Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I played it a lot on beta and i can only say, it is still overall bad.

Especially since shop prices of XP potions were increased a lot, there is no big benefit of playing for me.

I kinda agree that chance to get loot chest upon victory was decreased to 20% because on beta market was flooded very fast with outlaw items. But because of that, BIG PLEASE, lose that Mojo potion from reward pool. If chance to win chest is small, at least remove worthless items from them (and until i hit level 150, i think XP potions are great).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

Would be nice to see a page with what is available from the chests. And what the new set looks like. I did 27 adventures (took that many to get over 5k points) and got 4 loot chests and I bought 1. I got Outlaw saddle from 1 I won, 1 +25% money for 8 hours buff and 3 +25% luck for 8 hours buff. Not worth the time for me.

As stated before, points should be awarded for participation. I went through one battle where I did a lot of work and ended up with 50 points because the team lost so badly.

Unfortunately Chris, we do not indicate what can be found in any of our chests and bags, it's the luck of the draw and you will not always receive a desired item.

Rock4man

OK so as it stands at the moment, following multiple refreshes, restarts etc. I can get adventures on Colorado and Dakota, but not on Arizona, Briscoe and Eldorado!

Anyone know why that is the case? Da Twista?

DeletedUser35520

OK so as it stands at the moment, following multiple refreshes, restarts etc. I can get adventures on Colorado and Dakota, but not on Arizona, Briscoe and Eldorado!

try clearing cookies/history etc and change browsers if needed

DeletedUser8627

As Rick mentioned, best you hard refresh your worlds after an update. Since you can enter in some worlds and not others, it's most likely a cache problem.

DeletedUser

One more thing, there are so many player's disconnects and inactivity and when this happens it's practically lost game for that player's team due to low number of players.

Deleted User - 1693871

Fafer, I doubt those players are disconnecting intentionally. Slower internet speeds seem to make it virtually impossible to play the adventures. Which makes it pretty unfair that some players but not all have access to those adventure rewards.

DeletedUser

Fafer, I doubt those players are disconnecting intentionally. Slower internet speeds seem to make it virtually impossible to play the adventures. Which makes it pretty unfair that some players but not all have access to those adventure rewards.

I'm not saying they are doing it intentionally. Even if something urgent pops-out and they need to leave, ok. But if that happens at start (some players are afk from start), it is already lost game and his/her teammates needs to waste 15 min of their time knowing they will lose.

DeletedUser

Especially since shop prices of XP potions were increased a lot, there is no big benefit of playing for me.

The price of the potion is too low.
Even 1000 points is still a very very cheap price for 1% experience. On beta i saw people getting over 100k experience per day just by playing on adventures.
Since the items of the chests are just luck drop, getting one for 750 veteran points was a good price. The potions should have the lowest of the lowest of possible value would be 4 victories.
It was still super mega hiper cheap for the amount of experience it gives to anyone over level 120. Right with the current price... it´s a call out for everyone to ignore the chests and keep pilling up thousands in experience for less time than a fort battle... several times a day.

Deleted User - 1693871

I agree, killado. People don't need to play the West normally now, just sit there doing adventures. And why would higher level players play a fort battle online and get 4500 xp for an hour, when they can do enough adventures for 15000 xp in the same time?

DeletedUser

If i'm not mistaken, when you shoot friend, battle log does not show that, instead it still shows a hit on enemy targeted player.

DeletedUser35120

Got kicked out of adventure. Tried to get back. It says - Could not establish connection, try again later. it's the same to all our townies too.

DeletedUser36026

Yea Kicked out in Dakota. Tried from W11...You cannot join adventures from multiple worlds. I guess it still shows me logged in from Dakota after the server crashed.

DeletedUser

Yes, I hope they can do something about the connections.

1) Had adventure freeze in middle of battle, froze for everyone but chat still worked. Players intentionally disconnected and most reconnected and the adventure did eventually move along but not everyone did/could so it was lopsided until finish.

2) Adventure started, chose starting position, got disconnected, I'm assuming others got disconnected too. Re-connected and battle went from 5 on 5, to 4 on 3, as 3 players never reconnected.

Those seemed to be on the server end as it affected multiple players at the same time.

Other than that, I'm lucky enough it seems to be able to connect and play the adventures. Game play is o.k. I think it will get boring soon enough, but it is something to do when I have time to kill before queuing jobs, travel, etc.

p.s. Dropped my first chest. Outlaw Saddle, +2 Str, Mob, +1 Trading, Leadership, + 5 Swimming, +0.5 fort attack and defense. At character level 48. I believe the bonuses are level dependent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36341

Its not working...Error cant connect to adventure...its too big on screen, bit smaller so can see more! Could be good idea if more added to it! Good try!!

DeletedUser35783

Please separate it so anything won cannot be used anywhere else apart from on the Adventurers game. If people want a distraction whilst waiting for jobs etc to be finished great but don't graft on something not in keeping with the usual activities of The West.
Big danger of diluting what The West is if it is seen as an advantage to play Adventures as much as possible.

DeletedUser36559

Yeah connection can't be established now, been working fine before and yesterday. I did about 30 adventurers which took roughly about 8 hours and got 1 loot chest and found an outlaw hat. Mathematically speaking I should get 6 loot boxes from 30 battles (20% chance) but I only received one. I bought an extra loot box and got a lucky clover from 8 hours of gameplay. I'm not sure if there is a reset counter so after every game the chance to get a loot chest is only 20% but to motivate players to keep playing adventurers in the long run at least reduce the points needed to buy a loot chest or increase the chance of obtaining one. Not everyone can play hours upon hours a day only to find a lucky clover, it will simply demotivate them.