Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please consider how many adventures someone has played when making teams. I was teamed with 4 newbies, 2 of them were playing for the first time and 2 of them had played 2-3 games, one of which went inactive in the 3rd round after he moved to the centre of the map.

Zuluski

Why not increase the rewards of other parts of the game like fort fights to counter the migration of players to adventures instead of decreasing the rewards from adventures?

I would first fix the issue with the people leaving the game as this has the biggest impact on the outcome of battles before i would touch anything else. Secondly i would look at fixing the balancing of the teams as right now, the in game lvl based system of choosing teams simply does not make sense considering that hp is the major factor in 5 a side battles and guns giving additional hp make a mockery of a player lvl based system.

Next thing is the issue of the drop of the social aspect of the game. Having spoken with the friends i have in the game, I have not noticed less interaction, less town chat, or drop in other activities among people i know. It has to do with personal preferences and choices. If a person wants to be the first to get the new available items, then he or she will play adventures 16 hours per day and neglect other aspects of the game.

It all has to do with choices, INNO has given us all another additional way to spend our time in The West but how one distributes their time among all available activities remains the choice of an individual.

Lastly, suggesting to decrease the drop rates of the rewards that you already have Pty, is a bit selfish in my opinion.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36011

I was campaigning to have the rewards changed since day 1, well before I had any of the items. What I saw then remains valid for now, irrespective of what items I have obtained.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zuluski

since day 1 you were against being able to buy xp potions to be exact (with which i agree 100%) and not decreasing the drop rate of outlaw items.

DeletedUser

They can be defeated if the opposite team plays well, but how often do you get a team of all actives who know what they are doing? Other than that, the only time I see the event reward guns losing is when there's another in the other team or there's a disconnect/afk in the weapon guy's team.

How about we put a counter next to a player's name in the 'select skill' screen that tells how many games he has played. This can be visible to the other team, or hidden, either way is fun. It's a fun way to keep score and compete and you also know who knows his stuff and who needs to be explained in the game.

Deleted User - 3853873

They can be defeated if the opposite team plays well, but how often do you get a team of all actives who know what they are doing? Other than that, the only time I see the event reward guns losing is when there's another in the other team or there's a disconnect/afk in the weapon guy's team.

How about we put a counter next to a player's name in the 'select skill' screen that tells how many games he has played. This can be visible to the other team, or hidden, either way is fun. It's a fun way to keep score and compete and you also know who knows his stuff and who needs to be explained in the game.
LOL dude I totaly disagree with you about the op weapons.I have been on many teams that have beat certain players with those weapons.Just because they had the real money to spend to get it,does not mean they know how to play the game lol.Their is couple guys that have those weapons and they play worse than a guy with a shop rifle.They wander around lol thinking they can kill anyone and end up losing the game cause they dont relize need buildings to win I guesss or they just think they will win lol.So it is very possible to beat those guys,the reason most games are lost is cause always some idiot that thinks you need 3 buildings to win and ends up costing your team a close win.It takes so many rounds to even get to a building plus some many rounds to get it and wish people relize that and keep what they have lol and win.

DeletedUser

What is going on with the chests??
Won 10 games today and about same yesterday and got no loot chest.

Is that a bug or only a logical suite after increasing cost to 5000 vp and reducing drop rates to <20%.

So Inno howes me 4 chests ;)

DeletedUser35520

How often.. nice question. here is one again then:

http://prntscr.com/4xtvdc

they can be beaten on occasion, but more so than not, its either due to their team having a DC or user error. The big guns are nice, but if the wielder does not know how to make them work for their team strategically, then they are just heavy damage dealers. That is an advantage, but one that can be overcome

DeletedUser36011

100% agree, I've found quite a few with good guns that seem to not have the nous to use them yet properly :)

DeletedUser

LOL dude I totaly disagree with you about the op weapons.I have been on many teams that have beat certain players with those weapons.Just because they had the real money to spend to get it,does not mean they know how to play the game lol.Their is couple guys that have those weapons and they play worse than a guy with a shop rifle.They wander around lol thinking they can kill anyone and end up losing the game cause they dont relize need buildings to win I guesss or they just think they will win lol.So it is very possible to beat those guys,the reason most games are lost is cause always some idiot that thinks you need 3 buildings to win and ends up costing your team a close win.It takes so many rounds to even get to a building plus some many rounds to get it and wish people relize that and keep what they have lol and win.

