Adventure play style confusion

Tucker Blue

i'm VERY confused now. i just took part in an adventure. 3v3, i was on red team. i was the small guy so i took saloon and in the meantime, both my teammates started wandering. The 2nd strongest guy came to saloon with me, moved off then back on then started wandering then went offline in the middle of the play area. Our strongest guy just started wandering from his first move trying to take pot shots at the blue team but making absolutely no effort in capturing buildings. By the time i got to the mill which was vacated at that point, the score was around 15 - 8 and before i could take it they got 2 more which made the score around 17-9. (i might be off 1 point either way)While i was taking the mill one of my teammates said "get off the mill, we're playing for a draw". But with an 8ish point lead and blue getting +2 every round and us only +1 i'm wondering if my teammates failed grade one math or what. Until that point they had ignored all my communications to them in team chat. As i was taking mill a blue player took back saloon to make blue +2 and us +1 again. And that's why i continued to take mill. Even the score, then they could make mill neutral when our scores were even. i didn't have a problem playing for a draw but the other team kept taking 2 buildings and at the same time insinuating they were playing for the draw too. ScarlettKisses was on the blue team and in post game chat even she said she was confused. Are you getting confused now just reading this? Now imagine being in the middle of a match trying to figure out what was going on with no communication from your teammates.

My query is:

Should i really care what my team is doing if they aren't going to communicate their plan to me? What confused me the most was when the guy that took saloon from us and made it 2-1 again said it was my fault that he had to take saloon from us because i was trying to even the score FOR a draw.

i am SO confused at the moment. i'm getting every which way of double speak from these people.

The KEY to every successful TEAM is communication. i was trying from beginning to get the team chat going, but to no avail. Am i doing something incorrectly here or what? Am i missing something?

*edit - Oh yeah and the blue team, from the start, played like they were going for a win. Their weakest took bank while the other two beelined for the mill and took it. Then came out into the middle of field and started blasting away at our team.

Senoras*B

Sorry about your bad experience :( I do remember when I was new at adventures, sometimes lack of advice/communication was terrible, more experience players assume that you will know what to do, if you can't know what they are thinking you get shoot at back from your own team mate or insults instead of advice where to move.
Did you agreed draw in a adventure pre-lobby chat? someone asking +?. It's common practice to play draws, don't know if we can actually play those because we don't get any rules even after I ask rules month ago. [waiting it happened #soon] :p It's has been happened several times that no one agree in pre-lobby but other team is still expecting draw. There is also players who don't play draws or they will try to take every possible building even most agreed on draw in lobby (you will get to know these players when you play more.) Maybe there was these players in opposite team or your team had bad counter? can't tell.
*Oh yeah and the blue team, from the start, played like they were going for a win. Their weakest took bank while the other two beelined for the mill and took it. Then came out into the middle of field and started blasting away at our team.
This sounds like they where playing draw take mill and bail. You can shoot others there is nothing better to do if you're playing draw :p but of course you need to give mill at some point and not to kill counter.

Last edited:

ScarletKisses

i'm VERY confused now. i just took part in an adventure. 3v3, i was on red team. i was the small guy so i took saloon and in the meantime, both my teammates started wandering. The 2nd strongest guy came to saloon with me, moved off then back on then started wandering then went offline in the middle of the play area. Our strongest guy just started wandering from his first move trying to take pot shots at the blue team but making absolutely no effort in capturing buildings. By the time i got to the mill which was vacated at that point, the score was around 15 - 8 and before i could take it they got 2 more which made the score around 17-9. (i might be off 1 point either way)While i was taking the mill one of my teammates said "get off the mill, we're playing for a draw". But with an 8ish point lead and blue getting +2 every round and us only +1 i'm wondering if my teammates failed grade one math or what. Until that point they had ignored all my communications to them in team chat. As i was taking mill a blue player took back saloon to make blue +2 and us +1 again. And that's why i continued to take mill. Even the score, then they could make mill neutral when our scores were even. i didn't have a problem playing for a draw but the other team kept taking 2 buildings and at the same time insinuating they were playing for the draw too. ScarlettKisses was on the blue team and in post game chat even she said she was confused. Are you getting confused now just reading this? Now imagine being in the middle of a match trying to figure out what was going on with no communication from your teammates.

My query is:

Should i really care what my team is doing if they aren't going to communicate their plan to me? What confused me the most was when the guy that took saloon from us and made it 2-1 again said it was my fault that he had to take saloon from us because i was trying to even the score FOR a draw.

i am SO confused at the moment. i'm getting every which way of double speak from these people.

The KEY to every successful TEAM is communication. i was trying from beginning to get the team chat going, but to no avail. Am i doing something incorrectly here or what? Am i missing something?

