Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser36011

So we have a small problem that you come up against.

Its pretty much people staying in the adventure and deliberately doing nothing(sorta sounds similar to the disconnect) but they keep joining subsequent adventures too. They dont quit the adventure lobby, they rather remain because their time penalty is large.

All it does is wreck the game for those trying to play them and annoy their team mates, pretty much punishing them for their own childish behaviour. This consistent and deliberate inaction should have some sort of punishment for the player in question and not their team mates who have to suffer instead.

MFRavenhawk

So we have a small problem that you come up against.

Its pretty much people staying in the adventure and deliberately doing nothing(sorta sounds similar to the disconnect) but they keep joining subsequent adventures too. They dont quit the adventure lobby, they rather remain because their time penalty is large.

All it does is wreck the game for those trying to play them and annoy their team mates, pretty much punishing them for their own childish behaviour. This consistent and deliberate inaction should have some sort of punishment for the player in question and not their team mates who have to suffer instead.

At least I am not the only one seeing that. I see it happens a lot of times by teams facing the outlaw or elite weapons. Oddly I see it happen from folks on the same team as those owning such weapons. The worst case scenarios are when it is in 3v3 battles, as even with the elite weapons, there is no way for two folks to complete against three effectively.

Actually, it might not be so odd after all....when the person quitting is from say Dakota, and at least two of the three members of the opposing (unaffected) team are also from Dakota....same town or alliance perhaps?? :hmf:

Last edited:

asdf124

what is truly frustrating is that when you want one item but need 2 to complete it, you just cannot get it.....

DeletedUser33499

Sorry for this to be a long reply, but it is me bringing up ideas for things.

This may be an idea, but I would like to ask the modulators about this addition to the Adventure Maps as a possible idea before they make their move in adding it:

Why not add some challenging conditions to the maps to spice up the adventure gameplay? It is optional to add this, but adding conditions yield greater rewards to players than normal gameplay. And the conditions are not set by player, but by random and there is a max of three conditions. Some conditions include, Max HP down (less HP during adventure), Max special ability down - down to one special ability along with movement and attack, horse restriction (horses widen the movement to make traveling in adventures much easier (costs two actions), but horse restriction prevents the player from using horses and just walks instead), Hardcore (this one will add a separate button to add Hardcore if you want to add it in (it is still Random so you never know what you'll get) - but will yield the greatest reward possible if you are the lone survivor or with your team). Hardcore also only gives each player one life and once Ko'ed, you lose the game instantly and will have to watch for the winner. Hardcore's reward for the people who lose vary depending on who got Ko'ed first to last (max 200 victory points), but the survivor reeks the benefits (around 750+ victory points and a special loot chest guarantee - special loot chests should be added and you cannot buy them on the bond shop - it is difficult to get and can only be obtained in Hardcore mode). There are other limits and benefits for conditions (such as aim lowered, attack and defense lowered, evasion lowered, lower chance of a loot chest when claimed victory, action point limit and critical limit/down. Action point limit is not common). Some of the benefits (such as aim up, evasion up, auto-reraise (can be used only once when ko'ed to restore full HP in one round rather than waiting three rounds), experience when winning an adventure (at most 1-5%, no more than 5%), action point boost (not common)) are more rare than the opposite, which would balance the game itself. If I come up with new ones, I'll PM the modulators.

The special loot chests yield items that are unobtainable by any means and are very valuable and rare. These items are items you cannot get in a normal loot chest.

This is just an idea to indulge a challenge on any player in the adventure map and to spice it up a notch. I may put it in the Ideas and Brainfarts forum, but I am not sure if it will get lost with the countless ideas other people have put down so I want to try to make it noticeable to both the community and to the modulators. And if some of the conditions seem unfair as it makes the adventure much more difficult, it is why these conditions are called "Challenges" for a reason. And the conditions are random and once the conditions are made, they are unchangeable by any means afterwards. You will never know what you will get. Team conditions affect the entire team and not just one individual (for Multiplayer Adventures only).

I also forgot to mention that I suggest adding a Single Player Adventure and Deathmatch Adventure options (also Single only) and adding horses to adventures as an option (not for multiplayer, though and if this is selected, the option "horse restriction" will be added as a random option condition). In single player maps, there are more buildings to control (10 of them) and the person who has the most buildings after 50 rounds wins (based on color of building) and each person must fend for themselves and have no allies. There are more abilities than multiplayer and each person can have three actions with six ability slots (two normal and four special versus the normal gameplay of two normal and three special). Deathmatch works similar to Single Player except each player controls two buildings and you're goal is to capture most buildings and not lose your two buildings (will be highlighted in yellow or another color to show you had that building at the beginning of the adventure). If you lose your two buildings, it is game over for you (similar to how you play Hardcore with the exception that you don't win a special loot chest at the end) and you must sit back and watch the other players compete. Like SP, Deathmatch has 50 rounds. Deathmatch and single player can have up to five people max (don't want to make this too big).

