Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser36559

I've played against people with event rifles and I've won some and lost some it's not necessarily an automatic loss as long as your team is experienced and all work together. I've had peeps in my team who simple head for bank when they respawn near saloon and vice versa and that's when you'll start losing since the enemies will respawn, corner you and kill you in bank. People trying to do their own thing is what makes it difficult to win a certain game. Trust me it does get annoying when peeps don't know what to do and they STILL don't follow simple orders such as 'run around bank and try to avoid being killed'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3853873

this is reply to asdf124 The one you won with a dc player is as you said because you had a team mate that probaly had a wining tombola weapon on them.thats where the unbalanced part of the game come into play.with 95% of the games tho probaly its all normal players and if someone dc then almost always a lost.Hell those guys with weapons like steampunk could probaly win almost by them selves lol.But that isnt always going to happen almost all games will have players with normal weapons and you need all the players in the game to win. and as for replays lol,the game is already to much of a drain on some peeps pcs now you want show the video of your fight for braging rights lol are you little vain. thier is programs out there you can record your pc screen and put it on a seperate page then link your fight in chat to that page and maybe someone will watch it lol,me personally i dont want watch someone elses 15 minute fight lol. I would much rather inno work on making new maps so we have new areas to battle then work on some ranking system or video of fight to link. Not sure you know but end of each fight thier is a stat page thier you can see your damage and others and if you hit a friendly or not and more info on that? And Micky is right most losses are because of players doing thier own thing than working together as a team,most the wins I get is what he said when other team doesnt listen and 2 peeps head for saloon or bank then they are behind in points right from the start.

DeletedUser36026

I am enjoying my adventures, even when I am joined up with people wearing pocket watches, and teddy bears.
Quite honestly, i was surprised by 1 player. He was level 6 and joined without a weapon equipped. He out played and out lasted the other team all together. Once he captured the bank, he took the saloon too, while the rest of us were engaged at the mill. Its planning and simply knowing where to move, how to evade and when to heal. Just witnessing how he played...all of that whining about OP Tombola weapons is just that. Whining.

As for my complaints..the overlay of the windmill on top of the shed makes it really hard to see the grid space underneath to select the proper tile. A nice to have would be a toggle to display specific building, or not display them at all. Or simply reduce the height of the Windmill to avoid the multiple layers.

DeletedUser4357

I must make a correction.

First i want to say i am sorry for my aggressive and hard talking in my last answer. i was so sad and very disappointed and i spoke in that way.

Today my team (5 members) fought against some other team that they had 2 special players (we had no one like usually). Those 2 special players had +10500 hp together (we had around 15000 ALL together), one of those players crit like hell too (470-600 his shots). BUT WE WON :) In our desperation (we was sure that we will loose) we acted "free and wild" , enemies was sure for their superiority and didnt think the proper strategy to won us (not to kill us).

Sure the game MUST PROVIDE better equipment to all players so we dont feel so weak and bad. Game must CORRECT the balance between players.If players feels that this game is unfair then will not play...
BUT i am sure now that special players can loose from simple players, ONLY if simple players play like team.

asdf124

this is reply to asdf124 The one you won with a dc player is as you said because you had a team mate that probaly had a wining tombola weapon on them.thats where the unbalanced part of the game come into play.with 95% of the games tho probaly its all normal players and if someone dc then almost always a lost.Hell those guys with weapons like steampunk could probaly win almost by them selves lol.But that isnt always going to happen almost all games will have players with normal weapons and you need all the players in the game to win. and as for replays lol,the game is already to much of a drain on some peeps pcs now you want show the video of your fight for braging rights lol are you little vain. thier is programs out there you can record your pc screen and put it on a seperate page then link your fight in chat to that page and maybe someone will watch it lol,me personally i dont want watch someone elses 15 minute fight lol. I would much rather inno work on making new maps so we have new areas to battle then work on some ranking system or video of fight to link. Not sure you know but end of each fight thier is a stat page thier you can see your damage and others and if you hit a friendly or not and more info on that? And Micky is right most losses are because of players doing thier own thing than working together as a team,most the wins I get is what he said when other team doesnt listen and 2 peeps head for saloon or bank then they are behind in points right from the start.

It isn't only for bragging rights, but also to know what you messed up and learn from it. Replaying things can also show you mistakes made by the other team.

I feel a report is needed too....... Just so that you can simply keep track on things and not only for bragging rights.

Well, a lot of losses is due to lack of team work but sometimes you simply can't compete due to the other teams experience and better equipment.

Making it more complex might make it difficult for new players but it also makes it more interesting and entertaining.

Deleted User - 3853873

one thing that can be fun playing these is even if other team is a over matched in stam and weapons,you can go different places and confuse them sometimes and they mess up and you win lol.tho whole thing to me about winning these is team work,if you work together you dont mess up and sooner or later other team does and if its close you win.