*edit - Oh yeah and the blue team, from the start, played like they were going for a win. Their weakest took bank while the other two beelined for the mill and took it. Then came out into the middle of field and started blasting away at our team.

Firstly I think you must be mistake... I don't agree to play draw's thank you . But I do agree there aren't any real set out rules to playing adventures, which really does need to be addressed as soon as possible.
As Senora's say's many other people still do and if I'm in game not much i can do to stop that.. But i never agree to draw anymore..

Secondly i don't really appreciate my name being the only one you mention despite saying yourself that i wasn't even on your team...So i don't really know why you would name me here..

Tucker Blue

1. Nowhere in any guide did i read "+" means the player that typed it wants a draw. Senoras, you telling me that now is the first i've ever heard of why they type + in pregame. But now that you mention it, and i'll name drop now, funmaker typed + in pregame lobby with no reply from either team.
2. Scarlett i didn't say you were specifically playing for a draw but one of your team looked like he was, your weakest guy that took bank. You were part of the 2 man mill rush team. i can respect going for the win. That's what i came to play for.

i just played one more match with fun, i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Nobody typed + in this pregame lobby though. But sure enough he said we were playing for a draw as the other team took two buildings. i even typed in all caps NO DRAWS in pregame lobby. Apparently the other team agreed silently. Even when there was no way we could have won because they had too many points for us to catch up he still insisted that we were playing for a draw. i swear, he's dyslexic or something. He seemingly doesn't understand what +2 vs +1 points every round equals to, but it is not a draw. This is basic elementary school math. i don't know if he thinks getting 200 VP and the other team gets 250 + 20% loot chest is a draw but it seems like that is exactly his thought process. i don't like playing matches with him so i will never again. And that will end that. My hope is that if anyone reads this just be aware i am not a "play for draw" guy anymore unless every player accepts the + in pregame lobby.

i had some brushes with other players when i started playing adventures but with one message the thick air was cleared and i have played matches with them successfully since then. The force however is not strong with fun and too bad i'll never understand his reasoning process. We're worlds apart. Oh well, i'll take the 10 minute penalty nooooo problem. Every game is a chance to measure yourself against your potential and i do not take that chance lightly. i am an extreme sport competitor. i go hard or i go home. Thanks for your input Sen and Scarlett good luck with future matches.

ScarletKisses

Hey, I thought match fixing for draws is illegal... :confused:

It is or so i'm told.. Despite there not being any actual rules in place .. Just a general rule of any kind of manipulating the game for gains is illegal.
I have been asking for public confirmation in the rules for weeks and weeks now, but all i get is a update will happen soon..
Come on Inno this is causing chaos in adventures.. Less and less people are playing as rules are so unclear.. Some want to still play draws and will shoot you if you don't agree to it and if you are low level its very difficult to deal with. Hoping for clarification quickly and clearly

ScarletKisses

1. Nowhere in any guide did i read "+" means the player that typed it wants a draw. Senoras, you telling me that now is the first i've ever heard of why they type + in pregame. But now that you mention it, and i'll name drop now, funmaker typed + in pregame lobby with no reply from either team.
2. Scarlett i didn't say you were specifically playing for a draw but one of your team looked like he was, your weakest guy that took bank. You were part of the 2 man mill rush team. i can respect going for the win. That's what i came to play for..

I am not happy that you think its okay to connect me to a draw game at all.. and for my name to be the only one you use.. despite saying i wasn't even in your team.
And i do believe its not okay for you to name anyone in a problem that you have on public forum.. i believe the correct thing to do is raise a support ticket.. not try to publicly shame people.. very poor judgement in my opinion

Last edited:

Senoras*B

i just played one more match with fun, i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Nobody typed + in this pregame lobby though. But sure enough he said we were playing for a draw as the other team took two buildings. i even typed in all caps NO DRAWS in pregame lobby. Apparently the other team agreed silently. Even when there was no way we could have won because they had too many points for us to catch up he still insisted that we were playing for a draw. i swear, he's dyslexic or something. He seemingly doesn't understand what +2 vs +1 points every round equals to, but it is not a draw. This is basic elementary school math. i don't know if he thinks getting 200 VP and the other team gets 250 + 20% loot chest is a draw but it seems like that is exactly his thought process. i don't like playing matches with him so i will never again. And that will end that. My hope is that if anyone reads this just be aware i am not a "play for draw" guy anymore unless every player accepts the + in pregame lobby.
You can't read everything from guides :) Draws can be also arrange in whisper/town chat e.g. expecially if two strongest guys are from same world, pre-lobby chat it's just easiest way to everyone see.

This other case looks like you're given a lesson not to go against majotity and they maybe lose on purpose? only because you said in pre-lobby that "NO DRAWS" it happens and I would advice you not say this in lobby or you will get reputation of unfair player and end up being shoot by your own and the opposite team. As you can see there is quite a much drama/ unwriten rules that you will learn only by doing adventures.

