Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The person who selects the skill in the planning phase first shoots in the execution stage first. If RED moved and shot before BLUE moved at all, it was because the RED guy selected both skills before the BLUE guy selected the move skill.

but that's not what official help page says!

some of those players make their moves/shots so fast, i can even react and i'm super fast when issueing commands with good internet connection.

are there keyboard shortcuts for commands? can you issue commands while execution phase is still in progress?

EDIT: and does mojo bonus works in that adventure? if it does, it just might not be completely useless...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1693871

The person who selects the skill in the planning phase first shoots in the execution stage first. If RED moved and shot before BLUE moved at all, it was because the RED guy selected both skills before the BLUE guy selected the move skill.

Problem with that, of course, is that the guys with the best connections and least lag will always be able to move earlier, using that system.

Deleted User - 3853873

well, Regnal, Duck on Quack, me and one other player just won pretty clean fight (35:25) and i was carrying a bear and was only doing healing and inspiring. we had no special guns expect 1 outlaw's gun and opposite team had one hank's revolver on player with 7000 hp. everything else was standard (gear and hp).

bad balance, luck or tactics? there were no afks/disconnects and both teams played ok.
Honestly to fix something like this from happening,wouldnt be to hard on innos part as other online games that have pvp playing all they have to do is make it when you que have a pop up say no cant que wrong weapon euipped,then you couldnt que until you replaced the watch,teddy bear or pillow what ever and if you dont have a rifle euipped will say same thing no you cant que until right weapon euipped.its been that way for years on a different pvp game.it always reminded me if i had wrong set on before i did pvp. I mean i played a different american game for over 8 years and this game is copying most of what it had lol,tombolas,holiday quest and everything and now we are geting into pvp part of the game and think lot people on the west have never really played a pvp game lol.it will never be balanced even 8 years from now lol.all they can do is try to get close to it and one thing inno may not know going this direction will be a constant headache from complaints from pvp lol,but it is a fun game lol.just needs more maps to play on and a way to either kick players or have them on a ban list,maybe report button during game so a gm can see if it was cause of a noob or just someone griefing everyone for hell of it.nothing wrong we all been noobs but peeps doing crap on purpose should be ban from playing and geting rewarded for bad behavior.

DeletedUser36026

The game is unbalanced. It favors high level players (6000+ HP) and high powered guns. Any ridiculous anecdotes about players unarmed or with Bears is just not believable.

You label critiques like mine as "whining" to help justify your own nugget munching methods and the whole quasi-Ponzi scheme that is The West 2.0 and to dismiss any kind of objection.

Man I wish 2009-2010 The West was still around...

I do believe they are whining. You do not need a op tombola gun to do well in this game.
See fafer's post.
I will just leave it at that.

DeletedUser

Problem with that, of course, is that the guys with the best connections and least lag will always be able to move earlier, using that system.

That is true FC, but that's the system in almost all MMOs with real time pvp content. Someone has to move first. You can't base it on everyone playing their first skill before letting anyone play their second skill because most of the time there's someone who's disconnected or afk or someone who simply doesn't bother. Moving/shooting first is a strategic advantage in this game and I don't think the devs will remove it because some of us have slower internet.

PS: I'm on a relatively slow connection too and I end up moving/shooting later if it gets to a 1 on 1 situation.

asdf124

Did you try leaving and coming back? Or refreshing?

Yes, that is the first thing I tried. It used to work at first, but now it doesn't.

I mean without it being like that, it used to work fine. It used to show the pathing and the sectors, but now it doesn't.

Deleted User - 3853873

whats wrong with that beside cross hairs missing,looks like in chat why you all got beat bad.they had more hp and you all tried soloing your own guy instead of double teaming them?i can see all the building just not the sectors,but we played enough to know .dont need to see the crosshairs as long as you can click and move.Just asking not sure what you mean by your post.doesnt look like really a bug and danishdelight explained in chat why a loss.

DeletedUser36182

Here's my 2 cents worth on the new pvp sub-game...
The only glitches I've encountered is that a few times the map scroll gets stuck [When i attempt to schedule an action, the map just moves around with the mouse instead causing a need to refresh mid game], and naturally LAG even though I have a good connection and more than ample machine to play on. Sometimes 2 rounds may go by before anything updates on screen.
The drop rate for loot boxes surely can't be 20%. After approx 140 games I've rec'd 3 drops. Either I'm incredibly unlucky or someone's math is screwy.
The balance of sides is way off but it hasn't prevented the weaker side from winning on occasion. It's a little discouraging when some pay-to-win player comes in with their overpowered weapons dealing 500-600 damage when the avg is closer to 275-350. Even though the player level average is reasonably balanced, the hp isn't. So there are many more factors to be considered in the matchmaking process than are being addressed. My last pet peeve for the moment is the disconnects or failure to connect, perhaps ping should be factored into the matchmaking process as well. I think if a player fails to connect or disconnects then the closest matching player on the opposite team should be disabled from moving or shooting until teams are even again. The disabled player could still remain in game and rec' end rewards.
It's a good idea in premise and is certainly more entertaining than watching it pound a stick in the ground, but it needs serious work and additional maps to hold my interest.

DeletedUser35120

The game is unbalanced. It favors high level players (6000+ HP) and high powered guns. Any ridiculous anecdotes about players unarmed or with Bears is just not believable.

Doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. if you don't believe, it's only your view. And that you don't believe it doesn't make the thing a lie.

To add to that, I've been in 2 eventful games today. On my side, there were all normal guns, one even had a modified percussion rifle without any bonuses. The other side had 2 Hank's revolver's with both of them high level, about 5.5k hp. Hopeless situation, huh? We won 35:22. I shouldn't care if you believe it or not, but still. Ask the guy who was on the other side, AshkanImmortal.

