Adventure play style confusion

ScarletKisses

Yeah, that guy isn't easy to play with...but not everybody is like him fortunately. That is something I usually do when the player on my team is offline out of frustration but for someone like you actually trying to play that is just unacceptable behavior. I'm not sure what anyone can do to fix this situation short of warning or banning the player...but even then this can be abused unless there is consensus with other players of recurring bad behavior of the offender. Well, in the meantime you can avoid playing with him I guess...best of luck.

Sadly he isn't the only one who is difficult to play with, There are those who take great delight in pointing out every mistake you may make. Despite that the game play may not come so naturally for some. Does that mean they shouldn't play to appease those ego's? Despite enjoying playing.
But there seem little you can do about it there doesn't seem to be much support for the adventures.

DeletedUser36417

I tried adventure for 1st time the other day. How do you move map?. Since whole map doesn't show I had to move my guy to lets say the bank from mill.Can you ckick and hold and then move the map/. Sounds like dumb question but i couldn't get map to move

jarograv

I tried adventure for 1st time the other day. How do you move map?. Since whole map doesn't show I had to move my guy to lets say the bank from mill.Can you ckick and hold and then move the map/. Sounds like dumb question but i couldn't get map to move

To move the map click and drag. If you are on a touch screen see below post from asdf's adventure guide here: https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-guide.56998/
How to play using a smartphone:

To move map using a smartphone:

Hit on the side toon picture to move to that toons location.

Setting to move is simply the same with PC but instead of clicking, you hit 2'nd ability from the stick-menu mid down.

To shoot, you do the same but to see the blue line of projectiles you'd need to cancel and hit same ability again(the shooting abilities.

If you don't see available tiles, just hit second ability and hit a red tile(usually happens if you just started the game and red tiles are usually the buildings)

Current issues: (iPhone 6S)
If you feel that the phone is overheating, you should restart after game but you'll have to rage quit to move map due to lag made via the overheating.
It helps to delete history and whatnot to lower pressure on phone cache etc.

DeletedUser

There's this culture in Adventures now where losing teams have an expectation of maximum point earning potential (200 VP). This is to the point now of being a faux pas if you don't afford this to the losers. Also, veteran players participating in this unspoken policy of play are teaching it to new players.

Is it "fair and honorable"? Maybe.

It is pushing? No doubt about it.

fortfighter1

There's this culture in Adventures now where losing teams have an expectation of maximum point earning potential (200 VP). This is to the point now of being a faux pas if you don't afford this to the losers. Also, veteran players participating in this unspoken policy of play are teaching it to new players.

Is it "fair and honorable"? Maybe.

It is pushing? No doubt about it.

You are right , if a team is weaker we should be hammering the living daylights out of them and when they are down kick them even harder. I am now teaching this to my young daughter so she grows up to be a perfect woman.

DeletedUser26820

Interesting read as first time in this thread.
I've lost 0-35 and have won 35-0.
For the whiners, there is a "participation trophy" for attending an adventure via a daily task.
You have the opportunity to lose, stomp your foot, pout, and still get a reward.
For the others, there's opportunity to win. To work together and either by a slim margin or a huge one, rip out your heart and eat it on the mill.

So cry and pout or come shoot and munch.... Either way, there will be another adventure soon.....

DeletedUser

You are right , if a team is weaker we should be hammering the living daylights out of them and when they are down kick them even harder. I am now teaching this to my young daughter so she grows up to be a perfect woman.

So basically you are saying there should be either a 200 VP reward for losers or a 250 VP reward for winners. If anyone involved is not focused on that outcome, then they are *******s.

How silly of me not to imply that from the original game designer's list of objectives.

Senoras*B

So basically you are saying there should be either a 200 VP reward for losers or a 250 VP reward for winners. If anyone involved is not focused on that outcome, then they are *******s.
Sorry but I have to say 150-200 VP is fair reward for my active play time. e.g. you can be in a losing team in Fort Battle and still gain max xp based on your performance. In adventure no matter how good you do you may end up with 0 or 100 VP. Imo it's not fair.
I don't understand why anyone would like to play if they will lose almost 80% sertainty?
I play coz adventures are fun but games where my team is gaining 10 points ain't fun. Most cases other team are just parking in our respaw area and kill us after respaw. Dont know if someone thinks thats fun?
But instead of becoming a bigger whiner (I'm already a whiner) :D I'll leave in a lobby if there is too many noobs or my team will lost the game. ...And some hate me also because if this.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

I think the biggest issue with adventures at the moment is surely the matchmaking. You can almost always tell which team will win before the game starts. I don't play adventures anymore, I still think that it was great that the community decided to share VP with the obviously weaker team though, and the rule change to consider this as an illegal activity was the wrong way to try to fix it. I don't really understand why people without tombola winner guns and level 150 even bother playing them anymore, hopefully one day we'll get a mode with a bear to fight instead. #Bearventures #MakeAdventuresGreatAgain

DeletedUser

Most cases other team are just parking in our respaw area and kill us after respaw. Dont know if someone thinks thats fun?