Hey, I thought match fixing for draws is illegal... :confused:
well this is last public answer from moderator team, I'm reading it the way that we can play draws and it's not illegal since they are not giving bans for this reason. (link)
Apelatia said:
Thank you for bringing this up, Senoras*B. We are currently discussing this issue within the moderation team. We hope to have an official ruling on the problem available publicly for players to refer to very soon.

We are not currently dishing out bans to any players for coordinating draws in adventures. Any bans given thus far have been for other reasons.

Twista Edit - Official announcements will be posted soon regarding this issue.
But I guess rules are up soon (meaning next year maybe) :D

Last edited:

ScarletKisses

You can't read everything from guides :) Draws can be also arrange in whisper/town chat e.g. expecially if two strongest guys are from same world, pre-lobby chat it's just easiest way to everyone see.

This other case looks like you're given a lesson not to go against majotity and they maybe lose on purpose? only because you said in pre-lobby that "NO DRAWS" it happens and I would advice you not say this in lobby or you will get reputation of unfair player and end up being shoot by your own and the opposite team. As you can see there is quite a much drama/ unwriten rules that you will learn only by doing adventures.

well this is last public answer from moderator team, I'm reading it the way that we can play draws and it's not illegal since they are not giving bans for this reason. (link) But I guess rules are up soon (meaning next year maybe) :D

and yet i was told this is incorrect and so the saga continues......

Abydos1

Hmmm, well I think it is common knowledge now in adventures that draws can't be fixed...I haven't had issues with it as of late. We'll see what happens I guess...

ScarletKisses

Hmmm, well I think it is common knowledge now in adventures that draws can't be fixed...I haven't had issues with it as of late. We'll see what happens I guess...

I wish that were true.. there is still a lot who want to play draw and get very annoyed if they cant

Tucker Blue

The only thing i said you specifically did Scarlett was type "i'm confused" in post game lobby and that you were not playing for a draw as you were part of the 2 man mill rush.

i'm all for giving a few more VP to losing team(unless they write a rule against that) but i don't play for draws, never have and i'm stickin' to that. And fun never broke any rules so why would i report him to staff? He just created much confusion. Perhaps he had done this before and someone might have said "Yeah he does that" or something like that. Not trying to get him in trouble. Just trying to figure out what some of these players are up to. Remember the first thing i wrote was "i'm VERY confused now."

My style is very blunt and sometimes unintentionally curt. My intent is not to offend though.

Last edited:

ScarletKisses

The only thing i said you specifically did Scarlett was type "i'm confused" in post game lobby and that you were not playing for a draw as you were part of the 2 man mill rush.

i'm all for giving a few more VP to losing team(unless they write a rule against that) but i don't play for draws, never have and i'm stickin' to that. And fun never broke any rules so why would i report him to staff? He just created much confusion. Perhaps he had done this before and someone might have said "Yeah he does that" or something like that. Not trying to get him in trouble. Just trying to figure out what some of these players are up to. Remember the first thing i wrote was "i'm VERY confused now."

My style is very blunt and sometimes unintentionally curt. My intent is not to offend though.

I don't know you and didn't want to be involved in any way to you making your point... whatever it actually was isnt important to me... and you weren't very clear someone said on this post oh sound like they were playing draw.... I don't want to be associated with any mention of draw games.. thank you ....

Abydos1

Well, just had an exciting rare full house game (5 on 5) and noticed that the team matchmaking is still lopsided and I was on the short end of it as usual...won only because somebody quit on the other side. No draws in this one but I don't think that is the issue now...the uneven teams is really the problem.

DeletedUser17207

Howdy, all. I am new to the forum, but I thought that maybe some fresh observations on Adventures would be beneficial. Here it comes in list form.

