Adventurer as a Blocking Tank

DeletedUser16008

As of your skills - in a way you are fort fighter, but if you do not have at least 2000-2500HP - you are selfish fort fighter who is hiding behind others backs most of the time so he could not get hit and just make damage. In team fights for such "fighters" there is little use of.

Probably the most ridiculous statement ive heard ... at least 2000 hp + ye gods man are you for real ? :blink:

Ill answer GG here as at least theres a spark of sensibility

It does affect other than those that go to fort battles, far more... Forts are built by the community that founds them... are you really going to tell me the ones that work for all the products are the same as those fighting tanks ? come on dont even try to say it is.

Ill tell you something GG if I ever had another town I wouldnt even bother building a fort and all the effort that goes with it..... Get some tanks together, form up and just take everyone else's... now that dosnt affect anyone else but who fort fights right ? wrong of course it does....

Losing a fort is no big deal and its just a barracks ??

Well again thats wrong, forts are something a town has to be proud of, I can see your point of view but ill give you an example... Ive seen plenty of towns die in a very short time after losing their fort... Ive also been written on more than one occasion by a fort owner/member that says exactly the same thing, please dont ruin our town its what helps to keep the town active. Ive taken it in mind to make sure towns in forts I attack as long as they are not an enemy are usually offered an alternative... so please dont tell me that forts arnt a big deal to quite a lot they are.

As forts and towns will become ever more interwoven this is likely to increase not lessen...

Fort battles are changing because some bright sparks have decided the only way to do things is bigger is best. As if golden guns wernt enough already. Well its one way but I dont hold with that as the only option just the easiest one.

How is the rise of the HP tank with the only solution of everyone beefing up as well being any different than making everything "the same" :no: I dont want to live in a Game with all worlds full of Wall Marts thx.

I hope that something gets done about the way that people are allowed to manipulate things to the point of the ridiculous. The sad thing is the amount of people that actually think its cool.

Thank your lucky stars you have shaman reset when and if they nerf things a bit, personally id laugh myself stupid if like plenty of other builds in the past they messed with it leaving one heck of an expensive respec.

As for you Elmyr it was just a matter of time before you got around to my way of thinking :p

DeletedUser20647

I think it would be more fun if people have a lot of HP, because it allows you to do more things, but I guess most people are having plenty of fun with less HP and are not interested in this at all.

Besides, I don't think I have anything to reply with to the things you said, so I'll stop posting about this subject :)

DeletedUser

I think it would be more fun if people have a lot of HP, because it allows you to do more things, but I guess most people are having plenty of fun with less HP and are not interested in this at all.

Besides, I don't think I have anything to reply with to the things you said, so I'll stop posting about this subject :)

If you think it's more fun, learn Polish.

DeletedUser

Being a pure hp build is not such an easy stuff as you might think. I'm stuck. Stuck on the fort battles. 20 hours of sleep per day and 30 minutes of fun. I cannot go on doing a job or a quest, or even earn some money because of my duel level (201) and all of the noobs attack me for the free xp(even if i have the golden colt I can't score more than 200 damage) they get on me. I do this not for myself but for my alliance. I have a fort team of 10 players pure HP, all with 10.000+ hp. We defend and conquer every fort. Just for a record, we conquered 54 forts trough flag rushing and defended over 100 forts. I see no point in nerfing me, all I can do is fort battles. If they nerf me, they should nerf duelers, workers, all-job builds. Abusing?! What am I abusing? Do duelers abuse their builds when they put everything in reflex and resistance or aim and dodge? Do builders abuse their builds when they go full Construction? I don't think so! I ruined my gameplay for my alliance, and I feel proud. We are not ruining everything.
Man, we had our differences in the past and many harsh words were said. I won't apologize, your temper is just as bad as mine. ;)

In this case I'm 100% supporting your attitude. For months I've posted "please change adv. bonuses, please change adv. bonuses, please...", it became a mantra of a sort. And then after those ages and after noone cared, now I find this thread. Where were they before?

Vash, if you need another adventurer monster on any world you play, count me in.

I think it would be more fun if people have a lot of HP, ...
No. A lot of fun is when sides have similar HP totals, like in the case of w12. Not many classic HP monsters there, and players have 2-3K HP. Each fight is unpredictable till the end. That's where the real fun is and where you can really say "this player is an awsome fort fight leader and this player rocks in fort fights".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Being a pure hp build is not such an easy stuff as you might think. I'm stuck. Stuck on the fort battles. 20 hours of sleep per day and 30 minutes of fun. I cannot go on doing a job or a quest, or even earn some money because of my duel level (201) and all of the noobs attack me for the free xp(even if i have the golden colt I can't score more than 200 damage) they get on me. I do this not for myself but for my alliance. I have a fort team of 10 players pure HP, all with 10.000+ hp. We defend and conquer every fort. Just for a record, we conquered 54 forts trough flag rushing and defended over 100 forts. I see no point in nerfing me, all I can do is fort battles. If they nerf me, they should nerf duelers, workers, all-job builds. Abusing?! What am I abusing? Do duelers abuse their builds when they put everything in reflex and resistance or aim and dodge? Do builders abuse their builds when they go full Construction? I don't think so! I ruined my gameplay for my alliance, and I feel proud. We are not ruining everything.