Senoras*B, that's actually the second facet to this new culture. The idea with parking is that the winning team is giving the losing team maximum VP by not trying to take over your team's buildings. So since they aren't doing that they are going for Achievements by knocking you and your team out.

I hope now you can see why I think this is all bad. By intentionally altering the outcomes what you have happening is one team controlling the entire activity of the other team out of this supposed "gifting" of VP.

I agree with lulu's thoughts but that just pinpoints the flawed game design of Adventures. Players are taking it upon themselves to correct it with this VP gifting thing and then camping at spawn points to get Achievements.

Lulu, the reason people play is Adventures are tied into requirements to complete at least two quests open to low level players. Also it's the appeal of getting the long range revolvers that can give you Left Hand weapons that give you stat bonuses. Again at low levels this can be really appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

Lulu, the reason people play is Adventures are tied into requirements to complete at least two quests open to low level players. Also it's the appeal of getting the long range revolvers that can give you Left Hand weapons that give you stat bonuses. Again at low levels this can be really appealing.
I only do camping if I know I will win, but if I ain't confident, I know it is better to get bank.

fortfighter1

asdf124 is right, i camp when i am pretty sure we are winning and not before it. No one leaves buildings to camp if they are not winning. Sure you will learn this over time when you gain experience from playing advents Disinterested horse.

Senoras*B, that's actually the second facet to this new culture. The idea with parking is that the winning team is giving the losing team maximum VP by not trying to take over your team's buildings. So since they aren't doing that they are going for Achievements by knocking you and your team out..

Senoras*B

Senoras*B, that's actually the second facet to this new culture. The idea with parking is that the winning team is giving the losing team maximum VP by not trying to take over your team's buildings. So since they aren't doing that they are going for Achievements by knocking you and your team out.
You're wrong here as ff1 and asdf said. If other team is camping somewhere near pond or bailing to hold only one building then the are giving free points and trust me I know when I get my points. :D

Lulu, the reason people play is Adventures are tied into requirements to complete at least two quests open to low level players. Also it's the appeal of getting the long range revolvers that can give you Left Hand weapons that give you stat bonuses. Again at low levels this can be really appealing
There are quest at different levels that required adventures, I don't think quests are the reason. Those are there to introduce new players all aspects of the game adv, ffs and duels. My own experience I would say that long range revolvers aren't that appealing, you can get better guns from tombolas in every few months or your townies. I have only use Hank's (strength) revolver in adventures, others are collecting dust in my inventory. What i see as a reason for most low lever players playing adventures is that it's easiest way to get rich early when money can be hard to earn. Gain VP, buy chests and sell reward items at the market. Easy money. :)

DeletedUser

You guys are not making any sense and at the same time affirming my observations.

To be clear about the foundation of my points; my assertion is that everything yourself,asdf, ff1, etc. are saying is a form of pushing. You are altering the outcome based on what you think yourself, your team and the opposing team should get. That is, in general, 250 VP for the winner and hopefully 200 VP for the loser.

I go further to say that opposing this set up in the game itself these days is met usually with severe chastising. Of course from my perspective that's really corrupt considering again that it technically is a form of pushing.

I guess this is one of those battles you can't win. The game design is bad. No one cares. So the rules get bent to the whim of those that put up with it and play it regardless.

fortfighter1

You guys are not making any sense and at the same time affirming my observations.

To be clear about the foundation of my points; my assertion is that everything yourself,asdf, ff1, etc. are saying is a form of pushing. You are altering the outcome based on what you think yourself, your team and the opposing team should get. That is, in general, 250 VP for the winner and hopefully 200 VP for the loser.

I go further to say that opposing this set up in the game itself these days is met usually with severe chastising. Of course from my perspective that's really corrupt considering again that it technically is a form of pushing.

I guess this is one of those battles you can't win. The game design is bad. No one cares. So the rules get bent to the whim of those that put up with it and play it regardless.
I never said i give points any place in above posts so dont know where you are reading that. I did say if i am sure i am winning a game i camp respawn spot sometimes to kill respawns so they cannot take a building. How is that saying i am giving points???????
Stop trying to twist words saying we are pushing.

DeletedUser

I never said i give points any place in above posts so dont know where you are reading that. I did say if i am sure i am winning a game i camp respawn spot sometimes to kill respawns so they cannot take a building. How is that saying i am giving points???????
Stop trying to twist words saying we are pushing.

In case you missed my last post, I've admitted defeat. It's pointless to discuss this considering the level of corruption in Adventures at this time.

asdf124

I like to have a bigger k/d ratio, if I make things faster, they won't play against me anymore. See the leave button? Yep, that is more abused than any other button. They would also sabotage my next game just cause I didn't give "sufficient" points.

And this all come from experience and have been corrupted not only by normal players.

So, blame me for everything rather than blame the matchmaking system which I already suggested to be changed so it becomes fairer.

However, the feedback was less than thoughtful and I guess I lack communication intellectuality which had burdened me to deliver what I wanted.

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-balance-maker.56091/