I will think of some adventure ideas when I come across to one, but I strongly consider adding this to spice it up a notch and enhance gameplay. If you have any questions or comments, PM me about this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37168

Haven't played a single adventure in more than a month since I completed my outlaw set. I hope that the devs will come up with some new maps, loot chest items or some new way how to earn the exp points, otherwise it feels like used up concept.

DeletedUser

The exploiters have found a new way. They just come back to screen once every few minutes to do one action and stay inactive the rest of the rounds.

The balancing hasn't been worked out yet either. Now that there are very few people playing these, most matches are 3v3 and unmatched teams in a 3v3 are very frustrating to play; you're just wasting time trying to secure 21 points till the end.

DeletedUser36559

I agree, they simple come back do 1 action move and again become inactive, the problem still hasn't been solved and people will do anything to find ways.

DeletedUser

Are we allowed to send in-game tickets to report players for adventures?

DeletedUser22685

Not unless they're breaking a rule that can normally be reported via support ticket.

DeletedUser

Can you get a loot chest from adventure if you win but don't have 35 points?

DeletedUser22685

No, having 35 points is the only requirement to win a loot chest.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to alert the regulars about a player called Equinox D. Alexander. I've been playing adventures with him for 3-4 days now. He only plays once every 4-5 rounds. He's a low level so he always gets assigned the bank/saloon and he doesn't even step on it in the beginning. He just takes the first round to go near it and then goes afk and comes back 4 rounds later after he's been kicked out. Same for the rest of the game. He has done this every game I have played with him.
Since we cannot send an in-game report for something like this, I'd just like to inform the other regulars about it.

DeletedUser36011

He seems to be getting better, still not doing alot, but being somewhat less of a liability than he was at one stage.

DeletedUser

Adventures I have been on teams that have won and found out that my team mates got loot chests and I did not , why ?

I have also been matched up aginst some very high lvl players ( I am lvl 48 and the guy across from me is lvl 100 + ) so I droped out because I did not want my team to lose because of my lower lvl and damage and hp compaired to a lvl 100 + player that has a gun that will kill me in 1 or 2 hits lol . so as I was saying I droped out and it made me wait 15 minits the first time I did that and the 2nd time it made me wait an hr . so I like the adventures and will keep doing them because I might win a loot chest , butt the adventures needs a lot of work to make them good for players of all lvls . I also like the ideal the guy above me had about town vers town . that would be very cool I think .

DeletedUser

Adventures I have been on teams that have won and found out that my team mates got loot chests and I did not , why ?

Winning an adventure doesn't mean you WILL get a chest, it just means that you now have a 20% chance of getting a chest.

Also, against what was believed earlier, the requirement to qualify for the chance of finding chest is not winning the adventure, but making 35 points.

He seems to be getting better, still not doing alot, but being somewhat less of a liability than he was at one stage.

He's not doing that because he's new, he's afk on purpose. Yesterday I asked him why he was doing it because he did all day yesterday and he replied that he had to leave. He just doesn't care about winning or losing, which is fine, but his absence causes everyone in his team to lose and it is a waste of 15 minutes which is important to those who only have a very small window during the day to have time to stay online for a period long enough to play adventures. I really like TW because you can just sit for 2 mins, queue jobs/duels and leave for hours without wasting any play time; but to play adventures you have to stay on keyboard for 15 minutes.

DeletedUser

Well, i've won one with Equinox D. Alexander on team and with his help too! And opposite team also played very well (no inactives or such).
He started very poor but when we started to smacktalk him, he woke up. Chat screenshoot: http://imgur.com/uyEJLmu

So i guess, give Alex a chance.

DeletedUser36011

Well, i've won one with Equinox D. Alexander on team and with his help too! And opposite team also played very well (no inactives or such).
He started very poor but when we started to smacktalk him, he woke up. Chat screenshoot: http://imgur.com/uyEJLmu

Yep, it's as I said. He is getting better. There are tons of players who have started off with no idea and have been lambasted a terrible lot because people arent very understanding. The worst part is when those players who arent very good themselves begin criticising just because they have keyboards. Every now and then you will get a player doing it deliberately but most of the time players arent that idiotic to disadvantage and throw their whole team under the bus. The only way you will get these players (whether deliberately done, or inadvertently) that move poorly and are a 'problem' to get better are with positive comments. No matter how pointless or hopeless it is to try to help them, you're stuck with them regardless, so try to get the best out of them ;)

DeletedUser

AFK people has been a common problem since the beginning and I've never pointed one out. The reason I pointed out Alex is because he did this in 10+ games in single day. I played in 2 sessions, once in morning and once in the last evening and he was there both times and he did the same thing in every match. He plays normally if he's present for the entirely of the match, but in the 10+ games on the day he was in my team in the 3v3 matches and he did the same thing in all of them. We lost all of them because of him and it wasn't because he was a new player, it was because he played once in 4-5 rounds.