Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser36559

Just lock it all down. You enter the adventure with 3000HP, no matter what you are wearing, every gun does 250 damage, no matter what you actually equip, your dodge/aim chances are exactly x, modified by distance or whatever, then you let it all be about the play and teamwork...

I keep thinking about chess. Everyone starts off with the exact same pieces, it's their skill that dictates who wins, nothing else.

Only problem is the luck factor, if one player in your team is 1 round too late or goes afk that's enough to lose the entire game.

DeletedUser

Two things:

1.It would be really nice if for reaching final achievement (100 adventures played), we would get some small reward like 1 loot chest.

2. Probably everyone noticed that despite super fast reflexes and good internet connection, some players always queue their commands first. Every time! So i did some testing and found the way do it pretty fast. You can very easily skip watching movement phase and immediately queue your commands.
Practically, while others are watching movement phase, you already have your commands queued thus making it possible to shoot or move first. If there was any question of unbalanced things, this totally confirms it.

DeletedUser

Just lock it all down. You enter the adventure with 3000HP, no matter what you are wearing, every gun does 250 damage, no matter what you actually equip, your dodge/aim chances are exactly x, modified by distance or whatever, then you let it all be about the play and teamwork...

That will remove the possibility of playing with different strategies. Using guns with strength give you more HP but give you a penalty to hit/dodge. Using guns with dexterity but not strength (like Hamage's) give you little health but nice damage bonus. Different styles, different strategies, different game-plays. Unifying everything will make it boring.

It would be really nice if for reaching final achievement (100 adventures played), we would get some small reward like 1 loot chest.

Those achievements already give you a reward, bonus VP points. the achievements don't show that but if you keep an eye on your VP bank, you'll notice it. They give 50 VPs as reward.

Last edited by a moderator:

jojok

NEW BIG trouble We have in adv are VP stealer's
some player join and dont play and get disconect for free vp :|

DeletedUser

Yeah. Many players are absent from the beginning. They don't even bother to select skills. If they clicked on "Ready" within 30 seconds before the select skill screen, they can't be afk.

Players shouldn't be given any VP if they were kicked due to inactivity or if they quit after game started using the "Leave" option. I know this can happen because someone had to actually leave (or they had genuine reason to ragequit), but the probability of that happening is much less than the abuse some players are doing.

For someone disconnected, it can actually happen so I guess the game can check how much they actually played, or how many rounds they were online like it checks in FFs. If someone was disconnected for only a few seconds and came back and played, he shouldn't be penalized. While if someone was disconnected for most of the game, he should be.

EDIT: A bug that doesn't affect gameplay. If you change guns a few seconds before joining queue, it doesn't show in the select skill screen. However, in the battle you wield the gun you selected.

DeletedUser36559

EDIT: A bug that doesn't affect gameplay. If you change guns a few seconds before joining queue, it doesn't show in the select skill screen. However, in the battle you wield the gun you selected.

Yeah, had a bear quipped in the skill selection but had already changed the gun and everyone was going mad :D

DeletedUser30224

Yeah. Many players are absent from the beginning. They don't even bother to select skills. If they clicked on "Ready" within 30 seconds before the select skill screen, they can't be afk.

Had an adventure like that today. I'm undecided whether it was intentional or not, and I do not remember that player's name. Maybe we should keep a track of them :p

DeletedUser29831

Fafer, how do you skip movement phase? No matter what I do, I don't move before nearly everyone else

asdf124

I keep thinking about chess. Everyone starts off with the exact same pieces, it's their skill that dictates who wins, nothing else.

But, who moves first supraxus?

Would it be the same as adventures, the first person to hit the button goes?

http://i.imgur.com/XqqX8Ly.jpg

Here is your proof orgo.

I found another kinda cheat if the guns were a factor, the player would just simply equip a scythe or nothing and than change it in lobby.

They had one player with the greatest weapon and anotheer with a weapon which added his hp to almosst 4k. trying to fight that needs a great strategy, winning against it is pretty tough but not impossible.

DeletedUser

Fafer, how do you skip movement phase? No matter what I do, I don't move before nearly everyone else

well, i'm kinda puzzled a bit now. at my work PC i have no problems skipping it on Chrome but some actions are needed every turn. on Firefox it's even easier, almost automatic when something is done at start of game.
but at my home PC, on Chrome, i can't reproduce it yet.

let me test a bit more.

DeletedUser36559

I've tried skipping the movement phase but there's no way of skipping it and somehow people have already selected all their movements during the movement phase so my enemies always tend me hit me first and move out the way before I can hit them.

