New adventures bugs

DeletedUser36098

I started this with a plural incase another comes and posts another bug in the thread.

when are inno going to fix the problem that occurs every time i try to play adventures please?

the issue is this .. i start playing and can do actions for a period .. suddenly my game freezes. i can move the screen around and I can see that others are moving and shooting and such but i am unable to select an action at all. what happens then is i become a target for the opposition and no matter how may refreshes i try i am simple not able to do anything. this is a fast timed game and i am just not able to refresh and select actions every move. I dare anyone to try that and manage to not have their team members getting angry at your inability to do things.

oh .. and just to make this interesting i use a mac mini, safari browser, chrome browser and i also use a macbook pro with similar browsers. i have use different ISP's with no avail. I also know of a few others players who also have the same issues.

main aspect as i see it is memory leak, i start ok but after time it grinds to a halt.

DeletedUser34295

I personally play on Firefox, Windows 10 and don't experience these issues. I'm not exactly sure how adventures are done, but does it help if you clear cookies/cache and try to play again?

DeletedUser36098

I personally play on Firefox, Windows 10 and don't experience these issues. I'm not exactly sure how adventures are done, but does it help if you clear cookies/cache and try to play again?

try as i might i have cookies that are used for other places that getting rid of may mean lost information I would rather keep. having said that my laptop is very clean of cookies and has the same issues.

this is 4 machines now i have problems with adventures. my last support ticket got the reply that the issue was being passed to the powers that fix things. i fail to see how another ticket will help speed the process but that last ticket on the issue was a while ago (november in fact) and was the fourth sent on the same issue. think it has been over a year since the issues started.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Not an expert here, but I think it's a browser issue. Try adventuring from Chrome maybe and see if it freezes or not.

Abydos1

Hmmm, well there are times when Adventures freeze for me and I barely am able to get a move or shot off in time for the round (slower computer) and there are the times it goes through all the actions of the players while winding down the time of the next round (faster computer). Either way these make it difficult to play no matter how slow or fast the computer is...also, this game seems to be really tied to the internet speed as well. I have a fast cable connection so I don't have too much trouble playing other than the stuff I mentioned above. If they can somehow optimize the game a bit I think anybody would be able to play.

asdf124

Not an expert here, but I think it's a browser issue. Try adventuring from Chrome maybe and see if it freezes or not.

It is an interface, or operating system compability issue.

Browser has nothing to do with it.

Safari is fine using iPhone but not so much on a Mac?(solves the browser being an issue)

If you don't think you can play using an iPhone, your simply wrong since I had been playing using it for the last few months.

DeletedUser35120

It is an interface, or operating system compability issue.

Browser has nothing to do with it.

Safari is fine using iPhone but not so much on a Mac?(solves the browser being an issue)

If you don't think you can play using an iPhone, your simply wrong since I had been playing using it for the last few months.

The game freezes, the browser as whole does not always freeze dude. If the browser as a whole freezed it would have been some other problem.

What do you mean by interface issue? And how are you clubbing it with system compatibility? -_- Of course we know the game interface freezes, in that way it's a problem with the interface. But what's that got to do with OS?

Safari, for a while has been known to hog up memory very quickly. Sorry to those Apple fanboys and fangirls diagnosed with acute offensivitis who will get triggered by this. But this is a fact. It lags a hell lot to start with and for a game like The West which is well known to consume lots of memory when logged in for long periods, I can totally expect an adventure freezing up everytime in Safari browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

The game freezes, the browser as whole does not always freeze dude. If the browser as a whole freezed it would have been some other problem.

What do you mean by interface issue? And how are you clubbing it with system compatibility? -_- Of course we know the game interface freezes, in that way it's a problem with the interface. But what's that got to do with OS?

Safari, for a while has been known to hog up memory very quickly. Sorry to those Apple fanboys and fangirls diagnosed with acute offensivitis who will get triggered by this. But this is a fact. It lags a hell lot to start with and for a game like The West which is well known to consume lots of memory when logged in for long periods, I can totally expect an adventure freezing up everytime in Safari browser.

Actually, that doesn't actually happen quite often on a phone rather, I ain't a fanboy of apple products(I hate Mac pcs and never used one). The command on safari on the iPhone seems more compatible than the safari in Mac.(why do I say that? I don't get lag, if the adventure does leak memory, the browser refreshes and it is a very fast refresh even though I am using a slow connection)

DeletedUser36098

it is quite amazing how many people simple do not read all that is written in a post .. I mention I use a mac and suddenly all else other than safari kind of blanks out .

i will restate ... i use a mac and have used BOTH safari and CHROME to attempt playing adventures and BOTH of them freeze up.

I suppose it could have been worse ... I could have had to use mandarin Chinese to post on the issue :p

DeletedUser24556

I just had the same. It said 'An error occured: hash mismatch' when an adventure was about to start and then nothing. Even restarting the browser didn't help (Firefox).

It's the 1st time. I had no problems the days before when others seemed to have them.

Apelatia

This issue appears to have cropped up again for a number of players. We are working on finding a solution to it as quickly as we can.

asdf124

This issue appears to have cropped up again for a number of players. We are working on finding a solution to it as quickly as we can.

Will that solution include Mac users? An update would be nice from time to time if I may ask about that.

asdf124

The image stutters in Ubuntu 16.04, chrome browser.

Testing firefox.

edit:

firefox is more stable on ubuntu than chrome!

Last edited:

DeletedUser36098

i have had another round of discussions with a mod as i played the game and the game started to respond better after each discussion as the mod was attempting to find the bug doing as i do. there are still issues with timing and i seem to get a lot less time to set actions than others seem to, as in my moves tend to be last in the queue. i have not had a game in about a month now and am waiting for a reply here on the issue being solved before i try again. i have a feeling this may start up again when they say it is fixed ...

the main thing I have been saying all along is that it was just fine until they did a big file dump with all the new clothing and we had to upgrade the shops a few more levels. since then things have been bad where adventures are concerned

Pankreas PorFavor

the main thing I have been saying all along is that it was just fine until they did a big file dump with all the new clothing and we had to upgrade the shops a few more levels. since then things have been bad where adventures are concerned

Adventures were introduced to .net worlds in October 2014 (Adventures!), and the big update with new items and new shop levels happened in November 2013 (Update - Item changes).

DeletedUser36098

very strange .. i was playing adventures before the big file dump, as were a few in my town.

Pankreas PorFavor

maybe I don't understand what you consider to be the "big file dump", or maybe you have a time machine in your town ;) just kidding, of course. maybe someone closer to Innogames can shed some light on the subject...

MFRavenhawk

No clue when adventures started (bad memory so have to rely on posts like these and other reminders at times)...but I do know I was still only level 147 when adventures started, and thru using them for potions of wisdom, I managed to make it to level 150.

And that achievement was completed on October 24 2014.