adventures and spirit of gaming

DeletedUser36098

That is your opinion.

I disagree as players do enjoy em, if you don't.

Just don't do em.

that is OK for you to say .. remember 1 thing when you spout crap about choosing not to play adventures. INNO has decided to place them into quests so players trying to complete quests have no option but to attempt to play them.

do not pretend that players 'goofing' and 'having fun their way' is in any way a good thing when newer players are trying to work out how to play, move and keep from dying fast. the intollerance is astounding. i got verbal diarrhoea from a player at one point for playing the game differently to him or her. the idea was i should have got myself killed fast between 2 opposing players instead of trying to live and kill as long as possible. i then change tactics for the last one i did and got asked why i was getting myself killed so fast.

there are still players rage quitting along with players simply quitting in the lobby before the players even equip the skills to be used in the game.

while my game is not quite as much the bug-fest it used to be I still have trouble with getting my skills selected in the time allowed. the last 2 times I lost rounds as i was unable to select anything in the time. that could be my isp though.

DeletedUser33353

that is OK for you to say .. remember 1 thing when you spout crap about choosing not to play adventures. INNO has decided to place them into quests so players trying to complete quests have no option but to attempt to play them.

This is the ONLY reason you will see me or any of my buddies in them. Otherwise, too much hate floating about in those. Well said fergus.

asdf124

do not pretend that players 'goofing' and 'having fun their way' is in any way a good thing when newer players are trying to work out how to play, move and keep from dying fast. the intollerance is astounding. i got verbal diarrhoea from a player at one point for playing the game differently to him or her. the idea was i should have got myself killed fast between 2 opposing players instead of trying to live and kill as long as possible. i then change tactics for the last one i did and got asked why i was getting myself killed so fast.

There are a lot of material to learn how to adventure before even playing. Yet, it isn't used by newbies nor experienced players(level 100+).

It differs from time to time, your time is simply where most of the intolerable players come along, sometimes they quit simply due to fact that they feel no hope of winning which is understandable but goofy.

As winning isn't everything. So, making a guide for new players and old players alike where not many actually read it is like a slap in the face.

Strategies could also have your own players ko you so that you respawn if your opposition has 2 already knocked out and you are low hp.

DeletedUser33353

Strategies could also have your own players ko you so that you respawn if your opposition has 2 already knocked out and you are low hp.

Have your own team ko you? Hmmmmm, used to be an achievement that went with that. Wonder whatever happened to that one? LOL

DeletedUser

There are a lot of material to learn how to adventure before even playing. Yet, it isn't used by newbies nor experienced players(level 100+).

There's also material and rules about playing with civility which 99.9% of Adventure players not only ignore but spit in the face of. In turn, no one cares or does anything about it.

It differs from time to time, your time is simply where most of the intolerable players come along,

Wrong. There's no "difference". There are intolerable players in that game 100% of the time.

sometimes they quit simply due to fact that they feel no hope of winning which is understandable but goofy.

Wrong again. They stay. They berate. They curse. They humiliate. They disparage and they are cruel. Again, no one cares and no one does anything about it.

As winning isn't everything.

Are we playing the same game? With VP? With Loot Chest drops on the line? You can't be serious.

So, making a guide for new players and old players alike where not many actually read it is like a slap in the face.

The only slap in the face is allowing a monstrosity like Adventures to exist or even creating it in the first place.

Having to formulate an exploit surrounding a flawed game design is what you mean to say here. Yeah that's real "strategy" for sure.

foscock

Banned
A Disinterested Horse said...
There's also material and rules about playing with civility which 99.9% of Adventure players not only ignore but spit in the face of. In turn, no one cares or does anything about it.
Wrong again. They stay. They berate. They curse. They humiliate. They disparage and they are cruel.
Wrong. There's no "difference". There are intolerable players in that game 100% of the time.

That's a lot of hostility about something you don't even play. Honestly, never seen you in one, ever.

asdf124

You can report anyone with toxic behavior in adventures

Are we playing the same game? With VP? With Loot Chest drops on the line? You can't be serious.

Yes, cause losing a game isn't the END OF THE WORLD.

Having to formulate an exploit surrounding a flawed game design is what you mean to say here. Yeah that's real "strategy" for sure.

So, having multiple strategy and tactics in place is simply not a strategy.

You are just insanely bitter about adventures for some reason.

Saying it is flawed game design without being specific other than toxic environment made by players rather than the actual gameplay itself isn't doing you any good.

Other strategies would include, leaving your opposition at low hp as it is dependent on your teams playstyle.

