Adventure Guide

asdf124

Warning: Adventures use buffs that have attack/defense.
Basics: (Already know the basics? Wanna skip to the tips and tricks?)
How to move:
In order to move, you hit second button(the steps)and select up to 5 tiles away from toon, if another toon is in the way but you know that one is moving, select one more step further than that toon to move onto its position(sometimes it doesn't work by the way).

How to shoot:
Click either crosshair button(first button) , venom(snake) shot or double shot button, and select opponent colored toon.
Note: You cannot shoot through obstacles. Hovering over bank would give you a red tile, red tiles are obstacles and cannot be walked upon or shoot through.

You have 3 buildings, bank, saloon and mill to control.

Your team needs to change(capture)a building to accumulate points(To do that, you'll need to set on the white tile if you are on range, if not, move closer to it). You will need 35 points for a win or tie.

35 rounds are there as maximum rounds. Never use inspire like I do, use heal, area heal or snare(note: These three have a range you'll see in blue once you try to use em. Snare has a larger range while the area heal and heal has 5 tiles of range. Heal would need you to select toon your healing.)

Your build doesn't effect anything in adventures, it is your own gear.

How hp and Damage is calculated in adventures:
The rifle's attributes(STR for hp which hammers(lowers)chances to hit/dodge, mobility for chances to dodge, Dex for damage, charisma for chances to critical hits) and rifles own damage is used to calculate the damage range. If it has dex, and other modifiers like attack (like the one you get from venom snake and outlaw set bonus)
Defense gives hp with lower penalties to dodge.(Detailed information about the hp formula can be found in the end of the 3'rd post of this thread or by clicking here)

You should have a left(blue team) line if you have 3 members so that you'd go 2 mill, 1 bank.
Red team would have it to the right line.(if you are going to go to "safe buildings" and have a 5 player team, please set to any spot but the left side or right side)

safe building=Saloon or Bank.

Red team moves 2'nd in first round but they move first afterwards as it alternates.
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z.till 35'th round
B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B-R-B

B=Blue, R=Red.

If a none prioritized player sets first in queue and the prioritized player from the other team set's first and KOes him, queue would for some reason do an akimbo(does his moves twice)i.e.( this is what I am informing you about but it isn't same due to the other player koing one and me after him, predicting who ever was set in none prioritized team can get you an akimbo but sometimes it is a 50/50 chance to be done.)

Items/sets that are useful at adventures:

Most useful Equipment:(Sorted to most effective gear to least effective)

Wright plane set(=+20attack=more damage/chances to hit)
Lucile horsey set(9 attack/defense)
Lucille's weapon set(5.5 attack/defense)

Venom snake(5 attack/defense)
Medal of bravery at sea(2 defense/attack worth of 300 bonds per, can be upgraded up to 3A/D)
Tatanka cloth set(about 15 attack)
Bavarian/Dirndl set(up to 11attack/defense)(Please mix it with other more useful gear)
union officer cloth set(12 attack and up to 18 attack when upgrade^^(if it is upgraded, consider it better than tatanka.)
Sherman cloth set(up to about 15 defense, best hp booster/dodge if you have high mobility in gun)
Maya scarf(5 defense)>Quest item<
Outlaw set(up to 10 attack/defense if complete set)
Sam Hawkins knife(need to invite lots of out of game friends to gain it.)
Sherman horsey set(7 defense)
Amish horse/cloth set(less effective than bavarian set and no hp bonus.)
5 attack/up to 6 attack)
Soldier cloth set(3 attack/defense~coming in next update)
Scout cloth set(2 def)
Deadwood horsey set(2 defense)
Shawnee cloth/weapon set(2 defense<cloth>/2 attack<weapon set bonus>)
Natty bumpo cloth set(becomes obsolete once outlaw or bavarian/dirndl set is acquired)

Weapons(sorted by how better potentially it is without being upgraded)
Chingachook(30mob/dex)
El Gringo Weapon set
Lincoln weapon set(12 attribute point)
Deputy chef's stuff
union officer's set
Lucille weapon set
Phoebe's rifle weapon set(8 attack, 9 mob/dex/char 365-385
Hawk rifle(8 ap's 350-370)
Shepard/shepardess rifle(6 ap's 350-370)
Preacher rifle(8 str, 6 dex/char 350-370)
Moonshiner rifle(6 str, dex, and 9 char 350-370)
Henry Hooker(9 str, 5 mobility, 5 dexterity and upgradable)
Event winner prizes(6 attribute point minimmum on all attributes)
New golden gun set(6 attribute point, 4 attack/defense 375-395)
Martha's rifle(6 ap's 337-360
little britches(6 AP's on all of em and 335-355)
mountain farmer(5 mob, dex and 8 char 350-370)
Joaquinn/Emiliano rifle (6 mob/char/dex and 350-370)
David C.(8 mobility, 8 dex and 3 char)
IFBC Rifle(6 attribute point on all AP)
William Penn's rifle(6 ap's)
Gambler weapon set(6 attribute point on all attributes)
raven bow(6 ap's)
Dancer Hand fan(useful since 6 ap except for mobility. so you might dodge less in that)
Lonesome Cowboy rifle
outlaw rifle(3 ap's 335-355 damage)
skeletonman's/john rolfe rifle(5 AP's)
butch cassidy rifle(5 strength, 6 mobility, 5 dex)
Romeo's crossbow(6 str 3 mob)
Henry miller's rifle(9 mobility and 3 strength)
pat desmond rifle(3 str, 3 mob, 6 char)
Bass reeve rifle(3 str, 6 mob, 3 dex)
Wesley rifle(6 mobility, 5 dexterity and 5 charisma)
shawnee weapon set(3 ap's)
Any rifle with 3 ap(has 335-355 damage)
Any rifle with 3 AP(has 320-340 damage)
Bavarian/Dirndl wine barrel
Collin rifle(6 str)
aird rifle(6 dex/char)
corey's rifle(6 mob/dex)
wanderer rifle(6 mob/dex)
3 dex/char 320-340 damage guns or something similar, please never consider these weapons(unless you have it with double the damage)
Level longe-range revolvers:
[item=44055000](Hamage)
[item=44056000](Haim)
[item=44054000](Hodge)
[item=44053000](Hank)

