the draws to this game. Not the PvP.

Please, Inno. For the sake of those who hate adventures, and for those who hate us who hate adventures, please stop making them a requirement for quests. For everyone's sake.

Let me tell you why. The behavior of avid, rabid adventure players leaves a lot to be desired. You're trying to figure out the mechanics of it, and you have someone shouting orders at you in the chat window. While you're reading their comments and trying to respond, you miss setting up your movements and shots.

Then you have those who want to win at all costs. You get cussed. I got to where I just close the chat and try to figure it out on my own.

I've been called a cheater, greedy, a liar. I've been told to leave, and when I refused, like a child, the player just stood there and let himself get killed over and over. How childish. At least I tried to play it and capture the buildings. I've been told I don't have to do the quests. Really? The very reason I play the game? If I can skip the quest, then they can grow up and stop being sore losers.

And people wonder why we hate them? It's the attitudes of the "veterans" who play them. It's no wonder we don't improve or wish to learn more about them.

Please, please, Inno. For the sake of EVERYONE, please, please, give us another option when we get to that part of the quest. Either do the adventure, or do something else to complete the quest. That way, everyone is happy.

Junkz

Ignore + report if offended.

Adventures, as fort fights, are also a way to play the game, same as you do with quests :p
Everyone started as a noob, the more you play them, the better you get. And, eventually, those "pro-players" will stop anoying you :)

To put a stop on adventures being a requirment for some quests would also mean the same to fort fights and duels.
Plus you only have to do a few for the quests, as said on the beggining of this post, ignore who talk bad at you for those adventures.

You can also read the wiki page on Adventures before you head into one. That will give you the basics. https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Adventures

Reyne

I think it was the cheating comment that got to me. I don't even know how that's possible..

And I certainly am not disputing adventures are part of the game. But they are so different from duels and fort fights. I have learned the mechanics at least. Maybe not all the nuances of strategy, though.

Junkz

You, me and all the other players starting adventures now, will be called a lot of names :D cheaters included ahahaha!

Just ignore those comments and play your way. You only learn by playing, good or bad, win or lose!

asdf124

You, me and all the other players starting adventures now, will be called a lot of names :D cheaters included ahahaha!

Just ignore those comments and play your way. You only learn by playing, good or bad, win or lose!
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-guide.56998/

My own adventure guide should suffice if interested in learning more about adventures.

I think it was the cheating comment that got to me. I don't even know how that's possible..
The cheating comment is usually on those players who join a side, never do much at all as they have someone else(them usually as they have multiple account worlds with different names) That is pushing in adventures.

I have called someone a njub in adventures once, they never talked to me again. Peeps should get a grip, and simply hold their breath when both insulting and being insulted in my opinion. You have to see it in their point of view to understand why they act like that. For example, they might have lost 15 games which are at least 80-120 minutes of their lives. 2 hours of life is way more important than losing in a game in my honest opinion. Usually by mistakes newbies do.

I for one wished that their was more to the adventure game mode, bear hunt, and other game modes would have been fun to play with friends. A new way to interact with the community and the group mode would have helped that!

Rather than say "Oh no, another adventure requirement"

You'd say:"Yay, who wants to have fun poking the bear with a stick? :D :D"

Not to mention the horrendous matchmaking system which is made via levels only.~ Horrendous cause it doesn't mean players will enjoy it as it isn't even balanced.

Junkz

Wouldn't say it better :) Adventures are a way to have fun. Even with all the insults and newbie actions! Just ignore anyone who disrespects you and keep doing your best :)

Reyne

Thank you to the very nice people who were patient and gave me a chance. They didn't make me nervous (or at least no more nervous than I was making myself), and we actually had a victory! asdf124, thank you for posting your how-to. The weapon and gear guide helped. :)

DeletedUser31403

Reyne, I agree with you. I liked adventures when it was introduced, the the game is mostly played by people who are rude and lost their sense of decency at the cost of winning a stupid game. I play the West to have fun, not to be bullied.

DeletedUser34194

Simplest thing to do would be to create levels
"beginner" for those of us who only do them for quests.

"Intermediate" for the more regular

and "Expert" for the everyday players.

which class you fit into would need to be taken out of the hands of players who may be experts trolling the beginner class for achievements and whatnot. Some sort of point system or level.

DeletedUser35533

This has been suggested before, originally inno was going to do it own their own but then NPC AI turned out hard to make or something and they gave up on it. I supported the idea of fighting NPC's would support it even if it were to be heroes of glory/Rise of Champions style thing. I would still support it even if adv with regular players was always very pleasantUntitled.png

DeletedUser36417

which class you fit into would need to be taken out of the hands of players who may be experts trolling the beginner class for achievements and whatnot. Some sort of point system or level.

I agree with Keyser. I dont play adventures.the post that explain are dated and I dont understand it totally.But the diff levels sounds like some I would get into

Reyne

I could get behind this. Or even something like fort maneuvers, where it separates practice from real fort battles.

Deleted User - 3853873

you all relize if people your playing with are rude and you dont want to see it,you can close that chat in these games and not see it and do your own thing

DeletedUser35533

you all relize if people your playing with are rude and you dont want to see it,you can close that chat in these games and not see it and do your own thing
you do realize that they too can do their own thing and its really hard to win an often uneven game with an additional handicap of a player being off line or actively working against the team.

Laural

When I have 'had' to adventure due to a quest etc. I have found it really fun only a couple of times. Those times directly coincided with having friendly helpful team mates and their willingness to guide me in my lack of adventure prowess.

Having levels and/or a 'maneuver' feature would definitely improve the activity I think.