I just said one strategy and you are complaining about. Blocking, barrel blocking, and tactical retreats all exist.

DeletedUser

You can report anyone with toxic behavior in adventures

I have repeatedly over the years. Ask yourself an honest question "Has the toxicity actually changed over time or not?" The only rational answer here is a resounding no. When I submit screencaps of abuse I'm told "You probably photoshopped that."

Yes, cause losing a game isn't the END OF THE WORLD.

Ok I'll spell this out for you: The toxicity is based in the fact that the players that DO NOT GET THEIR CONTINGENT LOOTBOXES because you are not at their level of play will spew their filth.

So, having multiple strategy and tactics in place is simply not a strategy.

You are just insanely bitter about adventures for some reason.

Saying it is flawed game design without being specific other than toxic environment made by players rather than the actual gameplay itself isn't doing you any good.

Other strategies would include, leaving your opposition at low hp as it is dependent on your teams playstyle.

I just said one strategy and you are complaining about. Blocking, barrel blocking, and tactical retreats all exist.

The gameplay is seriously flawed as evidenced by the need to adjust the "Red always acts first" issue. Also any game the affords one team to camp another and cripple them for 75% of a game's play time is garbage.

Post on Twitch gameplay that I can see as evidence or you are completely making this "strategy" stuff up. You are obviously refusing to admit the incredible levels of toxicity harbored in Adventures. That to me is insane.

On the other hand, with one hand tied behind my back, I could gladly gather hours of video evidence of the abusive toxicity. And for what? The mods will say I must have use After Effects or some other software to fake it? That is the response I would expect.

Edit: On second thought I will definitely be doing that. Why should I just talk about this on a forum when I can compile hours of gameplay evidence and house it on Twitch for all to see for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

I have repeatedly over the years. Ask yourself an honest question "Has the toxicity actually changed over time or not?" The only rational answer here is a resounding no. When I submit screencaps of abuse I'm told "You probably photoshopped that."
The report button is made for said toxicity, yet you decided to screenshot it instead of using the ingame button!(click chat, open the player list, hit their name and report!)

Ok I'll spell this out for you: The toxicity is based in the fact that the players that DO NOT GET THEIR CONTINGENT LOOTBOXES because you are not at their level of play will spew their filth.
Loot boxes have been obsolete now, they are approximately as useless as they can get, they lost at least 75% of their value due to most events however that won't change peeps from trying to get one.

The gameplay is seriously flawed as evidenced by the need to adjust the "Red always acts first" issue. Also any game the affords one team to camp another and cripple them for 75% of a game's play time is garbage.
The gameplays depends on the teams selected, I have already asked for a change towards the matchmaking section, however I was shot down and I already told you about this. Again, this is about PLAYERS rather than the game itself when it is almost neck on neck where one mistake will cost either team the win.

Post on Twitch gameplay that I can see as evidence or you are completely making this "strategy" stuff up. You are obviously refusing to admit the incredible levels of toxicity harbored in Adventures. That to me is insane.
Strategy is different than toxicity, where toxicity I have never said it never existed. I just want others to know that it isn't always what adventure ARE.

On the other hand, with one hand tied behind my back, I could gladly gather hours of video evidence of the abusive toxicity. And for what? The mods will say I must have use After Effects or some other software to fake it? That is the response I would expect.

Again, please use the report function inside the chat room as support handles different sides of the game.

I never claimed adventures were a paradise for ongoers/newbies alike. It is just that the toxicity side should be ignored as those who are toxic want to be heard. As you keep feeding the trolls, you keep making em grow.

That is how they play on almost all games, feed on the misery of others. The toxicity isn't always, but you claim it to be. Even though, I never have seen anyone play 24/7, nor have seen you do that.

DeletedUser

Whatever.

Again I don't know why I bother talking about this. I don't know why the overwhelming negative discussions about Adventures I see in town, alliance and saloon chat I've seen over the years is ignored.

I'll just commit to a video diary of playing The West Adventures on Twitch. The evidence will speak for itself.

asdf124

Whatever.

Again I don't know why I bother talking about this. I don't know why the overwhelming negative discussions about Adventures I see in town, alliance and saloon chat I've seen over the years is ignored.

I'll just commit to a video diary of playing The West Adventures on Twitch. The evidence will speak for itself.
I didn't say it was ignored, it is just the same as every other game aspect. If trolls live in the game mechanic of say fort fights, those are best treated by players.

overwhelming negative discussions? I have never seen an overwhelming response towards adventures as I know that not many actually play it and those who feel that being called a "njub" as a real insult are those who should have their reviews of toxicity reviewed!
Overwhelming response would mean that at least 1 thousand players play the game at a given time in 1 server.

