Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

It hasn't been officially announced as a bug but according to the system on which adventures are based, there is a "planning phase" and an "action phase" and when something entirely skips the action phase making players only play one phase, it is a bug IMO.

DeletedUser36559

Don't think it's necessarily a bug as it happens to some people without them even trying to do it on purpose.

DeletedUser35120

Yes, no, YES, NO,YESSSS, NOOOO - Never ending debate. Lets stop here :p

DeletedUser22685

It is a bug, and intentionally reproducing a bug in order to benefit from it is considered abuse. I'd wager that something will be done to fix it in the near future, but in the meantime there's very little that can be done to detect or prevent it.

DeletedUser

I am benefitting from this as I (most of the time - 90% or so) get to skip the action phase. :)

However, I have no idea why. Playing in Chrome on a 20 Mbit/s wireless internet connection.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah it's never going to end :D

It is going to end, because there's no debate to begin with. The players don't get to decide whether something is a bug or what constitutes abuse; it comes down to a simple ruling by the developers. Granted, that ruling hasn't actually been given yet to the best of my knowledge, but it seems obvious what it will be. There's no point even discussing it any further at this point.

I am benefitting from this as I (most of the time - 90% or so) get to skip the action phase. :)

However, I have no idea why. Playing in Chrome on a 20 Mbit/s wireless internet connection.

Your browser and download speed are roughly the same as mine, and I see the action phase about as often as you. I'm not going to complain about that, but IMO they should just get rid of the animations altogether, or at least give an option to turn them off (for those players who are more interested in pretty moving colours than efficiency. Probably the same ones who view duels in flash mode :p).

DeletedUser36011

Futu, you need to do a masterpiece of yourself playing an adventure!

DeletedUser22685

The only reason you'd want to pay to watch me adventuring is for a laugh at my expense, and I'm not sure if anyone would be able to comprehend what they were seeing if they were to witness me in the process of creating a masterpiece. The last time it happened was during my famous paint-off with van Gogh in 1890. He went mad with envy, and we all know how that ended.

Either way, requests for artwork can be directed towards my thread in Graphics, Art & Media. Let's try and stay on topic here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36098

I am going to be suggesting to all my friends and acquaintances that they do not play the adventures game at all unless you sort the bugs out in the movement and skill usage.

yet again I am left with a character that cannot move at all because the screen insists on moving with my cursor. The issue started when I accidentally used right click instead of left click and after that all the bugs came out of the woodwork. I refreshed , I closed the whole game down and started it up again in another server. the skills lit up but refused to be selected, movement was almost as if it was automatic and not to where I wanted to move to, no shooting, no healing and no way to do anything to correct it makes this the worst possible section of the game I have come across.

DeletedUser36559

I am going to be suggesting to all my friends and acquaintances that they do not play the adventures game at all unless you sort the bugs out in the movement and skill usage.

yet again I am left with a character that cannot move at all because the screen insists on moving with my cursor. The issue started when I accidentally used right click instead of left click and after that all the bugs came out of the woodwork. I refreshed , I closed the whole game down and started it up again in another server. the skills lit up but refused to be selected, movement was almost as if it was automatic and not to where I wanted to move to, no shooting, no healing and no way to do anything to correct it makes this the worst possible section of the game I have come across.

I've had the same problems you have encountered but refreshing the screen when the cursor moves with the screen almost always solves the problem. Sometimes the skills don't work for one particular round but they do work the very next round ( for me anyways).

DeletedUser34315

It is a bug, and intentionally reproducing a bug in order to benefit from it is considered abuse. I'd wager that something will be done to fix it in the near future, but in the meantime there's very little that can be done to detect or prevent it.

My computer can't even handle planning stage, let alone animation/moving stage. While my new laptop should be better, i think it could be hard to prevent bug abuse without hamstringing some users.
That said, perhaps some sort of option to skip the animation phase, but you can't queue moves until the time after it ends, would be a viable option.

DeletedUser36559

Is their a change in mobility attribute?

it seems that it has been changed at least to me.

Hmm I hit right through people with mobility guns so I don't think the attribute is as powerful as it's supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Strength seems to be overpowered when compared to other attributes, but the additional health that it gives also reduces the hit/dodge chance (independently of other stats).

asdf124

Strength seems to be overpowered when compared to other attributes, but the additional health that it gives also reduces the hit/dodge chance (independently of other stats).

I have seen a player with 6k hp do 9k damage, so it is worth it which seems overpowered indeed.

DeletedUser36011

Strength is indeed more useful than anything else, keeps you alive longer for one, meaning you can hold buildings longer. Timing still has something to do with when you should and shouldnt die, but being chunky is better than not regardless of timing problems of when you may want to die :p

DeletedUser36559

Yeah takes ages to wear down their HP so I would personally say it's the most powerful attribute.