1. Adventures are a great way to pass time while waiting for your character to move from place to place on the map and still keep people engaged in the game.:)
2. Adventures can be more engaging for low-level players than a Fort Battle (where you are a very low priority and must typically hide or die). In adventures, you can face off against other low-level players and make meaningful supporting contributions to your stronger teammates.:)
3. I agree with others that playing for a draw:eek: goes against the spirit of competition. That being said, I don't think it is right to punish those on the losing side of some of these imbalanced matchups by their receiving little to no veteran points for their efforts when the match has been decided before it even starts, or if a teammate quits mid-match:(. So while I don't support draws, I do agree with letting the other team get points once the match has been secured.;)
4. The matchups need to be more fairly balanced. There is a need to take into consideration the damage that the weapons being used can inflict as well as the health points that each player has.
5. A problem exists with a few people who are at best, immature:confused: and at worst, cantankerous:mad: in their demeanor. Examples that I have seen range anywhere from bullying:mad: players to make it a draw, or as far as which skills they choose during the pre-match selection process (advice is fine, but I have seen players quit before the match even starts if their teammates don't select particular skills that the bully insists upon), to being verbally abusive:mad: and purposefully leaving the match once it has started, but before any moves have been made.
6. I agree that, in the interests of privacy, we should refrain from naming players in these threads (unless it is a positive, or neutral reference). Keeping that in mind, Tucker, Senoras, Scarlet and Abydos. I have had the opportunity to play both with and against each of you on numerous occasions and I have found you all to be very fair and considerate teammates and adversaries. I would line up with you anytime.:D
7. There needs to be a set of rules in place that clearly states what is considered a punishable offense.
8. Veteran players need to be more patient with new players and communicate clearly and not make assumptions.
9. If any one of the players does not select any skills pre-match before the time runs out they should have to rejoin the adventures queue and the match should not proceed.
10. Perhaps some or all of these points have already been put forth, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and I will see you the next time we Rush on Tombstone.:p

P.S. The emojis are for Senoras benefit.;)

Abydos1

Howdy, all. I am new to the forum, but I thought that maybe some fresh observations on Adventures would be beneficial. Here it comes in list form.

1. Adventures are a great way to pass time while waiting for your character to move from place to place on the map and still keep people engaged in the game.:)
2. Adventures can be more engaging for low-level players than a Fort Battle (where you are a very low priority and must typically hide or die). In adventures, you can face off against other low-level players and make meaningful supporting contributions to your stronger teammates.:)
3. I agree with others that playing for a draw:eek: goes against the spirit of competition. That being said, I don't think it is right to punish those on the losing side of some of these imbalanced matchups by their receiving little to no veteran points for their efforts when the match has been decided before it even starts, or if a teammate quits mid-match:(. So while I don't support draws, I do agree with letting the other team get points once the match has been secured.;)
4. The matchups need to be more fairly balanced. There is a need to take into consideration the damage that the weapons being used can inflict as well as the health points that each player has.
5. A problem exists with a few people who are at best, immature:confused: and at worst, cantankerous:mad: in their demeanor. Examples that I have seen range anywhere from bullying:mad: players to make it a draw, or as far as which skills they choose during the pre-match selection process (advice is fine, but I have seen players quit before the match even starts if their teammates don't select particular skills that the bully insists upon), to being verbally abusive:mad: and purposefully leaving the match once it has started, but before any moves have been made.
6. I agree that, in the interests of privacy, we should refrain from naming players in these threads (unless it is a positive, or neutral reference). Keeping that in mind, Tucker, Senoras, Scarlet and Abydos. I have had the opportunity to play both with and against each of you on numerous occasions and I have found you all to be very fair and considerate teammates and adversaries. I would line up with you anytime.:D
7. There needs to be a set of rules in place that clearly states what is considered a punishable offense.
8. Veteran players need to be more patient with new players and communicate clearly and not make assumptions.
9. If any one of the players does not select any skills pre-match before the time runs out they should have to rejoin the adventures queue and the match should not proceed.
10. Perhaps some or all of these points have already been put forth, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and I will see you the next time we Rush on Tombstone.:p

P.S. The emojis are for Senoras benefit.;)
Wow, what a great checklist! I agree with all these points and think that we should save this for the developers...now if they are going to follow it that's another story but they did manage to fix the first move issue among other things so there is some promise for more improvements in the future but it will prolly be innosoon. ;P

ScarletKisses

10. Perhaps some or all of these points have already been put forth, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and I will see you the next time we Rush on Tombstone.:p.

Great post!! It would be wonderful to see new rules posted and a better way of making the team's :)

ScarletKisses

Wow, what a great checklist! I agree with all these points and think that we should save this for the developers...now if they are going to follow it that's another story but they did manage to fix the first move issue among other things so there is some promise for more improvements in the future but it will prolly be innosoon. ;P

Here is hoping they will improve things :)

Tucker Blue

Do not play with funmaker666 on your team. He wanders around aimlessly and team kills. He just intentionally team killed me after he made sure we were going to lose. He moved behind me putting me between him and a player from other team then took first and second moves and shot me three times.

Abydos1

Do not play with funmaker666 on your team. He wanders around aimlessly and team kills. He just intentionally team killed me after he made sure we were going to lose. He moved behind me putting me between him and a player from other team then took first and second moves and shot me three times.
Yeah, that guy isn't easy to play with...but not everybody is like him fortunately. That is something I usually do when the player on my team is offline out of frustration but for someone like you actually trying to play that is just unacceptable behavior. I'm not sure what anyone can do to fix this situation short of warning or banning the player...but even then this can be abused unless there is consensus with other players of recurring bad behavior of the offender. Well, in the meantime you can avoid playing with him I guess...best of luck.