Njub is a good term to call someone new to the adventure aspect, but if they will almost get angry by the smallest feather.

Which means that I should just copy/paste the basic and then shut up the whole game as I would be "backseat driver" .

I don't like negative criticism without actually letting em know what they could do about it.

Changes to the system that would improve the gameplay rather than outright:"I don't like adventures, please remove em."

Have you seen anyone say that about let's say fort battles when they first came out?:"I don't like fort battles, they are too toxic, please remove em"?

It is the same with duels, jobbing and quests.

All are made for different audiences to make the best diversity, some are more jacks of all trades, while others are different.

You might want to be a jack of all trades, however, asking to remove an aspect of the game for your WANTS instead of what the game actually needs (which is more game modes).

And not actually complimenting the work, effort and research hours put forth. Is simply a slap in the face towards to inno and the developers who have worked on it.

I have played over 4,6k games of adventures, I know some are insanely toxic. However, I decide to play and enjoy the game rather than not. Play those games with the same toxic players, I tell them they are doing something wrong, they won't listen to you until they realize it themselves.

But I do dislike those who decide to stay on that greyed building when they don't need it at all.

Shouldn't those who review adventures negatively also say anything about whom they are?

I am not saying the toxicity isn't there, it is just that some are easily triggered by calling em the least thing possible.

Remember, this is a game, so you should enjoy it as it was based on it.

Making em shoot each other, blocking their paths by seeing through oppositions idea to block your team at 3'rd round of mill.

Blocking your own path with barrels and then running away has always been a goofy, sure way to run away and a very fun one imo.

What I meant about goofiness by players is that, PLAYERS MAKE THEIR OWN FUN.

Saying it should be removed will also add to removing an aspect from a lot of players.

DeletedUser26820

I'll keep playing my 2-3-4 adventures a day, as allowed, bringing my own toxicity to it.
If a toon isn't bringing an ounce of toxicity to it, it's more on that toon than on the dynamic.
Ever go a rodeo where cowboys ride a bull? Want the bull to just stand there and not come out of the gates??
The bull is an active participant in that ride.
Would kind of kill the rodeo if the bull had no toxicity or bad intentions in him.....

Maybe we should have duels where the duelers don't duel and FF's where the participants huddle in a corner.....

But we can bring back Poker. Great way to kill the time while waiting for a FF or adventure to start.
Or was there too much toxicity in Poker room chat? It's called smack talk. Put it on ignore and just play your hand......

DeletedUser38817

Adventures is flawed in a lot of aspects there's no denying that but it can be improved a lot and can be made more enjoyable in the foreseeable future. The worst thing about adventurers is clicking on the "play adventure" button and knowing the chance of a loss is like 75%. For those with event guns or lvl 1/2 outlaw rifles they will probably never have to deal with this but for the average joe that is what happens and what simply is even the point of playing them if you are going to lose over and over again? One day I had to play 25+ games to win 1 adventure for the daily quest and I ask myself why do I bother anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:

Abydos1

Wow, I wouldn't play that many games just for the daily quest (it's actually the daily task that requires the win btw)...it would have to be an actual quest for me to try to get that win... and yeah, I am someone who doesn't believe in upgrading so I end up on the small end in a lot of matches. The way things been for a while now is that it isn't really friendly to newbies unless you willing to be cannon fodder at the hands of the veteran big players...best of luck! ;P

DeletedUser26820

Disappointing to see these posts, as having attended 2181 adventures with an event weapon (and being berated and belittled for it), I've been on a team that has lost 843 of them, close to 40%.

Some of them we lost while I was shooting at barrels for an achievement. Some of them we lost because I was trying to get ko'ed 5 times or whatever it is for achievement. Some of them we lost because I made a poor movement or we, as a team, had a poor sequence of actions in a round.

Not everyone is going to win every adventure every time. foscock doesn't. MFRavenhawk doesn't. r35barker doesn't. I haven't. That would make it flawed. It's not flawed because only one team wins and the same team doesn't win every time.

So, Please, don't be discouraged to keep attending adventures. It's a great dynamic of the game. Don't let the "bullies" rule the roost. By "bullies" I mean those who conduct themselves in chat in a "bullyish" or condescending or belittling manner. "Big guns" shouldn't be equated as being "bullies."