Special section for under level 110:

fire and ice set(80-110)
Thunder and lightning set(80-110)
Golden gun(level 80-110)(232-348)(it is better than level guns at lower levels)
Elfego baca rifle(80-90, obsolete if you have upgraded level gun)
King fisher rifle(80-90, obsolete if you have upgraded level gun)
Jeremiah rifle(level 80-100)
Natty bumpo rifle(80-100)
George mcj weapon set(80-100)
Chingachgook's rifle(80-100)
Allan's rifle(80-100)
Limited items such as badger, turtle, bear, eagle etc long range revolvers.(level 70 requirement to equip, minimum 64 if premium soldier)(222-338 rifle damage)
[item=44040000] (bear 7 strength 3 mobility)
[item=44041000] (hawk 3 mobility 4 dexterity 3 charisma)
[item=44042000] (Turtle 7 mobility 3 dexterity)
[item=44043000] (badger 5 mobility 5 dexterity)
[item=44044000] (Eagle 7 dexterity 3 charisma)
[item=44045000] (ox 3 mobility 7 charisma)
[item=44046000] (bull 5 dexterity 5 charisma)
[item=44047000] (Lynx 2 strength 2 mobility 3 dexterity 3 charisma)

Best rifle replacement at level 130+ to outlaw rifle for adventures is the Raven bow due to 6 attributes to all.(the only free rifle replacement of outlaw rifle)

If you can't get these items, try buying a lower level required gun from your town shop and upgrade em.

Last edited:

asdf124

Tips and tricks section~More to come

How to make em shoot each other:
Knowing where red players are going can have an advantage to blue players, they can move out to make red players miss/shoot each other.

For example, you being on left side of mill, under the corner and have two players coming for you. Hitting about 4 tiles to left and 1 tile down would make the incoming player shoot the corner red ally. The red ally would miss at least 1 shot. Making you get reserved hp and ability to heal.

Pictures coming soon.

Blocking:
To block you'll need to position yourself somewhere 1 player passage, for example, 1 tile under the first tile(top left corner) of mill would be a blocking position.

Anticipating your enemies movement is very helpful in determining whether you block, make em shoot each other etc .

Factors need to be taken to account while anticipating opposition:

1. Number of alive players from both teams.
2. Your queue order.(The queue order is the movable short key which looks like a mini tool in older Microsoft word etc. Hovering over an action let's you know who set it.)
3. The queue has alternating first movement(Red team moves 2'nd in first round, while blue team has 1'st in first round. It changes to red team 1'st in the second round, while blue is 2'nd in second round. BTW the queue has actions in em from both team, which means if red player is set first and it was first. Blue team player will shoot after unless the red player koes a person who set after him.)
4. You have to know the players most likely move and also take in effect if he has anticipation capabilities.
5. Comparison of hp.
6. Comparison of weapons.(if you having a higher damage potential which is if you have high dexterity bonus<use only dex from rifle, damage from the rifle range and charisma for critical chance<use only from rifle. If you have a level 5 precise single shot rifle, you shouldn't think you have a great chance against Raven bow, outlaw gun or special weapons.
7. When to fight at lower hp if you are believing you can get opposition after healing up a few times. Very helpful with bigger weapons if you acquire em.

8. You need to know who is first for the queue order as it alternates, always prioritize your running away low hp gang member unless you are also running while low hp too.
If you have priority, setting first to move, than your gang member set's second is safe.

9. Sometimes it is better to heal last if you are running away from others.

Last edited:

asdf124

How to play using a smartphone:

To move map using a smartphone:

Hit on the side toon picture to move to that toons location.

Setting to move is simply the same with PC but instead of clicking, you hit 2'nd ability from the stick-menu mid down.

To shoot, you do the same but to see the blue line of projectiles you'd need to cancel and hit same ability again(the shooting abilities.