DeletedUser

The skills tab goes away during the action phase. I'm puzzled by how anyone can select skills and set actions while that is happening. Only when it is over and the planning phase starts again, the skills tab comes back and I can select them.

DeletedUser

The skills tab goes away during the action phase. I'm puzzled by how anyone can select skills and set actions while that is happening. Only when it is over and the planning phase starts again, the skills tab comes back and I can select them.

it's not that. trick is to interrupt action phase. like when it starts, you interrupt it (by trick i won't reveal yet until i'm 100% sure to reproduce it anywhere), and in 1 second all actions take place for you and you can immediately set your commands while everyone else is still watching action phase.

DeletedUser

Fafer, if this is true then it comes in the category of bugs and exploits and the "trick" is an exploit which is against the rules.

asdf124

Fafer, if this is true then it comes in the category of bugs and exploits and the "trick" is an exploit which is against the rules.

But I did see other players set their movement somehow, after moving one step, they set up another right after action phase.

DeletedUser36011

After a week of adventures, I think it is a good time to summarise where we are at with them and how I see things I guess.

Adventures in a general sense of the word are a great addition to the game, they are something to do when there is nothing else to do in the game. A great way to kill any downtime if you have it. Thank you for the new feature. However there are several things which need working on in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These range from the afk person almost single handedly ruining his teams chances of success in an adventure. If the afk person would somehow revert to tan AI after 2 rounds of inactivity, then that said afk person would not impede his own team nearly as much. You can win with an afk person, but it is nigh on impossible unless the other team is a complete shambles of teamwork.

On that token, people complain about the event winners' guns. 'These are unbeatable, they are this, they are that', they are not unbeatable by any means, they are hard to beat but only if you are unable to work as a team with a clear, intelligent and coherent strategy with everyone on-board then of course you will not win. This is no different than a normal game within reason where solid teamwork and strategy is needed, just the difficulty level rises a little against an 'op' gun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are lots of small features that should be implemented too in my mind
-Reflect adventures on the ingame stats page. Total number, amount of vp's earnt, amount of wins etc etc

-Give us an ingame report like you would get for a market purchase, or a duel. This way you can analyse the report by yourself or with a friend. This way you can figure out how to try to refine what kind of adventure set up you would like to use.

- The chat problem you have if you close the chat box mid adventure. If you close the chat box mid adventure you lose any whispers, or previous chat rooms if you attempt to open the chat box up again.

- The ability to maybe get in and out of adventures easier to monitor other things you have ingame. Not sure how this one would work, but it would also be nice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now though the person with the fastest connection does best in adventures usually, this is a good thing and a bad thing in some case. Maybe it could be worked to have the first person to click gets their first action performed first and then everyone else gets theirs, and then we proceed with the second action. Again very minor though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the biggest concern of mine though, the rewards system and the ability to do an adventure over and over and over again. The rewards are just too high if you have the ability, like I do, to just sit there and do the adventures over and over. This has a couple problems in my mind. You get easy cash, easy xp. Sure some people will stop a little as soon as some of the polish of the new 'play thing' wears off and most get parts of the outlaw set.

Them doing them over and over still has a couple detractors, the first being it kills off any social element the game has because we are all too busy in adventure chats getting all our awesome rewards to worry about what is going on in our alliance, our towns or in the saloons. FF attendances are also down, not sure if we are wanting to hinder FF's here but we are doing a really good job at it on our own as players without help from Inno Games developers ;)

As adventures are right now, you only have to be online to do well in the game, there is no skill, no account management, no time management that needs doing because the rewards system is flawed. You just have to be online to get loads of xp, loads of cash. If you want to reward the person who can be online the most, they probably should have some sort of account management skill whilst they are at it. This is of course if you want to reward stupidity, then I am completely mistaken and we can leave it as it is currently. When a person was online all day with job to get xp, they had to have some sort of management skill, be it buffs for HP/energy etc etc.

What would I suggest we do to counter this, actually have the person who has that ability to sit online doing adventures for 16h a day not rewarded to the extent it is now. Tie in the rewards from adventures to other parts of the game, give us duel buffs, fort buffs, job buffs. A game with less independent parts allows us to experience more elements and more parts of the game. I'd also remove the damn potions and lower the drop rates of outlaw items in the loot chests(or make them more costly). We don't want people to stop doing adventures, I just think we don't want them to only do adventures.

I think that is it :D