So 10 of you changed balance of the game, and now few of you are the only ones that can enjoy fort fights. Screw the rest of the people on the server ay? Good move... -.-

Anyway to answer your question about abuse. Yes you are abusing game mechanics, and for your selfish reasons you are ruining activity in which 200+ people enjoy in the same time. And you can even start to compare with pure builders or resistance duelers, difference is, when they change their build they affect only themselves while you have no problem scing up the game and fun for hundreds of people just to be "top dog" in the forts...

DeletedUser23701

huh, 10 people can't abuse or ruin enjoy of fort fights.
I love to be on tower behind tank and enjoy it.

100 people on each side, yes, they can. But I doubt there will be so many people on any of worlds, except maybe pl.

DeletedUser22493

As of right now, the HP tanks generate a pretty small threat. They can easily be countered by some good sector blocking. The tanks are also generally well distributed around in the different towns.

The problem would occour in perhaps 6 months, when you'll see fort fighting towns and alliances filled with tanks. Because they are so O.P, people are building they characters to become pure tanks.

So unless the dev's make a way to counter this soon, it will become a problem.

DeletedUser23701

Servers would loose activitiy and players, if all will become tanks.
What means, servers will die and no good fights will happen.
Until that, enjoy fort fights

DeletedUser

10 people with 10k hp can make enormous difference in every fort, in small fort there is no chance of defending if you have full attack with 10 hp tanks against you.

DeletedUser23701

And the rest of attackers are 3-5k ?
Or 1-2k ?

If attack is against 3-5k defenders, then fort can be defended.
If attackers aren't moving, then again you can win them.

Just taking 10k tanks won't help.

DeletedUser23701

And defenders?
You know or assume? :)

Anyway, I'd want to challenge it.

DeletedUser9470

on the HP monster debate, well i reckon hp monster towns should be turned upside down.
hp monsters can ONLY do fort fights.
they cannot quest
they cannot duel
they cannot do good jobs
and thus if they dont get any of these xps, quests, or cash or chests, they are absolutely useless.
they are stuck in their fort battle world

the only way for them to get xp and money is to win big battles.

so there are 2 ways of beating them:
become hp monsters ourselves is one solution, but isnt really, you want to lose out on dueling, good jobs and questing?

my solution is to take big battles away from them.

2 scenarios:
scenario 1:
they call a fort battle
we all turn up to defend
they pwn everyone in that battle
they get huge xp, chests and cash
they get a fort

scenario 2:
they call a fort battle
we DO NOT turn up
they dont pwn anyone
they dont get huge XP, cash and chests

they get a fort
plus
we dont lose time going there/sleeping etc and get on with working/questing
plus
we could duel the life out of them...

In both scenarios they get the fort, they get the fort points and they get top place in the world...
lets just make them pay for it, rather than give them xp, cash and chests too.

After 10 empty battles, they will all be wondering why the hell did they spec into HP monsters?...

For sure some peeps may think this isnt a very honorable way to do things, neither is being an hp monster any more honorable...
im not the type who likes to get pwned.
are you?

DeletedUser9470

sound like a runner not a fighter to me mate

You know very well I am a fighter, I dont back down from any task.
the difference between you and me is that I play my enemy at my own game.
I dont let a bunch of noobs dictate to me how things should be done.
I have no intention on destroying myself to become an hp monster because someone said thats the way forward... i am no suck up.

how are you dealing with the enemy hp monster factory?
have you gone full hp monster to counter? and thus being led down a route by the end of your nose?...
or are you relying on your fellow teammates to bare the burden so you can hide behind them? are you a hider?

i see my solution as a way of outsmarting people who think they are smart.

DeletedUser

sorry neo, but you're 6 months too late (golden arrow HP monstering case on w11).
in the meantime, more different builds emerged and HP monsters are not unbeatable, but I guess you're not into fort fights much?

DeletedUser

@Mezonis
I know, and i chalenged it and lost several times.

@Neo
No chance of that happenning mate, every alliance that got HP tanks suddenly feels that thats ok.

@Joxer
What are those builds or tactics that can counter that much HP advantage in for instance small fort?

DeletedUser

anarchy, sorry, I don't share some things publically any more as it's written on my w13 profile.
and I don't fight in small forts unless i'm really bored - after push fort fights were disabled, there is no need for a small fort ownership torment.

may I remind you that this is a thread about blocking tank adventurer? there aren't many of those out there.

DeletedUser

For all those people who whine that tanks rule and basically the side that have the most HP wins. Once again there is an example from Beta that it is not true.

Again Russian team battle (defenders) with a team from Poland servers (attackers) where ALL attackers (polish team) were killed while NO ONE from defenders had died.
Both sides were online except for 1 person offline on each side.
But he most astonishing thing is that Polish team had 113037 HP (average 4521 HP per person.), while russian team had only 60406 HP (average 2876 HP per person).
Polish team made an average damage of 1500 HP
Average damage of defenders - 5600 HP

This once again proves that simply having more HP does not lead to victories in fort battles. Fort battles are team work. And a team that is better will will even if it has much less HP.