If you don't see available tiles, just hit second ability and hit a red tile(usually happens if you just started the game and red tiles are usually the buildings)

Current issues: (iPhone 6S)
If you feel that the phone is overheating, you should restart after game but you'll have to rage quit to move map due to lag made via the overheating.
It helps to delete history and whatnot to lower pressure on phone cache etc.

The formula theory:

I believe the formula for adventures which aren't mentioned in the wiki are:

All attribute points are from the Gun slot(rifle)

(Dexterity*1.15(depends on level for level damage bonus)*attack value)+.gun range.(The level used here in formula theory example is for level 150, but I need lots of tweaking since I ain't sure about this.)

(Strength*10*defense)+(50+level)*(strenght+level/10)) \\For the hp\\
Hp bonus from gear+ base health

If gun has no Strength ap:
(10*defense)+((50+level)*(1+level/10))(This formula is off by about 2%, so I have to think about it more.)
Charisma*(5 or up to 9) For chances to crit.

(LVL+25*STR)*(DEF/5+10) + 20*DEF + 1000

Last edited:

DeletedUser35533

yay. Is there an AP limit?I have a lot in charisma so I don't know if I need more. I think in the old 2013 fort formula it was pointless to have more than 214 points in hiding.
it was hard to spot best outfits in the guide and better level organization could help.
I generally go to http://tw-db.info/?strana=calc then I hit the custom skills cog and put 1 AP in all windows
it telling me to go with painted horse ,fancy shell jacket,wells fargo's cowboy boots,raven mask ,raven bow,haida collar ,raven knifes,tlingit dancers drum,fancy silk pants and billy the kids skull belt. got any suggestions to improve that lineup?

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

yay. Is there an AP limit?I have a lot in charisma so I don't know if I need more. I think in the old 2013 fort formula it was pointless to have more than 214 points in hiding.

It is calculated by rifle's attributes, not character sp/ap.

Attack/defense from items. Where defense is for hp with less penalties, and attack for damage/better chances to hit.

Abydos1

They need to add this to the wiki help page as well as link it ingame when somebody tries to start an adventure which are needed for these new quests...

DeletedUser35533

Does [Wright brothers' diploma]+3 attack fort bonus work in adventures and would skeletonman's weapon set be better than raven bow + outlaw gun?

asdf124

a1:yes, and a2:if you are referring to outlaw revolver+raven bow, no, it is worse than that combo.

less hp, damage and chances to hit/dodge.

if you are referring to outlaw rifle, it would be having a bit more hp but sacrificing damage.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35533

outlaw belt has no none set related AP so I was thinking of swapping it out. any thoughts?

DeletedUser30399

Soooo . Someone know what will happen cause this link is providing only what you may get from chests . But what will happen with the adventure reward cause now is " 20% " ( think less ) chance to get a loot if you reach 35 points an now they are adding 8 different chests which mean even less chance to get the item I want or those chests will be available only for Veteran points ?

jarograv

Soooo . Someone know what will happen cause this link is providing only what you may get from chests . But what will happen with the adventure reward cause now is " 20% " ( think less ) chance to get a loot if you reach 35 points an now they are adding 8 different chests which mean even less chance to get the item I want or those chests will be available only for Veteran points ?
Currently nothing has been changed regarding the chance to receive a loot chest from adventures.

asdf124

Currently nothing has been changed regarding the chance to receive a loot chest from adventures.
It just feels that lower levels have higher chance to get loot.

On a second note, hope the new changes to the guide help.

Please let me know if I am missing anything and if any improvements can be made.

jarograv

Just taking a look here https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Lederhosen_-_Set and noticing the set is the same for 8 and 9 items (assuming the damage doesn't work in adventures, so no point going for 10 items). So I take it the best gear setup now would be lederhosen/drihnl set but swap out the gun for a better one and swap either the cat for snake (best option) or the neck for shawl. Is this right?

EDIT: Wrights plane set is probably pretty good too... didn't really look into that since I dont own it anyway :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser14087

If you have snake then the best option would be
outlaw rifle&revolver+medal of bravery+ snake+6 piece bavarian set= 15.5 attack and defence.
Or
penn rifle+ medal of bravery+ snake +7 piece bavarian = 14.5 attack and defence and more AP
Depends on the upgrade level of the items.
Wish i had the snake, the best i can do is 12.4 attack and defence

asdf124

Just taking a look here https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Lederhosen_-_Set and noticing the set is the same for 8 and 9 items (assuming the damage doesn't work in adventures, so no point going for 10 items). So I take it the best gear setup now would be lederhosen/drihnl set but swap out the gun for a better one and swap either the cat for snake (best option) or the neck for shawl. Is this right?

EDIT: Wrights plane set is probably pretty good too... didn't really look into that since I dont own it anyway :p
Well, that would be correct for maya's shawl if you have a high strength gun(since hp can only outweigh damage if you have a few specific rifles)

It won't if you have a no strength item, it would be a "waste" of plenty of damage(such as hamage's long range revolver)

asdf124

Added links, changed a few grammatical mistakes, and linked main post with sub posts to make it easier to navigate a bit.

Plans when I have time:

Add a 30 second screencast showcasing some of my own gameplay.