This is true but it still means the the wielders of those guns are OP in advs. They have more than 5k HP and still do an average of 500 damage per shot (like one of the regular players who posts here regularly, but I will not name :p) against 300-350 of other lvl 100+ players. If you have to depend on the weapon holder to wander around to win, it kind of proves the point.

Anny, I've beaten teams using those weapons too, many times. I am not saying it doesn't happen. The point is that it makes the game unbalanced. If it's someone who has it and knows how to play (like say, Pty), then you will most likely not win even with a team full of active members unless the other team has a dc/afk/new guy/not a team player or someone who goes about playing his own game not listening to team.

Those weapon holders deserve to enjoy this advantage in battles, they have paid a lot of RL money to get those weapons. But the teams need more balancing, like matching them with another prem gun holder or the other team having a little level advantage.

DeletedUser36559

Event guns can be beaten, not impossible but just harder to beat. If your team is experienced and all plays properly then you can win. However if the event gun guy does not utilize his team players and his gun efficiently and strategically then it's unlikely they will win.

DeletedUser

I'm encountering players who "leave" the game as soon as it starts. They don't get disconnected, they use the "leave" option. My last game was a 4v4 and one the of players left before we even finished placement. There was no reason to feel the urge to "ragequit". He was back after about 15 minutes, probably to check if the adv was over, and he left again immediately. This is a clear case of people trying to get VP without any effort and wasting precious time of other players. I'd like to see a system to report these type of players. Also, like I posted a few days ago, you shouldn't get any VP at all for ragequitting, even if you have genuine reason to do so (which happens rarely).

If we try so save our own time by leaving before the game starts when we see the same players in our team again, we are penalized by not being able to play adventures for hours.

DeletedUser

I'm encountering players who "leave" the game as soon as it starts. They don't get disconnected, they use the "leave" option. My last game was a 4v4 and one the of players left before we even finished placement. There was no reason to feel the urge to "ragequit". He was back after about 15 minutes, probably to check if the adv was over, and he left again immediately. This is a clear case of people trying to get VP without any effort and wasting precious time of other players. I'd like to see a system to report these type of players. Also, like I posted a few days ago, you shouldn't get any VP at all for ragequitting, even if you have genuine reason to do so (which happens rarely).

If we try so save our own time by leaving before the game starts when we see the same players in our team again, we are penalized by not being able to play adventures for hours.

I don't know, I've probably been fortunate, and have not had too many battles recently where a player on either team was disconnected for the majority of the battle. It was a big problem the first couple of days though. That being said, I see no problem with setting a minimum number of rounds that a player has to be 'connected' to gain the Veteran Points for the battle ( say 50% of the rounds played ). That should help with any abuse of the system.

I don't see why anyone would purposely disconnect for the entire battle anyway as they are pretty much guaranteeing a loss ( though I've been on teams that have overcome it ) which means no chest drop and usually very few Veteran Points as the other team usually has no problems holding two buildings for most of the battle.

p.s. The part I dislike is when I've waited for 5 minutes in the queue for a battle and get to the saloon. Then someone in saloon chat starts arguing about a teammates weapon / skill selection and then bails on the battle throwing everyone back in the queue again. At least in that case you get a restart, but if you have to kill another couple of minutes sometimes before getting to play.

p.s.s. So next battle after writing this reply and it happened to the other side. Player made one move and left. Feel bad for the other team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

While most people are talking about players leaving the game.. I think that people leaving adventure before its started should not be penalised in a heavy way, even if it's abused. Yes, really. This is what I encountered in an adventure a few minutes ago. There was a unarmed guy in our team (ratte), and there was MISS ELKO, who is infamous in most parts for roaming around the pond, watching the trees, trying to jump the fence, etc.

Here is our experience with the unarmed guy.

