New adventures bugs

DeletedUser26820

The adventure "bugs" are the toons that sign in and then bail when they see what the teams are.

Look.... I've left the adventure saloon also.
Before setting buffs, if Heltgojo, N4n4, docroc or Wakiyans are on my team, I'm out.
I'm not going to call a quitter a quitter, but I don't know why there's an issue with calling a pile of cow manure a pile of cow manure.

So, I've left the adventure saloon and taken my time out penalty.

Nonetheless, there's still an issue with toons bailing in the Saloon once they see the team makeup.
So increase the penalties.
First time is a 15-minute penalty.
If within 2 hours, second time is an 8 hour penalty.
Third time within 24 hours is a 48 hour penalty. Make it cost accomplishing daily tasks.
Forth time within 48 hours is a 72 hour suspension. Make it really hurt at this point.

I care if I win or lose at an adventure, but I simply want an opportunity at one win a day for daily tasks.
I might come back after a win to test gear and/or buffs. We all have that opportunity.
But how in the hell can I be expected to sit here and wait for the Saloon to open up, after 2-5-8 minutes, and then 2-3-4-5 times in a row a toon quit when they don't like what they see with either team or the opposition.

We sign into adventures to play an adventure.
We can't play adventures if toons keep bailing before they start.
Severely penalize those that do.

Pankreas PorFavor

I used potions of wisdom to get to level 150 too, and I barely played any adventures at all. They came from other sources - like the county fair.
I am quite certain Da Twistas announcement is correct. Even the developers blog (August 25th, 2014) says: "Adventures have been on the public beta for almost two weeks now". If they started in beta in August 2014, it is realistic they started in .net in October that same year.

And on the subject of quitting - we come back to the same old root of all problems: the number of players. How many people are there in .net all together? How many of them actually play adventures? Now, spread that across all the time zones. And you will have a handful of people that try to join an adventure at any given time. If there are just one or two "bad apples in that barrel"... no game!
Now, imagine The West from 5 years ago - thousands and thousands of players, even millions. At any given time you would have so many people trying to join an adventure that you would maybe have to wait for just a few seconds to start playing. Bad team? Quit and have a completely different team in half a minute, not half an hour. But, that would mean that Inno would actually try to do something with this game, advertise, invest in development etc...

Last edited:

DeletedUser26820

Has anyone been having an issue with adventures the last couple of days, say December 4th-present?

You can get to the Rush on Tombstone window and Join Que.
You can get to the lobby window, see teams and select buffs.
But when the countdown timer hits 0, instead of the Adventure map opening, a window appears saying the adventure could not be started, and you're back at the Rush on Tombstone window. Consumes a buff.
Most recent time it happened was Dec 6th, approx 6:55am server time.
And in the lobby, 2 other toons reported experiencing the same issue.

asdf124

I just had someone leave and it didn't get me to rejoin the lobby automatically where it should have been.

MFRavenhawk

Has anyone been having an issue with adventures the last couple of days, say December 4th-present?
Not sure if its related to the issues you are seeing, but there is also a matter of the adventures lagging so much that half the time, the actions that you try to set don't show up until the NEXT series...leaving your avi both standing still when you needed to move, and needed to cancel an action that is now pointless since the game didnt activate it when you selected....only to have it repeat over and over.

By this, I am talking, you have your selection phase. You choose to move then to shoot.....but the game doesnt show your actions as accepted, round ends, you are still in place, and the previous actions are now showing in the new select phase. Of course you will likely want to move still, but you need to cancel the shoot action, and reaim if possible....only to have that action not show up til the NEXT (third) select phase.

DeletedUser26820

If you've been getting in adventure that has actually started since Dec 4, you're doing better than me.
If you see the adventure map and make placement onto it, you're doing better than me.

I haven't seen that since Chariot swing'ed the sweet low.

MFRavenhawk

If you've been getting in adventure that has actually started since Dec 4, you're doing better than me.

I see :(

So far getting into the adventures don't seem to be a problem in that respect....aside from the usual issues of few wanting to play when they see me in the lobby.

But that isn't a bug....except one up the hindquarters of the sensitive snowflakes that want everyone to just toss rocks at each other and give the opposing teams points. :p

DeletedUser26820

Within the last 24-30 hours, it appears the issue of adventures starting has been resolved.
Thanks support team and Da Twista for handling my ticket.

MFRavenhawk

Glad to hear that you can get back into adventures finally. Unfortunately, the lag in them, especially during the last half, has persisted. Hard to play when you cant lock in a move or shot., and the game shows the last five positions on the grid, leaving you wondering who is moving where and when.

asdf124

The adventures don't even start anymore with the following message "Adventure could not be started".

DeletedUser38507

Adventures are broken yet again. Same error as last time. Inno can put in gold buying events but can't seem to keep adventures running.