Next, .atmaca. and his special gun - dragon rifle in a side with 3 other people, vs 4 of us. To make it even more worse, we had a njub, who seemed to be playing for the other side, even. She did not step on the mill, she hid behind the tree, watched the pond, and then was shot down by .atmaca. . Result? We WON : 35:31. You may ask garth if it is true or not.

After all this, you may say it we are all fabricating stuffs and wasting our time typing lies here rather than using the time playing the precious adventures.

I do agree guns give you an edge, and those guns in a clever hand may just be unstoppable. But so far, as i've seen.. all those that held the special guns are mostly njubs. Yes I say that. So there's always a chance to win with the right tactic.

DeletedUser

True Anny. But i also notice that the more time passes, those "normally geared" players won't stand a chance against special guns as everybody learns.
And even greater danger is having players getting bored with adventures and not attempting at all unless something is changed. By talking to lots of them, general feeling is: not pleased.

DeletedUser

The problem is that the game cannot consider what guns people are wielding to make matches, because it can be changed after the team is selected. Currently the game only makes teams based on player levels, but it is actually their guns that decide the outcome since they are the basis for health, damage, hit/dodge chance. It is true that guns alone do not decide the match as has been showed in the above posts, player participation and team work matter more. But in a scenario where every player is active, ultimately the bigger guns win.

DeletedUser20688

I do believe they are whining. You do not need a op tombola gun to do well in this game.
See fafer's post.
I will just leave it at that.

Ok so since we are using personal anecdotes as evidence and fact I'll place mine here. Every single time playing a character under level 100 on a team of 4-5 people facing even one premium weapon including the following in my experience: Stormcaller, Steam powered rifle, Manitu Bow and the Dragon rifle - my team of regular playing adventurer was decimated. Every time. It's also my assertion that those players tend to be 145+ level. So they have hit points approaching 6000 if not more. They are also impossible to kill with 3-4 teammates actively supporting said toon.

You have two cases were somehow one team member was not armed or carrying a bear - still don't trust those accounts at all. That only tells me that someone on the opposite team was kicked out, rage quit, or the overall levels of both teams teams were just low. So good for you I guess - must be nice.

Otherwise, I need hard visual evidence to believe that a team of 4 players of typical level spreads has one player with no weapon or a Bear and defeats a team, consistently, that is similar but with one of the above premium weapons.

Doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. if you don't believe, it's only your view. And that you don't believe it doesn't make the thing a lie.

To add to that, I've been in 2 eventful games today. On my side, there were all normal guns, one even had a modified percussion rifle without any bonuses. The other side had 2 Hank's revolver's with both of them high level, about 5.5k hp. Hopeless situation, huh? We won 35:22. I shouldn't care if you believe it or not, but still. Ask the guy who was on the other side, AshkanImmortal.

Next, .atmaca. and his special gun - dragon rifle in a side with 3 other people, vs 4 of us. To make it even more worse, we had a njub, who seemed to be playing for the other side, even. She did not step on the mill, she hid behind the tree, watched the pond, and then was shot down by .atmaca. . Result? We WON : 35:31. You may ask garth if it is true or not.

After all this, you may say it we are all fabricating stuffs and wasting our time typing lies here rather than using the time playing the precious adventures.

I do agree guns give you an edge, and those guns in a clever hand may just be unstoppable. But so far, as i've seen.. all those that held the special guns are mostly njubs. Yes I say that. So there's always a chance to win with the right tactic.

Thanks Anny. Please look at my posts. I never once called anyone a liar. Second, thank for your stories but they have nothing to do with my assertions. I suppose you're the "Anny" in xalita's sig come to help your buddy out. Good show.

Thanks at least for not neg repping me like your buddy did. I certainly won't stoop to that level.

Edit: so much for that...

DeletedUser

You think with all the time and effort they put in to developing this Adventure, they could have at least produced a tutorial video of a complete game played by the Devs showing things like selecting skills, standing on rings, etc. It could help with some of the misunderstanding of the rules.

Other than that, it has been fun so far. On occasion frustrating. But if you are dealt a bad hand, it is a short time, so just try to get as many points as possible.

djogani

I would like to see a tutorial on this adventures, so I can share it with my noobish teammates when I encounter 'em, so they can improve...

DeletedUser

I'll refer back to my post 10 pages ago (maybe it was 6, lost count):

Just make everyone exactly equal in every way; HP, damage, hit chance, dodge chance... That's the only way to let the adventure be even and let the players/teams use their skills to decide who wins. It's just not that hard.

asdf124

Just make everyone exactly equal in every way; HP, damage, hit chance, dodge chance... That's the only way to let the adventure be even and let the players/teams use their skills to decide who wins. It's just not that hard.

well, than, all would actually might rely on luck.

But the real question is, what if they become experience enough?

what happens then is simply gonna be unfair play.

But I do agree that these things happen...... I just hope it doesn't happen too often. I remember fighting two peeps with the special weapon as well.

I'll take a screenshot to make my reply seem more credible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This cannot be done with the current system because you can change the guns after the teams are made which will change the HP, damage, hit/dodge chance, etc.

DeletedUser

Just lock it all down. You enter the adventure with 3000HP, no matter what you are wearing, every gun does 250 damage, no matter what you actually equip, your dodge/aim chances are exactly x, modified by distance or whatever, then you let it all be about the play and teamwork...

I keep thinking about chess. Everyone starts off with the exact same pieces, it's their skill that dictates who wins, nothing else.