[20:48] Anny Hudson:
[20:48] TheJonismo: wipe your tears
[20:48] Anny Hudson: elko, come with us to the mill
[20:49] ratte: o go saloon
[20:49] ratte: i go saloon
[20:49] TheJonismo: elko to mill
[20:50] Anny Hudson: now you will realise why I'm crying
[20:50] Anny Hudson: lost case.. folks
[20:50] leekeynuts: maybe we should shot him
[20:51] TheJonismo: its ok
[20:51] Anny Hudson: ratte at least get the saloon for us..
[20:51] ratte: ??
[20:51] ratte: why?
[20:52] Anny Hudson:
[20:52] Anny Hudson: its not ours yet
[20:52] leekeynuts: wow
[20:52] Anny Hudson: 2/3
[20:53] ratte: ??
[20:53] TheJonismo: aaaarrgghhh
[20:53] Anny Hudson: step on the white tiles
[20:53] ratte: why?
[20:53] TheJonismo: saloon is white no points to us
[20:54] TheJonismo: it has to change red
[20:54] ratte: but its funny going one step next du it

He clearly said 'I go saloon', and he knows the drill. He went to the saloon, stood there for 2 rounds, and left it, just stood next to it. Saying it's fun. Now isn't that a punishment to play with those sort of guys? And of course.. yes Miss elko kept watching the fishes in the pond, and we were doomed. I strongly recommend a blacklisting system, where a guy will be blacklisted (if all the people in his team blacklists him/her) and will not be able to play for a few hours.. thus not wasting people's time. Or just make it possible to leave the game before it starts without much penalty. All in all, we do not want our time and energy to be wasted because of people like miss elko or ratte.

DeletedUser

I don't see why anyone would purposely disconnect for the entire battle anyway as they are pretty much guaranteeing a loss ( though I've been on teams that have overcome it ) which means no chest drop and usually very few Veteran Points as the other team usually has no problems holding two buildings for most of the battle.

Because they don't have to spend a single minute playing the adventure!!! They can simply leave it and get on with the main game and get points for free. And it doesn't mean very few veteran points. Even with one guy out, the other 3 or 4 will do what they can and get 100-150 VPs which the quitter guy will get for no effort at all!

jojok

While most people are talking about players leaving the game.. I think that people leaving adventure before its started should not be penalised in a heavy way, even if it's abused. Yes, really. This is what I encountered in an adventure a few minutes ago. There was a unarmed guy in our team (ratte), and there was MISS ELKO, who is infamous in most parts for roaming around the pond, watching the trees, trying to jump the fence, etc.

Here is our experience with the unarmed guy.

[20:48] Anny Hudson:
[20:48] TheJonismo: wipe your tears
[20:48] Anny Hudson: elko, come with us to the mill
[20:49] ratte: o go saloon
[20:49] ratte: i go saloon
[20:49] TheJonismo: elko to mill
[20:50] Anny Hudson: now you will realise why I'm crying
[20:50] Anny Hudson: lost case.. folks
[20:50] leekeynuts: maybe we should shot him
[20:51] TheJonismo: its ok
[20:51] Anny Hudson: ratte at least get the saloon for us..
[20:51] ratte: ??
[20:51] ratte: why?
[20:52] Anny Hudson:
[20:52] Anny Hudson: its not ours yet
[20:52] leekeynuts: wow
[20:52] Anny Hudson: 2/3
[20:53] ratte: ??
[20:53] TheJonismo: aaaarrgghhh
[20:53] Anny Hudson: step on the white tiles
[20:53] ratte: why?
[20:53] TheJonismo: saloon is white no points to us
[20:54] TheJonismo: it has to change red
[20:54] ratte: but its funny going one step next du it

He clearly said 'I go saloon', and he knows the drill. He went to the saloon, stood there for 2 rounds, and left it, just stood next to it. Saying it's fun. Now isn't that a punishment to play with those sort of guys? And of course.. yes Miss elko kept watching the fishes in the pond, and we were doomed. I strongly recommend a blacklisting system, where a guy will be blacklisted (if all the people in his team blacklists him/her) and will not be able to play for a few hours.. thus not wasting people's time. Or just make it possible to leave the game before it starts without much penalty. All in all, we do not want our time and energy to be wasted because of people like miss elko or ratte.

its kind of spy enemy will send it :D

DeletedUser36559

I've had the same exact problem as Anny where people refuse to follow orders outright while wasting mine and other team members time which is why I came up with the idea of vote to kick but obviously yes it will deter them from ever playing again, blacklisting will have the exact same effect.

DeletedUser4623

I have not been able to log on at all in the adventures. It keeps saying "connection could not be established, try again later.
been trying for week and a half now.
Suggestions?