For the more toons we have that keep joining the que for them, the quicker they'll start relative to a 20-30 minute wait time.

Never forget that any toon that appears to be successful in adventures also had to play their first 5-10-20 to learn the dynamic, and if you keep working at it, you can't do worse than they did, or that I still do today after attending close to 2200.

It's a Team dynamic. A "big gun" can't do it all. More often than not, a win or loss is determined by the "little gun".
It takes a Team to make that big gun a big gun.

See you at the next Adventure and let's give 'em hell,

DeletedUser10077

Without any shadow of a doubt, the worst thing about adventures is the quit button.
It drives people insane when they have waited up to 30 mins or more, for a suitable match and then someone quits because they think that they will be on the weaker side, or have an issue with another player in the same adventure.
Please see sense and either remove this button or penalise the quitter with a 72 hour cooldown before they are able to sign up for another adventure.
This may bring the whole mini game thing back to life, as it is not all about just winning but the taking part !!. While you might waiting for a queue of jobs to finish.

asdf124

Without any shadow of a doubt, the worst thing about adventures is the quit button.
It drives people insane when they have waited up to 30 mins or more, for a suitable match and then someone quits because they think that they will be on the weaker side, or have an issue with another player in the same adventure.
Please see sense and either remove this button or penalise the quitter with a 72 hour cooldown before they are able to sign up for another adventure.
This may bring the whole mini game thing back to life, as it is not all about just winning but the taking part !!. While you might waiting for a queue of jobs to finish.
I agree and I think a counter should be made to see if it repeats the same team more than once at a very recent time.

If it does, it should rebalance the teams.

DeletedUser26820

Is the worst part of adventures the "quit button" or is it waiting for 30 minutes for one to start?

Maybe it's just me, but when I sign up to attend an adventure, I'm ok if others click the "quit button" in the Saloon. Let them quit once they see the hand they've been dealt. Quitters will always quit. Those there to attend adventures for the sake of adventures won't. As long as the rest of us there get to attend an adventure and can get it started within 30 minutes, it is what it is. Within 20 minutes would be favorable. Within 10 minutes would be grand. Immediate is always desired.

So click, click, click on the "quit button". We're all in need of adventure wins for a quest.

Just don't waste our time once we get started. If it starts, at least give it your best and give the impression you where there to contribute.

This new Golden Colt quest is the perfect opportunity for all of us that, prior to it, attended adventures, to keep players that are new to this dynamic to keep coming back to it. Show some class, veteran leadership, and respect.

For those of us that have mastered and were bored with adventures, now is a perfect opportunity to share with others our knowledge of this dynamic, and to energize to keep them coming back.

You do with your opportunities what you will. Just don't jack with mine.

DeletedUser10077

You are correct Deiben, quitters will always quit, so remove the quit button and also penalise rage quits with the same 72hr cool down period.
Another improvement could be to remove the create gang button, because if there are a bunch of adv addicts who are all sporting high damage weapons on the same team then this also can cause other people to quit.
We all know that there is sometimes an imbalance in gangs in adventures, but take the rough with the smooth, and let the sever crate the teams, as I think it used to be.
Another thing that drives me to distraction is when groups purposely play for a draw, and personally this is when I have received the most verbal abuse in the adv chat, I thought the whole point of an adv was to try and win??
Surely INNO could program a code that makes a draw impossible in adventures, hence removing this pointless, we will play for a draw strategy, and hopefully stop the adv chat abuse.

Tonight's experience, 1 hour and 8 mins and only 1 adv completed, thanks to quitters and non attendees.

All for now.
M.J

asdf124

You are correct Deiben, quitters will always quit, so remove the quit button and also penalise rage quits with the same 72hr cool down period.
Another improvement could be to remove the create gang button, because if there are a bunch of adv addicts who are all sporting high damage weapons on the same team then this also can cause other people to quit.
We all know that there is sometimes an imbalance in gangs in adventures, but take the rough with the smooth, and let the sever crate the teams, as I think it used to be.
Another thing that drives me to distraction is when groups purposely play for a draw, and personally this is when I have received the most verbal abuse in the adv chat, I thought the whole point of an adv was to try and win??
Surely INNO could program a code that makes a draw impossible in adventures, hence removing this pointless, we will play for a draw strategy, and hopefully stop the adv chat abuse.

Tonight's experience, 1 hour and 8 mins and only 1 adv completed, thanks to quitters and non attendees.

All for now.
M.J
Ragequits are kinda useful sometimes, if you play on phone and can't move screen. You use ragequits to do that.