Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3853873

For my wishful thinking,I think it be more tatical and fun if they made it longer.You know like a fort battle,more round and points to win they of course would have to give you more vp for winning if it was longer ,but think then you could go back and forth on the points lol and use more tatics,of course this would be a terrrible idea if you got a bad player or one those negative ones that just run around saying we lost when there is a chance to catch back up lol.
As it is now they are very short and if you get over like 10 points behind its hard try catch back up unless you take all 3 buildings to stop thier points,just think it be more challenging and fun if was little longer battles lol I'm sure I will get more negative marks for my opinion

DeletedUser

I dont think adventures should be decided on who can click a button the quickest.
It goes against all other aspects of the game. i.e. duelling its not about clicking fast, forting is not about clicking fast, jobbing is not about clicking fast. It doesnt seem fair to me, as some people (including myself) have an advantage over others.
What would be better is a turn based system where you can clearly see the order of who moves and shoots first before it happens. This order changes every round, so whoever moved/shot first one round would move/shot last the next.
This way adventures are fair to everyone and games will be decided on skill rather than who ever can click the fastest,
Just my thought :)

DeletedUser36098

the game plays fairly well but the loot chest, costing 5000 vet points should not have the 1% experience potion or the mojo within it.

I spent a large amount of time gaining vet points for a chest only to find I could have saved 4500 vet points and just got the 1% potion instead. what is the point of having the chest there if it is going to have the other items in the shop in there as well. now if the potion in the chest had been a 10% experience potion I would not grumble.

I would point out that the mojo did not work for certain parts of quests, including the need for strength in the golden sabre quest when it first came out. I have yet to see anything that suggests that was sorted out yet.

if you want this new game to die the death quickly I suggest you just leave it alone. I find it pointless trying to gain points only to have a higher chance of crap in the loot box than good stuff.

DeletedUser

Stupid question from a newbie...I have tried adventure twice now, and both times, same thing happens. I click on the "two feet" walk button and then want to click on the screen to show my character where to move to, but the whole screen keeps moving. Even after clicking once on the screen( as suggested by someone) it would still happen. The result is that my pointer stays on my character, no matter what I do.

What am I missing?

DeletedUser36559

Stupid question from a newbie...I have tried adventure twice now, and both times, same thing happens. I click on the "two feet" walk button and then want to click on the screen to show my character where to move to, but the whole screen keeps moving. Even after clicking once on the screen( as suggested by someone) it would still happen. The result is that my pointer stays on my character, no matter what I do.

What am I missing?

Same thing happens to me on some occasions. I've sent it as a bug and hopefully they fix it. I've had to refresh when it happened but couldn't set my moves for that round.

DeletedUser20688

I just realized today that there are two huge bugs in the game. First, the title "Adventures". It's supposed to be "Game of Bulljunk". Also, it's not "Team Cook" versus "Team Dalton" it's actually the "House of Pay-To-Win Weaps", "House of Disconnect", "House of You're Too Poor To Play", and "House Njub" competing with each other.

DeletedUser36098

another question not answered in my ticket request to my satisfaction...

what constitutes the hp levels shown in the adventures?

I have colorado and w11 characters with vastly differing hp yet both worlds have my character set on about 2.3K hp despite both characters having more hp when I click on the game to play it. in fact my soldier in w11 is close to 4K without the fort gear on and my adventurer character is just over 3K hp. I have met players in the game with 7K hp so far so again I ask what constitutes HP in the adventures game?????

DeletedUser

Actual skills and AP of your character or its class, are of no significance in adventures. The only things that matter are your character level and the gun (left hand) that you are using in the adventures. Currently, due to a bug, some other things are considered, but your attributes and skills have no affect in the adventure whatsoever, except that which you get from your gun. So using a gun that gives a "+Strength" bonus will add your health in the adventure.