DeletedUser

Just reload your browser. Seems to sort out the problem with most players.

Nope, reloaded a million times. I have yet to be able to connect. Of course I haven't downloaded Firefox or anything and I'm using Explorer. Sure would be nice to actually take part and I don't know, finish a quest line.

Deleted User - 3853873

Nope, reloaded a million times. I have yet to be able to connect. Of course I haven't downloaded Firefox or anything and I'm using Explorer. Sure would be nice to actually take part and I don't know, finish a quest line.
Ya use firefox or chrome,I use both.I like firefox but had probs connecting in fort battles ,so use chrome for that and I connect allthe time with it.havent used explorer in years it has to much extra junk on it you dont need and that is why the other two browsers are faster and better in my opinion.give it a try see if that fixes it.:)

DeletedUser37082

My adventures window closes and nothing happens soon as timer reaches 0?!?

DeletedUser

well, Regnal, Duck on Quack, me and one other player just won pretty clean fight (35:25) and i was carrying a bear and was only doing healing and inspiring. we had no special guns expect 1 outlaw's gun and opposite team had one hank's revolver on player with 7000 hp. everything else was standard (gear and hp).

bad balance, luck or tactics? there were no afks/disconnects and both teams played ok.

jojok

hi
pls set a black list in adv, for exmp i dont want be with 5 players in a team , they dont see the chat and dont do what we want , we always lose with them and all cuse of them for dont do orders ,
i see them in a team with me im leaving but leave sistem to harmfull for me after 3 or 4 time i can join a battle for 1 H pls changing it too

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes there has to be some kind of rating system to keep the "naughty" ones in check. This is a team game and one player can spoil the fun for everyone else. The ones on the winning side don't complain but it is boring to win without much effort.

Also as jojok said, leaving a match disallows you from playing for some time but this is supposed to be to prevent people frequently quitting and disturbing the setups. 15 minutes is enough to stop that. If a player leaves because he doesn't want to waste 17 minutes knowing he's teamed with people who don't play as a team, then he gets replaced anyway. He shouldn't be made to wait hours before he can play again.

Say someone has to leave for about 5 minutes after the "select skill" screen has appeared. He would figure that he doesn't want to wait for 2 hours when he comes back after 5 mins, so he'll just stay in the game and let his team play with a man short. If the penalty is shorter, he would leave the game and let someone else take his place.

DeletedUser20688

I am enjoying my adventures, even when I am joined up with people wearing pocket watches, and teddy bears.
Quite honestly, i was surprised by 1 player. He was level 6 and joined without a weapon equipped. He out played and out lasted the other team all together. Once he captured the bank, he took the saloon too, while the rest of us were engaged at the mill. Its planning and simply knowing where to move, how to evade and when to heal. Just witnessing how he played...all of that whining about OP Tombola weapons is just that. Whining.

This is a fabrication. Simple as that.

DeletedUser36026

This is a fabrication. Simple as that.
You were not there. It happened.

Hmmm:
well, Regnal, Duck on Quack, me and one other player just won pretty clean fight (35:25) and i was carrying a bear and was only doing healing and inspiring. we had no special guns expect 1 outlaw's gun and opposite team had one hank's revolver on player with 7000 hp. everything else was standard (gear and hp).

bad balance, luck or tactics? there were no afks/disconnects and both teams played ok.

So he was carrying a bear...interesting.

Reporting a chat bug.
This only showed up 1 time. PtyLtd was playing on the other side.

8OApiRH.jpg

DeletedUser20688

The game is unbalanced. It favors high level players (6000+ HP) and high powered guns. Any ridiculous anecdotes about players unarmed or with Bears is just not believable.

You label critiques like mine as "whining" to help justify your own nugget munching methods and the whole quasi-Ponzi scheme that is The West 2.0 and to dismiss any kind of objection.

Man I wish 2009-2010 The West was still around...

DeletedUser

Sometimes when the "skill select" box goes away at timer end, the chat box disappears. It doesn't get closed, it disappears. Clicking on the room names does nothing. When the adventure starts, the chat box is still gone. However, when clicking the "chat" button in the adventure, the chat box appears BELOW the screen, as in the screen gets extended and the chat box appears below the skills tab. Maybe the chat box goes below the screen earlier also but since there in no way to force scroll down in the main game window, it cannot be accessed.

Zuluski

Tombola guns are here to stay so they have to be accepted but rather then choosing teams by player in game level, i think it will be much more balanced if teams were chosen based on the amount of hp a player brings into the game of adventures as hp is king in this game.

DeletedUser

The person who selects the skill in the planning phase first shoots in the execution stage first. If RED moved and shot before BLUE moved at all, it was because the RED guy selected both skills before the BLUE guy selected the move skill.