I would also recommend that you read the wiki on adventures. It has all the basic details. Link here: http://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Adventures

EDIT: New bug for me today. The adventure screen didn't go away after it ended and I closed the VP reward screen. I was stuck in the adventure even though I had disconnected. Refreshing brought me back to the main screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36011

Actual skills and AP of your character or its class, are of no significance in adventures. The only things that matter are your character level and the gun (left hand) that you are using in the adventures. Currently, due to a bug, some other things are considered, but your attributes and skills have no affect in the adventure whatsoever, except that which you get from your gun. So using a gun that gives a "+Strength" bonus will add your health in the adventure.

I would also recommend that you read the wiki on adventures. It has all the basic details. Link here: http://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Adventures

EDIT: New bug for me today. The adventure screen didn't go away after it ended and I closed the VP reward screen. I was stuck in the adventure even though I had disconnected. Refreshing brought me back to the main screen.

Had this one too, usually only seems top happen when you click the minimise button for the report for me, and then obviously you are unable to get the report back up. Only way to get out of it is, as you've said, refresh or to wait the 60 seconds it takes to kick you out of an adventure once you have finished an adventure

Snr Sarg

the game plays fairly well but the loot chest, costing 5000 vet points should not have the 1% experience potion or the mojo within it.

I spent a large amount of time gaining vet points for a chest only to find I could have saved 4500 vet points and just got the 1% potion instead. what is the point of having the chest there if it is going to have the other items in the shop in there as well. now if the potion in the chest had been a 10% experience potion I would not grumble.

I would point out that the mojo did not work for certain parts of quests, including the need for strength in the golden sabre quest when it first came out. I have yet to see anything that suggests that was sorted out yet.

if you want this new game to die the death quickly I suggest you just leave it alone. I find it pointless trying to gain points only to have a higher chance of crap in the loot box than good stuff.

^ THIS ^

I've stopped playing for a while now, the rewards are too insignificant

DeletedUser

People are already complaining about event rifles being OP and the game makes a team with 2 of them in one team while the other team has none?

DeletedUser36559

Yeah happened to me once where the other team had Manitu, Stormcaller, Hank's revovler and a GG. Anyway you just have to do your best against these types of teams and nothing much can be done about it.

DeletedUser36424

Is Inno going to make all items of the Outlaw set auctionable? I am getting duplicates of horses and guns and can't sell them! Thanks!

DeletedUser33353

Is Inno going to make all items of the Outlaw set auctionable? I am getting duplicates of horses and guns and can't sell them! Thanks!

If they do, I will be talking to you on your duplicates :D

DeletedUser

I faced another new bug. I died 5 turns ago, but the countdown on my death timer never reduced. As you can see in the screenshot, it shows I am dead on my avatar, in the player list on the left (I am at top) and the description just above the skill bar. However, it has been more than 3 rounds and in the chat the game is suggesting that I will be kicked for inactivity.
I refreshed and came back and it worked after that.

asdf124

The reds have an advantage over the blues, I just hope they kinda fix that.

What do I mean by an advantage? The saloon has range to some places in the mill while the bank has about none really.

That is why they should move the wagon one step to right to be more fair play.

Deleted User - 3853873

What do I mean by an advantage? The saloon has range to some places in the mill while the bank has about none really.

I think both red and blue can get to mill in 2 turns if done correctly.And if they do make horse auctionable,I will buy one please lol:)

DeletedUser

This is true. There is only a very small gap if you stand near the west windows of the bank which spans to about 2-3 tiles on the mill where your LoS goes between the pond and the handle of the wagon. While from the corner of the saloon, you can see and shoot at several tiles.

Deleted User - 3853873

Sorry I read that wrong.I thought you meant red could get to mill faster.Now I see what you are saying about the wagon and pond blocking los.I agree remove the wagon.

DeletedUser36559

Agreed, also the gate between the saloon and bank should be moved 1 to the left otherwise we can't hit saloon/bank while standing on the corner.